facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #226
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Can I join in?

I"m starting the Couch to 5k today, this evening will be my first time using my actually treadmill since i bought it over a year ago. I'm also going to start a 'healthy diet' tomorrow.... it will def. be an interesting 4 day week.

I"m really excited and nervous about getting started.... last night I signed up for my first run, a 5k here in town (I have no idea what I was thinking) and Dbf was shocked!

That's where I am at now..
Welcome to the gang! Great idea to sign up for a race, it will keep you motivated!

I signed up for the ESPN 5k on Feb 27th, and the Princess 5k on March 6th-both of those will be more walking than running-but I also have the Mickey Halloween 5k on my calendar. By October I expect to be running the entire race and can't wait to see the improvement!
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #227
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan09 View Post
I finally made it through a week 4 workout!!! This was week 4 day 3, but it was the first time that I completed the second 5 minute run without taking a break!

I'm staying on week 4 for another 3 days, I have to be able to do that distance without stopping before I can move on.
I'm with you. Just finished W4D1 and it was tough for me, but I made it. Curious to see if D2 and D3 get less difficult.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #228
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Can I join in?

I"m starting the Couch to 5k today, this evening will be my first time using my actually treadmill since i bought it over a year ago. I'm also going to start a 'healthy diet' tomorrow.... it will def. be an interesting 4 day week.

I"m really excited and nervous about getting started.... last night I signed up for my first run, a 5k here in town (I have no idea what I was thinking) and Dbf was shocked!

That's where I am at now..
Welcome!! I'm in no way a runner (at least since high school basketball practices ) and this app has kept me motivated. The iPod helps too. Tough running on a treadmill looking out at the same 2ft. of snow.

Good Luck.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #229
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Finished W2D1 today. Definitely a love/hate relationship. Excited to do it, hate it until I'm almost done, then feel such an accomplishment for doing it...
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #230
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmarc View Post
I'm with you. Just finished W4D1 and it was tough for me, but I made it. Curious to see if D2 and D3 get less difficult.

My day 2 was hard again. I think I am gonna end up on this week for more than a week. Good luck to you.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #231
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Hey Raecheal! Glad you found us.

Good for you for signing up for a race! I think it's a huge motivator. Good luck tonight and let us know how it goes.
Thank you for making me aware of this thread!! I'll def. keep everyone update...

Quote:
Welcome to the gang! Great idea to sign up for a race, it will keep you motivated!

I signed up for the ESPN 5k on Feb 27th, and the Princess 5k on March 6th-both of those will be more walking than running-but I also have the Mickey Halloween 5k on my calendar. By October I expect to be running the entire race and can't wait to see the improvement!

Thank you so much for welcoming me. Wow, that's a lot! Good for you, I really wish you well... hopefully one day i'll get there.

The 5k i registered for is in May... I'm aiming to walk/run hopefully more running than walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmarc View Post
Welcome!! I'm in no way a runner (at least since high school basketball practices ) and this app has kept me motivated. The iPod helps too. Tough running on a treadmill looking out at the same 2ft. of snow.

Good Luck.
I looked into the Ipod, gonna get Dbf to download the voice that tells you when to run/walk.

I cannot wait until spring and start the training program outside instead of the treadmill.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #232
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Just attempted W4D1. I was able to do the first two run intervals (3 minutes and 5 minutes), but had to cut the last two short. I did 2 minutes of out 3 and 3 minutes out of 5. I'm pretty happy with that. My goal is to be able to make it through all of them completely by day 3.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #233
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Quote:
Just attempted W4D1. I was able to do the first two run intervals (3 minutes and 5 minutes), but had to cut the last two short. I did 2 minutes of out 3 and 3 minutes out of 5. I'm pretty happy with that. My goal is to be able to make it through all of them completely by day 3.
That's pretty much what happened to me on Day 1 and 2. I was ok until the last 5 minute run-but couldn't make it through that. I did finally push through it on Day 3, but I'm doing another 3 days to make sure that I'm ready to move on.
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #234
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's pretty much what happened to me on Day 1 and 2. I was ok until the last 5 minute run-but couldn't make it through that. I did finally push through it on Day 3, but I'm doing another 3 days to make sure that I'm ready to move on.
My legs just felt so tired and heavy after that first 5 minute run! My breathing has gotten better at least.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #235
IWISHFORDISNEY

Quote:
My legs just felt so tired and heavy after that first 5 minute run! My breathing has gotten better at least.
How are you getting your breathing under control. I am having alot of trouble with that. My legs are OK but he breathing is horrible.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #236
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
How are you getting your breathing under control. I am having alot of trouble with that. My legs are OK but he breathing is horrible.
I haven't done anything. It's just gotten better as my body adjusts. But, I also go quite slow. I usually only do my "runs" at 4.0 mph. I can do higher speeds, but it zaps my energy quickly and makes it harder to recoup. It's frustrating to know that I'm going so slowly, but I know that running at faster speeds will come later once I have my endurance built up.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #237
IWISHFORDISNEY

Quote:
I haven't done anything. It's just gotten better as my body adjusts. But, I also go quite slow. I usually only do my "runs" at 4.0 mph. I can do higher speeds, but it zaps my energy quickly and makes it harder to recoup. It's frustrating to know that I'm going so slowly, but I know that running at faster speeds will come later once I have my endurance built up.

Hmmm I cant tell how fast my run/jog segment is because I am outside not on a treadmill. I am doing 2.2 miles in 30 min so it is hard to tell. Maybe I should try and slow it down more.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #238
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm I cant tell how fast my run/jog segment is because I am outside not on a treadmill. I am doing 2.2 miles in 30 min so it is hard to tell. Maybe I should try and slow it down more.
I would definitely suggest slowing down. Today I only did 1.85 miles (in 30 minutes) going at 4.0 for my jogs and 3.3 for my walks. Warm up and cool down were at 3.5. You'll be surprised how much easier it is on your lungs if you slow down a bit. Just think about taking smaller steps.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #239
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm in week 4 and have been jogging at 5.0 and walking at 3.1 since the start. Week 4 put me over 2 miles for the first time. Legs burn but breathing is OK. Nothing like the feeling of getting a workout done.But it's not easy.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #240
palmettocharm
Mouseketeer

Started W3D1 yesterday. I have been very sick the past couple of days so I didn't know how I'd do, but I made it without any problems at all.

Going slower really helps me. But, I still did 2 miles in 30 minutes, so I think that was pretty good!

palmettocharm is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: