Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #166
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

I just finished W2D3 and it was again a little rough. So I am gonna add another day to this week and start W3 on Tuesday. Only 2 intervals were bad the other 4 were great and I added an extra run segment today. So there is some improvement for me this week.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #167
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Got through Week 3 Day 2 today..it went ok. No real pain just some soreness which I would expect.

The park I want to run in? No doubt-MK and I just signed up for the Mickey Halloween 5K in October that will allow me to do just that.

My inspiration? I want to feel like an athlete again. I was a swimmer when I was younger and played basketball. I grew up feeling athletic and I loved how that felt. I really want to get that feeling back.
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #168
MaryJ
Believes in Tag Gremlins, not Tag Fairies
Has unstinky Crocs

I have finished W2D3, but will not get to move on until next week. I'm visiting my DD and helping at her shop in Denver this week. Having completed the WDW Half Marathon, the park I would want to run in is Epcot, specifically the World Showcase.

My goal is to stay fit and increase my running time, as I currently walk more than I run. I plan to do some local 5 and 7K's, but DH and I are planning to do the Wine & Dine Half with friends in October. Our teams will be men vs. the ladies. I think I'm coming out on the better end in that one as the other woman is an elite runner!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #169
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Okay, after being on the WISH boards for over a year and wondering if I could be a runner, even though I was never, ever a runner in my life, DH and DS agreed to start the C25K with me next week and we are running/walking a local 5 mile race/walk at the end of April. Talk about getting out of my comfort zone!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #170
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Okay, after being on the WISH boards for over a year and wondering if I could be a runner, even though I was never, ever a runner in my life, DH and DS agreed to start the C25K with me next week and we are running/walking a local 5 mile race/walk at the end of April. Talk about getting out of my comfort zone!
I think running is out of most of our comfort zones! And that's what makes it so cool when we accomplish our workouts.

I just did W3D1 and it was easier than I thought it would be. I like only having 4 intervals. Makes it go by very fast. The three minutes seem so long though! My legs were hurting by the last one, but I did it.

And because the podcast for week 3 is less than 30 minutes, I just continued to walk until my treadmill showed 30 minutes.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #171
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Monday, February, 8th

Question of the day: What is the one food that is your guilty pleasure/what healthy substitute do you think you could try to use to replace it?

REMEMBER:
Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself.
W. C. Doane

I have automatically moved everyone from the week they were on last week to the next week. If you are repeating a week, just let me know and I'll move you again.

CURRENT STATS:

Week 1

Week 2
ChrisAlli
Forthemedal
palmettocharm

Week 3
insoin
DisneyBoundinDec
carrisanboys - keep track of food intake/calories at sparkpeople.com
IWISHFORDISNEY

Week 4
willonlyflytodisney - To exercise on off days
PeterPan09 - To put more exercise days in

Week 5
3TinksAndAnEeyore

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Week 9

Completed
ZOOMAMA

I also think we should set goals for ourselves each week. So, I'm adding that to this week. As soon as everyone responds, I will put your goal next to your name on the Stats so that every time you come back to this forum, you are reminded of what you are trying to achieve this week. Sound like a good idea? If not, let me know and I won't put it up.

I'm very scared for Week 4, but I know I can make it. I've made it this far, after all and I never thought I'd make it here. And, after Day 2, I will be half way there, which is a very exciting thing for me. I really haven't been sticking to the work out schedule I wanted for myself in terms of off days exercise. So, that is my goal this week: to exercise on my off days.

QOTD, my guilty pleasure is chocolate. But, it is really the BITING of chocolate that I like. Melted chocolate or chocolate ice cream aren't as filling as cookies or brownies. So, I'm going to try and replace that with carrots and gum, as you can chew them a lot.

What is your goal this week?

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Fall 2012 - Vacation Planning CM

Last edited by willonlyflytodisney; 02-08-2010 at 11:36 AM.
willonlyflytodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #172
PeterPan09

Week three is DONE!!!

The last day actually felt really good, so I'm ready to start week 4 on Wednesday.

At the risk of sounding like a copycat my goal for this week is also to put more exercise days in. I got 3 days in last week, so this week I'm shooting for 4.

Guilty pleasure food is definately ICE CREAM. I've replaced that with frozen yogurt and it's working pretty well so far.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #173
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

My food problem is baked goods. I love to cook and bake and have three little ones at home who are always asking me to do so. I tend to make healthier versions of things, but I've found I just can't have that stuff in the house. I eat way too much.

I did find a great recipe for Bran Flax Muffins the other day and made those and kept myself from eating too many. They are super healthy.

My goal this week is to keep track of my food intake/calories at sparkpeople.com. This is something I normally hate doing and I don't know how long I'll do it for, but I think it's important for me to really see how much I'm eating.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #174
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
I was just going to lurk, and see what this is all about, and then I had to post and congratulate you lisa!! This is awesome, and an inspiration to me. That's so great you're doing with the whole family.

It's great to read how everyone is doing, and to hear people say "if I can do it, anybody can do it", and to know that any regular joe can get themselves up and moving, and then run a race.

I hope to be back an join you all later. Keep up the great work!!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #175
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
I was just going to lurk, and see what this is all about, and then I had to post and congratulate you lisa!! This is awesome, and an inspiration to me. That's so great you're doing with the whole family.

It's great to read how everyone is doing, and to hear people say "if I can do it, anybody can do it", and to know that any regular joe can get themselves up and moving, and then run a race.

I hope to be back an join you all later. Keep up the great work!!!
We hope to have you join us soon!

Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #176
palmettocharm
Mouseketeer

I am going to repeat Week Two this week. I was sick some of last week and wasn't able to get in all of the work-outs.

I bought the Nike+ system over the weekend and I am going to try it today. Supposedly it will work with the Podcast, so I can't wait to see how it goes.

palmettocharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #177
PeterPan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettocharm View Post
I am going to repeat Week Two this week. I was sick some of last week and wasn't able to get in all of the work-outs.

I bought the Nike+ system over the weekend and I am going to try it today. Supposedly it will work with the Podcast, so I can't wait to see how it goes.
If you figure out how to work it with the podcast, please let me know...I couldn't figure it out.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #178
palmettocharm
Mouseketeer

I will definitely let you know. I hope I can get it to work; it's one of the reasons I bought it!

palmettocharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #179
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

W3D1 DONE!!!! I cant believe I made it. It whipped my butt; but I did it. I am so proud of myself. I did add an extra 2 min run interval at the end to make it a full 10 min of running for the day. The lower intervals is very nice I must say!!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #180
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
W3D1 DONE!!!! I cant believe I made it. It whipped my butt; but I did it. I am so proud of myself. I did add an extra 2 min run interval at the end to make it a full 10 min of running for the day. The lower intervals is very nice I must say!!
Awesome! I agree that I love having fewer intervals. Mentally it seems easier to get through knowing I only have 4 runs.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: