Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #136
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by insoin View Post
Today was a non running day so I did the elipitcal machine and rode a bike. Threw in some light weights as well. Question for everyone... Do you run everyother day? Or do you run MWF and start the next week on the next Monday? Or do you run a day off a day no matter what day of the week it is?
I'm trying to stick to MWF and swim on the off days-but life does get in the way. I'm off schedule this week already! The pool heater has not been working so I haven't been in the pool for over a week. I can handle 46 degrees on deck when the water is 80, but I can't do it when the water is cold too.
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #137
jennz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan09 View Post
Week 3 Day 1 is done!!!

It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The amount of rest you get after the 3 minute run really helps. I also took my own advice and dropped my speed and I think that made a big difference as well

I've been a volunteer for a couple of the Disney races and I've learned a lot from that experience. I've learned that everyone in a race doesn't run like a gazelle, and they're not all skinny. I've also learned how to shout encouragement and how those words literally change the expression on a struggling person's face, and put a little spring in their step.

So...I suggest we ALL learn to encourage ourselves as we go along. Instead of saying to yourself "OMG, 3 minutes, I'm gonna die!!" Say what you would say to another person that you would see trying to do something that they thought was impossible-or at least really hard. I tried it today and it really does make a difference.

We are all doing something amazing and we all deserve praise and encouragement for it!
I like that! What would you say to someone else, right? Well say it to yourself! Very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
W2D2 completed. But that was rough. I didnt feel like going out this morning and the first 3 intervals were not pretty. The last 3 I started to get in sync with myself. I may add an extra day to this week just for the extra practice since I started a day early. I still love the fact that I can do it. I have to push but I can do it. Happy running everyone.
Awesome! And aren't you glad you're in FLORIDA running??

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Hope it's good news.

I completed W2D3 today. Did not enjoy it. Having a tough time mentally right now, but I know I can do this and I know I will get out there each day and muscle through.
I think this is going to be quite mental for me (not that I'm mental...). Yesterday I started out and my legs were very tired after the third run (I do have to say I went for a 2 mile walk with dd before I started, probably not the smartest thing) - I decided I would do the 4th segment and that was it for yesterday, but I did NOT quit! I am just modifying it for me. I am now a runner! Not a graceful one but I'm still running.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #138
ChrisAlli
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!!!

I read about this a while ago and just again on Sunday. I wanted to start yesterday, but of course found a reason not to. So I just read this thread and I just completed W1D1.

I'm using my treadmill for now, but hope to take it outside at some point. I think I'm going to try and walk on the off days.

I'm hoping to pick up my time. I did 1.35 in 25 minutes, but that was with the 5 minute warm up. I could jog at 4.0, not sure hwo good that is.

I'm just glad I started doing something and I would LOVE to be able to run a half marathon at some point. No one would expect that of me.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #139
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

I'm half-way through week 4 now and it's really starting to feel good. I live the comments about going your own speed. I'm really keeping that in mind as I run. I'm carrying alot of extra weight still, so I'm definitely not the typical look of a runner. But I'm doing it! I'm doing my runs at night, so I bundle up for the cool weather but it's mostly been in the mid-40's when I run, so not too bad. I drove the route I've been doing to see what the distance is, and it's 2.1 miles. That means I've been averaging a fifteen minute mile! I'm so pleased since on the treadmill, running at 4.0 has always seemed fast to me. I seem to do better outside. I'm actually looking forward to Day 3 next week when I run 20 minutes! I think I'll be able to do it if I take it nice and easy. Worst case, I'll walk a minute or two in between and repeat the week. I've been doing 4 or 5 days of the program, not three. I don't think I should try to repeat the "long" run during week 5. What do you all think about that?
Upcoming: WDW POR?? Completed: DL December '11 & '12 Daytrips, DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970
3TinksAndAnEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #140
PeterPan09

Quote:
I like that! What would you say to someone else, right? Well say it to yourself! Very true!
Exactly! Think of the things that we say to ourselves that we would NEVER say to a friend, a child or anyone! We berate ourselves, we put ourselves down and we convince ourselves that we can't. We simply would not do that to someone else-even a stranger.

I watch Jillian on the Biggest Loser, I used to think she was mean, until I really watched her closely and what she was really trying to do. These people are telling her they can't and she's screaming back at them "YES YOU CAN". She believes in them even before they can believe in themselves.

We don't have Jillian-but we can be that encouragement for ourselves.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #141
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Quote:
Originally Posted by insoin View Post
Today was a non running day so I did the elipitcal machine and rode a bike. Threw in some light weights as well. Question for everyone... Do you run everyother day? Or do you run MWF and start the next week on the next Monday? Or do you run a day off a day no matter what day of the week it is?
I have been doing every other day not MWF. On the off days I walk the same route with the dog. So not a really fast pace but I am out there walking it at least.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #142
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennz View Post

Awesome! And aren't you glad you're in FLORIDA running??

I think this is going to be quite mental for me (not that I'm mental...). Yesterday I started out and my legs were very tired after the third run (I do have to say I went for a 2 mile walk with dd before I started, probably not the smartest thing) - I decided I would do the 4th segment and that was it for yesterday, but I did NOT quit! I am just modifying it for me. I am now a runner! Not a graceful one but I'm still running.
I love the weather here that is why we moved; Disney was a huge push factor too. We actually moved over 1000 miles from our home and we are loving it so far.

Keep up the running I modify it for me every time I run. I am not a runner and still very overweight. So I am giving it my best and forgetting the rest to use Tony Hortons speel (sp). Hang in there it is tough for me too!

Old 02-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #143
ZOOMAMA
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford

Cue Pomp and Circumstance- CUZ I'M DONE! I DID IT! W9D3 FINISHED!

Now, having said that, I had to drag my butt around the neighborhood today! I spent the first mile trying to come up with an excuse, an ailment, anything so I could stop and go home. But I couldn't come up with anything better than "whatever loser keep running." So I kept going! I have ran the last three days without a rest day but I'm really not at the level where I can NOT take a rest day. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the BodPod-just like the Making of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders! Only instead of wannabe cheerleaders, it will just be me...in spandex. I'm also having blood work done and TM VO2 testing. I wonder how long I'll last on the TM at 5.0 and full incline?!! I'm not supposed to exercise before the testing tomorrow so that will be my rest day.

Glad to see some new names on the board! Looks like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!

Tess

Tess
ZOOMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #144
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOMAMA View Post

Now, having said that, I had to drag my butt around the neighborhood today! I spent the first mile trying to come up with an excuse, an ailment, anything so I could stop and go home. But I couldn't come up with anything better than "whatever loser keep running." So I kept going! I have ran the last three days without a rest day but I'm really not at the level where I can NOT take a rest day. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the BodPod-just like the Making of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders! Only instead of wannabe cheerleaders, it will just be me...in spandex. I'm also having blood work done and TM VO2 testing. I wonder how long I'll last on the TM at 5.0 and full incline?!! I'm not supposed to exercise before the testing tomorrow so that will be my rest day.

Glad to see some new names on the board! Looks like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!

Tess

Way to go, Tess!!!!!!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #145
PeterPan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOMAMA View Post

Tess
WOW!! Congratulations!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #146
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

CONGRATS ZOOMAMA!!

Guys, you are doing such amazing work - this is incredible! Pretty soon we'll have to change this to a C210k workout

I'm amazed at everyone's courage and commitment.

I finished W3D2 today and it felt REALLY good. I've started to track how fast I run on the TM on a piece of paper that I attached to my mirror so I know how far I've come That is also where I weigh in.

Anywho - I COMPLETELY agree with everyone who says we should give each other encouragement - so I think this should be a more fun environment.

I'm going to start posting a question of the day every day and an inspirational quote. (I'm a night owl, so I'll be posting it around midnight, eastern time.) I'll post it Mondays through Fridays

You guys have been such an inspiration to me, I feel I need to give something back. Don't feel obligated to answer, they'll just be fun questions to keep us motivated.

Another thing I'd like to start is I'd like to ask everyone what week they are on. This way, every day I post I can list what week users are on - for newbies that are just starting out this might be helpful to figure out who to talk to about which week - and to know that it is possible to finish!

SOO

to start us off!

Wednesday, Feb 3rd, 2010
Question of the day: If you could pick one Disney character to run in front of you as your inspiration and give you a great big hug when you finished (no matter how sweaty you were ), who would it be?

Current Stats:

(I will edit this section for tomorrow when I find out where everyone is at).

Enjoy!

REMEMBER
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. - Theodore Roosevelt

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Fall 2012 - Vacation Planning CM
willonlyflytodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #147
palmettocharm
Mouseketeer

I started W2D1 on Monday. I'll try D2 today. It's a little bit harder, but I am making it. I am glad I repeated Week One, and I might even repeat Week Two before I move on to Week Three. I just can't seem to get outside like I want to - the weather has not been cooperating!

palmettocharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #148
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willonlyflytodisney View Post
I'm going to start posting a question of the day every day and an inspirational quote. (I'm a night owl, so I'll be posting it around midnight, eastern time.) I'll post it Mondays through Fridays

You guys have been such an inspiration to me, I feel I need to give something back. Don't feel obligated to answer, they'll just be fun questions to keep us motivated.

Another thing I'd like to start is I'd like to ask everyone what week they are on. This way, every day I post I can list what week users are on - for newbies that are just starting out this might be helpful to figure out who to talk to about which week - and to know that it is possible to finish!

SOO

to start us off!

Wednesday, Feb 3rd, 2010
Question of the day: If you could pick one Disney character to run in front of you as your inspiration and give you a great big hug when you finished (no matter how sweaty you were ), who would it be?

Current Stats:

(I will edit this section for tomorrow when I find out where everyone is at).

Enjoy!

REMEMBER
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. - Theodore Roosevelt
I love your ideas!

I just finished week 2, but I'm going to repeat it or at least do one more day before I move on to week 3.

The character question is a tough one for me. I guess I'd have to go with Tigger. He just has so much energy and is one of my favorites.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Last edited by carissanboys; 02-03-2010 at 12:37 PM.
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #149
PeterPan09

I did Week 3 Day 1 yesterday.

No hesitation-PoohBear. PoohBear was the first Disney character I fell in love with and he led me to a love of all things Disney. A big hug and kiss from him would be all the reward I would need!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #150
insoin

DIS Veteran

Ouch

OK just dropping in real quick to say hi. I finished W2D2 today. But the real story is last night my foot started hurting a bit, not bad but tender right infront of my heel. So today I feel a bit tender but still good, and I didn't think about it and when I ran, I didn't even feel it.

I go to work and it starts to get a bit more sore. So I ask a lady at work, who used to be a high school health teacher/golf coach if she had ever heard of what might cause it to be sore. She said it may be Plantar fasciitis. I also asked my UPS driver who runs marathons. He said it could be...

I wanted to cry, why does it feel like my body is fighting me on trying to get healthy? I set a goal, and it just seems like my body is saying no. So now I have to figure out what to do about it. I'm taking tomorrow off totally to let it rest a day and see how it feels on Friday.

OH well I'm not sure what to do exactly right now. But I am gonna watch it for a couple of days. My UPS driver said to slow my pace down and perhaps take some time off if I need to. But I'm just not sure. I have a goal, and I wanna do this...but man what is going on with me.....

Sorry for being a downer right now but I just needed to vent for a bit....
Scott

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: