Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #181
ZOOMAMA
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford

Looks like everyone is doing great!!! And we're gaining runners as we go along which is wonderful!! I have had a nasty head cold for about 5 days now and hadn't ran since last Thursday. I walked a bit yesterday and felt better afterwards so I dragged my snotty self to the gym this morning to run on the TM (too windy outside.). Not too bad but I ended up doing intervals cuz I had to stop every 5 minutes to blow my nose and wipe off my face! Only 2 weeks until my first 5K so I really want to push through this cold. I can't eat/drink/talk and breathe at the same time so I'm walking around panting- it's very attractive I'm sure! On another note, we have just found out that Uncle Sam's Army will be sending us to Maryland over the summer! We've never been before and we are looking forward to it. This will our second PCS move in a year, our cats still haven't recovered from the trip form Washington state to Texas last August. The good news is they should have about 3 years there to recover!

Tess
ZOOMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #182
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
W3D1 DONE!!!! I cant believe I made it. It whipped my butt; but I did it. I am so proud of myself. I did add an extra 2 min run interval at the end to make it a full 10 min of running for the day. The lower intervals is very nice I must say!!
Those lower intervals were a happy bonus. I was surprised at how good I felt today after day 3, it made me feel like I really am building endurance and my "running" ability. Hang in there, it will get easier.
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #183
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOMAMA View Post
Looks like everyone is doing great!!! And we're gaining runners as we go along which is wonderful!! I have had a nasty head cold for about 5 days now and hadn't ran since last Thursday. I walked a bit yesterday and felt better afterwards so I dragged my snotty self to the gym this morning to run on the TM (too windy outside.). Not too bad but I ended up doing intervals cuz I had to stop every 5 minutes to blow my nose and wipe off my face! Only 2 weeks until my first 5K so I really want to push through this cold. I can't eat/drink/talk and breathe at the same time so I'm walking around panting- it's very attractive I'm sure! On another note, we have just found out that Uncle Sam's Army will be sending us to Maryland over the summer! We've never been before and we are looking forward to it. This will our second PCS move in a year, our cats still haven't recovered from the trip form Washington state to Texas last August. The good news is they should have about 3 years there to recover!
Kudos to you for running with a cold.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Maryland. I have a feeling you'll be stationed at the base we lived at since it was an army base. We lived in the area for a total of 6 years (just moved away last June).

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #184
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

W3D1 COMPLETE!

Oh my god, I honestly can't believe I made it without passing out. I didn't sleep well last night and I really thought I wasn't going to be able to handle the 5 minute segments. BUT I DID IT!!!!

YAYY!!!

Ran 2.28 miles today!!! The first two intervals I really felt like a runner, like I wasn't worried about time, I was just running for the sake of running.

LOVE THIS One more day until the half way point!

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Fall 2012 - Vacation Planning CM
willonlyflytodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #185
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Monday, February, 8th

Question of the day: What is the one thing you feel has changed since you started running?

REMEMBER:
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.
Author Unknown

CURRENT STATS:

Week 1

Week 2
ChrisAlli
Forthemedal
palmettocharm

Week 3
insoin
DisneyBoundinDec
carrisanboys - keep track of food intake/calories at sparkpeople.com
IWISHFORDISNEY
lovetonap

Week 4
willonlyflytodisney - To exercise on off days
PeterPan09 - To put more exercise days in

Week 5
3TinksAndAnEeyore

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Week 9

Completed
ZOOMAMA

What is your goal this week?

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies

Last edited by willonlyflytodisney; 02-09-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #186
palmettocharm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan09 View Post
If you figure out how to work it with the podcast, please let me know...I couldn't figure it out.

It worked fine for me! I was really impressed with it, actually! From the Nike+ menu, I just picked a Basic Routine since it was my first time trying it, and then a menu came up with several options, including Podcasts, so I clicked it and started the podcast from there. The Nike+ system started as soon as I started the Podcast. Any time I wanted to check my progress during the work-out I just hit the center button on my iPod and a voice would tell me my time elapsed, distance, pace, and calories burned! It really made the work-out a lot easier (W2D1).

"What is the one thing you feel has changed since you started running?"
- My overall attitude. Before I would have said "I can never be a runner." Now I believe it is something not only attainable, but very close within my reach!

palmettocharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 AM   #187
lovetonap
Earning My Ears

Hi, everyone! Can I join in? I'm doing the C25K program too. Tomorrow I will do W3D1. I am loving it so far!

I love to watch TV while I run on the treadmill, so rather than using a podcast, I bought a Gymboss (available on Amazon.com) to time my intervals so that I don't need to watch the treadmill clock.
lovetonap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #188
PeterPan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettocharm View Post
It worked fine for me! I was really impressed with it, actually! From the Nike+ menu, I just picked a Basic Routine since it was my first time trying it, and then a menu came up with several options, including Podcasts, so I clicked it and started the podcast from there. The Nike+ system started as soon as I started the Podcast. Any time I wanted to check my progress during the work-out I just hit the center button on my iPod and a voice would tell me my time elapsed, distance, pace, and calories burned! It really made the work-out a lot easier (W2D1).

"What is the one thing you feel has changed since you started running?"
- My overall attitude. Before I would have said "I can never be a runner." Now I believe it is something not only attainable, but very close within my reach!

Excellent!! I will try that tomorrow as I start Week 4!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #189
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetonap View Post
Hi, everyone! Can I join in? I'm doing the C25K program too. Tomorrow I will do W3D1. I am loving it so far!

I love to watch TV while I run on the treadmill, so rather than using a podcast, I bought a Gymboss (available on Amazon.com) to time my intervals so that I don't need to watch the treadmill clock.
Glad to have you join us! That Gymboss sounds awesome. I wish I would have known about it before I started.

Today I did W3D2. I tried to increase my speed and the extra effort just zapped the energy from me. I wasn't able to do much of the final 3 minute run, but I did throw in an extra 90 second run towards the end.

If anyone is interested, there is a Virtual Valentine's Day 5K on the W.I.S.H. events board. Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2378543

Old 02-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #190
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post

If anyone is interested, there is a Virtual Valentine's Day 5K on the W.I.S.H. events board. Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2378543
Ah! That sounds amazing. I'm so close to the 5K, but I don't wanna push it just in case. I'll get there when I get there.

So... I did something big today and I guess I need some back story on all of this.

This past January 2010, I went to DisneyWorld with my DBF and my parents. I thought it was going to be a trip of a lifetime. After striking a HUGE deal renting points, we were staying at the AKV, my DREAM resort! I was going with the love of my life and my parents, who hadn't been there in 20 years. I was going to get to show them around and it was going to be magical.

But, the trip came and it was so cold it even snowed one morning. I had to deal with an entire week of complainers. Nobody wanted to do anything and everyone was in such a mood that they would just find things to complain about. Even on Soarin', they would say something like, "well, it will be better when they make it in 3D!".

I guess, I love Disney for what it is. I can ride most of the rides hundreds of times and still feel the magic. So, ever since I've returned, I've tried to avoid the subject of Disney. I didn't put up my pictures on Facebook to show friends and family and this huge 4' by 3' painting that I made of DisneyWorld, I've been covering with a sheet.

So, now that I've been getting a little healthier, (I lost another pound which is really exciting) I have more confidence in myself. It isn't much, but it has now been a month since our trip. So, today, I put the photos up on Facebook and took the sheet off the picture. The next step will be going to the store to buy a frame to hang it up on my wall. And the step after that will be to actually START writing the trip report that I started nearly a month ago.

I'm starting to get back into the Disney spirit. I know that I will never go again with my parents because their idea of a vacation is not really DisneyWorld. But, I just need to accept that and find other reasons to go back - like a half marathon!

So, thank you all for your support. It is really because of this thread that I am able to finish my workouts. My mind just goes, "I have to finish this because I don't want to let my fellow 5kers down on DISboards!"

So, thank you again.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #191
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willonlyflytodisney View Post
Ah! That sounds amazing. I'm so close to the 5K, but I don't wanna push it just in case. I'll get there when I get there.

So, thank you all for your support. It is really because of this thread that I am able to finish my workouts. My mind just goes, "I have to finish this because I don't want to let my fellow 5kers down on DISboards!"

So, thank you again.
I'm definitely not suggesting anyone here (well, except Tess ) should try to run a 5K at this point. I can barely do my two miles with intervals. But, I figure it's a good push for me to workout a bit longer than normal. I may very well end up walking that final mile.

Having support is so important.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #192
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Wednesday, February, 10th

Question of the day: What is your favorite climate to run in? Warm? Cold?

REMEMBER:
If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?
Joe Namath

CURRENT STATS:

Week 1

Week 2
ChrisAlli
Forthemedal
palmettocharm

Week 3
insoin
DisneyBoundinDec
carrisanboys - keep track of food intake/calories at sparkpeople.com
IWISHFORDISNEY
lovetonap

Week 4
willonlyflytodisney - To exercise on off days
PeterPan09 - To put more exercise days in

Week 5
3TinksAndAnEeyore

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Week 9

Completed
ZOOMAMA

What is your goal this week?

Old 02-10-2010, 06:51 AM   #193
PeterPan09

Week 4 day 1 was a bit of a shock! Going from running a total of 9 minutes to a total of 16 minutes is quite a leap!!!

I did fine for the first intervals, but couldn't get through that last 5 minute one. I think I did about 3.5 minutes of that.

I have a feeling I'll be doing Week 4 for more than one week!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #194
lovetonap
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Week 4 day 1 was a bit of a shock! Going from running a total of 9 minutes to a total of 16 minutes is quite a leap!!!

I did fine for the first intervals, but couldn't get through that last 5 minute one. I think I did about 3.5 minutes of that.

Yikes! You have me scared of next week! I just completed W3D1 today.
lovetonap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #195
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Quote:

I thought about that leap too. That is next week for me. I had a struggle with W3D1 and now I am off to do W3D2 and I am really scared. I dont feel well but I want to get it done. Uuuuggghh. But I guess I can always modify if needed. Hang in there!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: