facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #796
palmettocharm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperPizzaz View Post
Ha, I did it!!!
Congratulations! Week Four was the turning point for me. Once I made it through that week the rest seemed to come much easier!

palmettocharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #797
tiring_day
Founder member of the DJP
I will not be posting pictures of my freaky blue poncho

I have just started C25K this morning, I had never even heard about it until a friend mentioned it on Facebook. I was out running at 5:30 this morning which sounds early but actually is late as I am on nightshift and what else are you going to do that early in the morning. This was just W1D1 but hopefully I can stick with it, I have had achilles problems in the past but hopefully with this slow and steady build it won't happen again. It is just so long since I have ran that it felt strange at first and I will need to work on my form but enjoyed the crisp morning. Congrats to those who have graduated. Wish me luck.

steve
tiring_day is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #798
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I start week 4 tonight. I am so nervous. Am I ready for this? I'm not sure. However eveyone on the C25K board says "trust the system" so that is what I am going to do.
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #799
palmettocharm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
I start week 4 tonight. I am so nervous. Am I ready for this? I'm not sure. However eveyone on the C25K board says "trust the system" so that is what I am going to do.
Trust YOURSELF, too! That 4th week is daunting (or it was for me, anyway) because it's longer than you've ever run. But I think you'll surprise yourself. You've made it this far - you ARE ready and you CAN do it!!!!

palmettocharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #800
PiperPizzaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiring_day View Post
I have just started C25K this morning, I had never even heard about it until a friend mentioned it on Facebook. I was out running at 5:30 this morning which sounds early but actually is late as I am on nightshift and what else are you going to do that early in the morning. This was just W1D1 but hopefully I can stick with it, I have had achilles problems in the past but hopefully with this slow and steady build it won't happen again. It is just so long since I have ran that it felt strange at first and I will need to work on my form but enjoyed the crisp morning. Congrats to those who have graduated. Wish me luck.

steve
You can do it! Just believe in yourself and trust the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
I was soooo nervous about starting week 4 also. I had to do a lot of mental cheering for myself as I was running. I kind of was treating the last 5 min run like a victory lap. That kind of helped it go by faster. It's a good thing we don't have little thought bubbles over our heads, huh?!

I am sidetracked again with some health issues. We also went to an amusement park Sat. so I am bit beat from that. I will get back out tomorrow morning to get my w4d2 in and then Thurs. to finish up week 4. Then I get to be all nervous about week 5 which I am scared to even look at.
Our Family Trips: 05/99-CBR, 06/01 off site, '03 off site, 08/06-CBR, 09/07-POP, 04/08 Disneyland off site, 03/09-POR, 11/09-ASM&BC, 06/10 POP, 11/10 Swan & offsite townhouse, 05-06/11 townhouse, 07/11 Disneyland Paris, 06/12 BC, 10/12 POP
Check out my Disney room!
PiperPizzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #801
austin&pipermom
Mouseketeer

Location: Anywhere the Navy puts us (right now San Diego, CA))

I have a question for all the runners/joggers. I am on week 5 of C25k. I have put on 1 or 1.5 lbs each week. I watch what I eat, which is between 1200-1500 cal. a day. I need to lose 25- 30 lbs to be at a healthy weight. The question is what else can I do? It is very discourging when I am putting on weight instead of losing. Sorry for the rant. thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #802
PhillyPhil
Earning My Ears

Week 7, Day 1

Hey Everyone!

This thread is one of the main reasons that I signed up for these message boards...well this and my love for Disney and all of the parks. I signed up for the WDW 1/2 Marathon for 2011 and figured I'd use the C25K as a starting point. I used to run quite a bit about 6 or 7 years ago, but haven't at all in the last few years.

Anyway, I just finished my Week 7, Day 1 run and I think it was the easiest one I have done so far. It was one of those runs where my iPod somehow knew exactly what songs to play and when, and it just felt like the time and distance flew by!

Good luck to everyone who's doing this program now...I couldn't imagine running close to three miles about six weeks ago but now I can't wait for my next run!

PhillyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #803
PiperPizzaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin&pipermom View Post
I have a question for all the runners/joggers. I am on week 5 of C25k. I have put on 1 or 1.5 lbs each week. I watch what I eat, which is between 1200-1500 cal. a day. I need to lose 25- 30 lbs to be at a healthy weight. The question is what else can I do? It is very discourging when I am putting on weight instead of losing. Sorry for the rant. thanks
This must be so frustrating! You don't take sleeping pills do you? I was just asking because a friend of mine was eating super healthy (raw vegan etc.) and was gaining a lot and finally figured out she was sleep eating. Like cheetos and stuff poor girl.

Maybe your scale is broke?

The only other thing I can think of is eat a bit more and change what you are eating. We get into habits of eating the same things over and over and sometimes if you completely change it you can shake things up a bit.
Our Family Trips: 05/99-CBR, 06/01 off site, '03 off site, 08/06-CBR, 09/07-POP, 04/08 Disneyland off site, 03/09-POR, 11/09-ASM&BC, 06/10 POP, 11/10 Swan & offsite townhouse, 05-06/11 townhouse, 07/11 Disneyland Paris, 06/12 BC, 10/12 POP
Check out my Disney room!
PiperPizzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #804
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It could be that you're losing fat, but gaining muscle, which weighs more. Have you noticed a change in your body shape or in the way your clothes fit? That's a much better sign of how you're doing.

If that's not it, I'd take a look at what you're eating. Calories are important to an extent, but the kinds of foods you're getting calories from can make a difference too. Are you eating whole foods or a lot of diet foods?

The last thing I would say is that sometimes it just takes time for our bodies to adjust to the changes. It's not unusual to not lose anything (or gain) in the first month or so and then start to see the pounds come off.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #805
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The same thing happened to me. I gained about 7-8 lbs. during the first 4 weeks of the program. It was very frustrating because I was really getting a good workout on the treadmill. What kept me going was the difference in the way I felt, which was all positive. Better posture, better balance, and of course better self-esteem.

Around week 4 or 5 I thought I may have been building muscle rather than losing weight, so I decreased the speed on the treadmill from 5.0 to 4.6. May have been coincidence, but since I made that adjustment, I've lost 13 lbs.

Keep it up. The weight loss will come.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:48 AM   #806
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

I ran outside for the first time last night-started back right at the beginning W1D1 because I'd been missing so many days - and I liked it wayyy better than the gym!
Not saying I didn't feel like I was gonna die-I was absolutely punctured/exhausted/knackered/wacked by the end but I was really chuffed that I did it and feel so ready to really stick with the program this time around
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #807
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I ran outside for the first time last night-started back right at the beginning W1D1 because I'd been missing so many days - and I liked it wayyy better than the gym!
Not saying I didn't feel like I was gonna die-I was absolutely punctured/exhausted/knackered/wacked by the end but I was really chuffed that I did it and feel so ready to really stick with the program this time around
Woohoo! Good for you!!

Old 04-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #808
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Woohoo! Good for you!!
Thanks Carissa.
Have to say I ran in the same direction as the traffic so that I didn't have to see anyone's face (or they mine) as I ran!! It would not have been pretty to see me huffing and puffing and my face was puce coloured by the end so I didn't want drivers mistaking me for a stop sign
Old 04-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #809
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to stop in and say, "I'm a C25K graduate!"

Just finished W9D3. I can't believe I am running for 30 minutes straight. I have lost 18 pounds since I started January 21st. This program has really changed my life and I encourage all of you to stick with it. It has been the most empowering experience!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #810
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I just wanted to stop in and say, "I'm a C25K graduate!"

Just finished W9D3. I can't believe I am running for 30 minutes straight. I have lost 18 pounds since I started January 21st. This program has really changed my life and I encourage all of you to stick with it. It has been the most empowering experience!
WELL DONE CARISSA
I hope I will saying the same in 9weeks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: