Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #196
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

OK that was totally weird for me. W3D2 completed! I left 40 min ago with my brain totally not into todays run. BUT my body went into some sort of Zen mode. Very strange. I actually was not focused on the time frame and focused on my breathing. It was like I was sort of floating. I cant describe it. Maybe it was the lack of oxygen to my brain. Anyhow I added an extra 3 min segment at the end and it felt great. I still cant get over it. I am very overweight so this is really inspiring for me. I just had to share my awesome experience this morning.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #197
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
OK that was totally weird for me. W3D2 completed! I left 40 min ago with my brain totally not into todays run. BUT my body went into some sort of Zen mode. Very strange. I actually was not focused on the time frame and focused on my breathing. It was like I was sort of floating. I cant describe it. Maybe it was the lack of oxygen to my brain. Anyhow I added an extra 3 min segment at the end and it felt great. I still cant get over it. I am very overweight so this is really inspiring for me. I just had to share my awesome experience this morning.
Excellent!!! That's great news. You're really starting to build endurance!
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #198
ZOOMAMA
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
That is AWESOME!!!! I wait for that to happen everytime I run. So far I think it has happened twice!

I am finally getting over my sinus infection, I can almost breathe through my nose again! Unfortunately it's all peeling, leper-like from all the sniffling, sneezing, and blowing of the past week. This morning I hit the TM at the gym, did 10 minutes then realized there is a 5K program on there so then I did the 5K. My time was terrible but I did walk some so that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Stayed on the TM for an hour total, now I'm working up the energy to shower...or nap.

Tess
ZOOMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #199
IWISHFORDISNEY

W3D3 completed. Whew that was tough. I picked my last day up a day early because it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Nothing like my Zen mode yesterday. It kicked my butt today. It is also 37 degrees here in FL and I dont do well with running in the cold. At least it is done and overwith. Now I am really scared to start W4. Yikes here I come.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #200
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I completed W3D3 today. It went much better than the first two attempts! I slowed my speed back down to my normal pace today and it seemed much easier after going faster on Tuesday. I was able to complete all of my intervals for the first time and I even added an extra 90 second run at the end.

Liz - I think we all have days like that. One day we may struggle through the workout and the next time it seems easy and vice versa. And I'm sure the weather really makes a difference. That's one of the only advantages of running on the treadmill - same weather all the time.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #201
feezle
Mouseketeer

I started this program a couple months ago. Got to week 6. Then this weather totally killed me. I have my treadmill in an unheated garage. Just couldnt do the 0 degree temps anymore. I figure i will go back to about week 3 once it warms up again.

Jul '96-Off Prop| Aug '04-Off Prop| Sept '06-SSR | May '08-POP| Sept '10-POR| Nov '11-POP | Aug '12-POP/Off Prop| OCT '14-Off Prop
feezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #202
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

I wanna join the party!!!! I lurked on this board last week, looked up the program, Tues I bought the Itunes app, and off I went. I did W1D2 today, and I totally hated the first 10 minutes. I know myself, and I know I will never get to the gym. With 2 girls, working on my Master's Degree, working full time, and taking the oldest to her competitive gymnastics 3 days a week, 45 minutes away, it's just not happening! I have to run outside. Trying to find a place that is not so hilly. All the roads around my house are killer!

Some background, I am another one of those wii fit obese ones. UGH! Lost of a lot weight, 65 pounds, 4 years ago. Found out I was pregnant with our second child, (never thought it would happen, had to have fertility drugs to get first, total roller coaster, horrible experience), anyway, slowly crept the weight up during the pregnancy and never got it off. Didn't gain back all 65 pounds, but close to 40. I've gotten rid of 5 over the last year, but I want it off. NOW!!!!!! My goal is to lose 35, then see how I feel/look from there!

Couple of questions.
1) Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my breathing under control? I am huffing and puffing soooo badly.
2) Any great running songs? Using the c25k app, I can put my own songs in. Running to some of the rap stuff, works well. Think college football warm up songs!
3) What do you do on your off days? I did 40 minutes on wii fit yesterday, which was fine. I would like a more ab/core intensive program, and a good yoga video. Did the big ball stuff when I lost weight before, I liked it, but my girls popped the ball, and it's not destined for my house for a while. Has to be inexpensive, not take up room.

Think that's all for now. THanks for reading my book if you made it through!
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #203
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post
Couple of questions.
1) Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my breathing under control? I am huffing and puffing soooo badly.
2) Any great running songs? Using the c25k app, I can put my own songs in. Running to some of the rap stuff, works well. Think college football warm up songs!
3) What do you do on your off days? I did 40 minutes on wii fit yesterday, which was fine. I would like a more ab/core intensive program, and a good yoga video. Did the big ball stuff when I lost weight before, I liked it, but my girls popped the ball, and it's not destined for my house for a while. Has to be inexpensive, not take up room.

Think that's all for now. THanks for reading my book if you made it through!
Hello and

1) If you're really having a hard time catching your breath, both during runs and your brisk walks, you're probably going too fast. Can you try taking smaller steps and slowing your pace? I also suggest the book Running for Mortals by John Bingham and Jenny Hadfield. The programs in their book are walk/run intervals, but they offer a more gradual induction into running. The book is great for understanding your body and running.

2) Here is a link to a thread on the events board:

Running Music

The topic was recently music while running so start at the end and work your way back for some great ideas.

3) On my off days I do wii fit plus, wii sports boxing (that really gives a good workout, IMO), and I'm waiting for my wii EA Active Sports to arrive. I tried the Biggest Loser for the wii and it does give a great workout - I just didn't enjoy it. It definitely made me sore.

I've had days where I hated the entire run (and not that long ago). It will get better as your body adjusts. You've started and that's awesome!

Old 02-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #204
palmettocharm
Mouseketeer

Finished W2D2 yesterday, and hopefully will finish D3 tomorrow. I am also going to get new shoes. I think a lot of my problem is the shoes I have are not the best for running. I think I could do so much more with better shoes.

Couple of questions.
1) Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my breathing under control? I am huffing and puffing soooo badly. I really struggle when I am running outside with my breathing, but slowing down helps a lot, as well as taking the smaller steps. 2) Any great running songs? Using the c25k app, I can put my own songs in. Running to some of the rap stuff, works well. Think college football warm up songs! I am using the Podcast, so I am just listening to Mr. Ullrey and his music right now! 3) What do you do on your off days? I did 40 minutes on wii fit yesterday, which was fine. I would like a more ab/core intensive program, and a good yoga video. Did the big ball stuff when I lost weight before, I liked it, but my girls popped the ball, and it's not destined for my house for a while. Has to be inexpensive, not take up room. I do the Biggest Loser for the Wii. I really like it, but it can be challenging. I like it because it really mixes up the work-outs from day to day.

palmettocharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #205
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

UGH...allergies and asthma are SO bad today. I was supposed to do Week 4 Day 2 today, but nothing doing. I hope that the rain today will wash away the pollen and I can get going tomorrow.

I agree with the others-if you're panting and breathing too hard, you're going too fast. The idea of this program is to build the endurance to run 30 minutes straight. Once you get there, you can spend the rest of your life working on getting faster.
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #206
IWISHFORDISNEY

I agree with the others that you need to slow down and take smaller steps. I still "pant" at the end of my 3 minutes. I was doing it on the one minute intervals but it takes time to build up your endurance. I am coming up on week 4 and the 5 min thing scares me to be honest but I will do my best and forget the rest. My new motto. I may be stuck there for a while. Dont rush it and modify the program to fit you. I had to extend my recovery time and do week 1 twice. Then I added an extra day to week 2. So just do what feels right. Running outside is all I know. We didnt bring our treadmill when we moved so it has been challanging with the weather fluctuating so much even here in FL. I finally broke the 15 min mile mark this week so that might give an indication as to how fast I am going. Maybe a 4.0 on the treadmill if I remember correctly. I dont run to music right now but I like the new Kris Allen CD some good upbeat stuff on there. Hang in there and good luck.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #207
IWISHFORDISNEY

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

W4D1 DONE!!!!!!

I think I was so angry that I doubted myself that I found some inner pycho person that talked myself through it. Liz you can do this. I am gonna drop dead right here. No your not breathe it is OK. Only 1 min left thank god. Stop looking at the clock you are fine. only 30 seconds left this is nutso I might make it. See you are fine. 5 seconds left OMG I did it!!! that was the convo in my head the last of my 5 min cycle. You dont want to know the rest this is a family board.

Anywho just had to share this fatty made it through W4D1!!

Old 02-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #208
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

WTG Liz!!

Old 02-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #209
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

good job girl!!!!

I did slow down today, week 1 in the books. It was easier, but I felt like I was "jogging" instead of running???
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #210
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post
I did slow down today, week 1 in the books. It was easier, but I felt like I was "jogging" instead of running???
That's what you should be doing at this point. The term "running" is kind of used by everyone now even when referring to a slower "jog."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: