Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #211
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

I just finished Week 5!!! I start my weeks on Sunday and I use the iphone app to listen to an audiobook while I'm running. I have made a playlist with music, too, but so far I've been more interested in listening to my book. On Sunday, I started my run and I had forgotten to look at the "schedule" of intervals and thought I remembered that there were several five minute runs, but couldn't remember for certain. It didn't take me long to figure out, though, that I had accidentally backed myself up a day and I actually did W4D3 instead of W5D1. I was pretty disappointed since I had been equal parts anticipating and dreading week 5. But, I did W5D1 on Tuesday night and W5D2 on Thursday night.

My dilemna with W5D3 was that it was going to be the biggest jump in the whole program, I was a little nervous about being able to do it, and I was going to be leaving on vacation on Friday afternoon! If I hadn't messed up on Sunday, I would have done the 20 minute run on Thursday night, but it wasn't to be. So I decided that since I had time Friday morning, I would just do it then. Mainly because I'm now at my parent's house and they have nothing but big rolling hills all around and didn't want to try to do 20 minutes uphill!!! I ran out on a multi-use trail that followed a local creek, so the setting was really beautiful. I started out with the thought that I would do what I could, go as slowly as I needed, and if I needed to take a break, I would and do it over the next week. But guess what?!?! It was easy peasy! At around 5 minutes in, I was thinking, "Wow. No breaks coming up." But then I just got into the rhythm and just kept going! I could have done even longer than 20 minutes but didn't want to push myself. Today, I ran the hilly area around my parent's house with a re-do of W5D1.

Oh, and by the way - I am so not a runner! I'm not athletic, I've got lots and lots of weight I need to lose, so you can all do this!!! I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. I've gotten to where I actually look forward to my next run and how good it makes me feel. I just love this program.
Completed: DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970
3TinksAndAnEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #212
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TinksAndAnEeyore View Post
I just finished Week 5!!!

Oh, and by the way - I am so not a runner! I'm not athletic, I've got lots and lots of weight I need to lose, so you can all do this!!! I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. I've gotten to where I actually look forward to my next run and how good it makes me feel. I just love this program.
That's wonderful!! You've given me hope for week 4, which I'll start on Tuesday.

Good for you!!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #213
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

I've gained 5 lbs.!

Starting to get frustrated and I thought I'd vent. Never knew this thread existed.

Anyhow, just finished W3D3 and I've GAINED 5 lbs. since I started! Same diet as before I started, definitely stronger legs, but is this normal?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:41 AM   #214
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TinksAndAnEeyore View Post

This makes me feel so much better because I barely made it through W4D1. I hope my progress continues like yours. Congrats on that accomplishment!!

Old 02-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #215
IWISHFORDISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmarc View Post
Starting to get frustrated and I thought I'd vent. Never knew this thread existed.

Anyhow, just finished W3D3 and I've GAINED 5 lbs. since I started! Same diet as before I started, definitely stronger legs, but is this normal?
I think it is possible because your body will retain fluid to repair the muscles. Usually after 3 weeks you will see the weight go down in my experience.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #216
SetzKitten
I was Harley Chick in another life
Just because you're going to be 40 doesn't mean you can't be a chick anymore!
Somewhere on a desert highway, she rides a Harley Davidson...

Quote:
This is so inspiring! This is my first post on this thread, although I've been reading it for some time now. I finished W1D3 yesterday. I'm so excited to keep going. I am unfit, overweight and starting to feel my age. You all have given me hope with your success stories that I can succeed as well.
SetzKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #217
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetzKitten View Post
This is so inspiring! This is my first post on this thread, although I've been reading it for some time now. I finished W1D3 yesterday. I'm so excited to keep going. I am unfit, overweight and starting to feel my age. You all have given me hope with your success stories that I can succeed as well.
Glad you decided to post!

I didn't do my normal run yesterday because I knew I'd be doing the virtual 5K today. I just finished and my time was 48:32. Very slow, but I did it! I even did run/walk intervals (about 1 minute each) throughout. I had to throw in a few extra walks, but I'm really happy with how I did. It's given me confidence that I can move on to week 4.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #218
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
I think it is possible because your body will retain fluid to repair the muscles. Usually after 3 weeks you will see the weight go down in my experience.
I hope so. Starting week 4 on Monday. Wife says I'm noticeably thinner, but I want to start seeing it on the scale. Started at 238 (down from 270 a couple of years ago). Would love to get to 220.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #219
ZOOMAMA
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! Ran 2 miles yesterday with DH, he's so sweet cuz he could have ran 4 miles in the same amount of time! Today did the Valentine's Virtual 5K- 38:09! Not a landspeed record but felt pretty good nonetheless! Next Sunday is the Komen 5K and I'm feeling pretty good about it!

To everyone!

Tess
ZOOMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #220
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Glad you decided to post!

I didn't do my normal run yesterday because I knew I'd be doing the virtual 5K today. I just finished and my time was 48:32. Very slow, but I did it! I even did run/walk intervals (about 1 minute each) throughout. I had to throw in a few extra walks, but I'm really happy with how I did. It's given me confidence that I can move on to week 4.
Quote:
That's wonderful!! You've given me hope for week 4, which I'll start on Tuesday.

Good for you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
This makes me feel so much better because I barely made it through W4D1. I hope my progress continues like yours. Congrats on that accomplishment!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetzKitten View Post
Thanks everyone! That's why I posted what I did. It's easy for me to assume that someone who says it can be done is already athletically-inclined rather than athletically-challenged like me!
Completed: DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970
Old 02-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #221
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOMAMA View Post
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! Ran 2 miles yesterday with DH, he's so sweet cuz he could have ran 4 miles in the same amount of time! Today did the Valentine's Virtual 5K- 38:09! Not a landspeed record but felt pretty good nonetheless! Next Sunday is the Komen 5K and I'm feeling pretty good about it!
Congratulations to both of you!

Zoomama - Isn't it awesome when DH is so supportive of our goals? I couldn't be doing the C25K without the support of my own wonderful DH!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #222
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

I finally made it through a week 4 workout!!! This was week 4 day 3, but it was the first time that I completed the second 5 minute run without taking a break!

I'm staying on week 4 for another 3 days, I have to be able to do that distance without stopping before I can move on.
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #223
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Can I join in?

I"m starting the Couch to 5k today, this evening will be my first time using my actually treadmill since i bought it over a year ago. I'm also going to start a 'healthy diet' tomorrow.... it will def. be an interesting 4 day week.

I"m really excited and nervous about getting started.... last night I signed up for my first run, a 5k here in town (I have no idea what I was thinking) and Dbf was shocked!

That's where I am at now..
Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #224
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Hey Raecheal! Glad you found us.

Good for you for signing up for a race! I think it's a huge motivator. Good luck tonight and let us know how it goes.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #225
IWISHFORDISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan09 View Post
I finally made it through a week 4 workout!!! This was week 4 day 3, but it was the first time that I completed the second 5 minute run without taking a break!

I'm staying on week 4 for another 3 days, I have to be able to do that distance without stopping before I can move on.
This is probably gonna be me too. I can make it through the run phases but I cant reduce the recovery periods to what they should be. I am doing a 2 min and 3 min recovery instead. I forsee week four to be hanging around a few days longer than it should.

W4D2 done but again it was hard for me. The first five min was a struggle the last 5 min phase I went in that zen place towords the end. I could have went on but I am hitting the parks today and didnt want to over do it. However my recovery time is still pretty crappy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: