Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
wdw-ocd
DIS Veteran

Question Vista Cay or Seven Dwarfs?

Ok, Disers, I need your advice!

What's a fun and safe community to rent a condo or house in? We stayed in Windsor Hills last time and would like to try something closer to Universal. Most of the houses in our search seem to be either in Vista Cay or Seven Dwarfs. Is one resort better than the other?

TIA
Old 01-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
WinGS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw-ocd View Post
Ok, Disers, I need your advice!

What's a fun and safe community to rent a condo or house in? We stayed in Windsor Hills last time and would like to try something closer to Universal. Most of the houses in our search seem to be either in Vista Cay or Seven Dwarfs. Is one resort better than the other?

TIA
If anyone has some experience with any of these resorts, I would appreciate any information as well.
WinGS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinGS View Post
If anyone has some experience with any of these resorts, I would appreciate any information as well.

have stayed at Seven Dwar. Was ok. Just ok. pm me if you want more...
kiki02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
chidseyc
Earning My Ears

I stayed at seven dwarves last summer and really enjoyed it. The price was great and our unit was in great shape. Our experience was that it was quiet and relaxing. We spent most of our time at the theme parks or resting in the townhouse and only went to the pool once. We felt very secure with the gate that was staffed 24 hours.

I haven't stayed at the other place for comparison.
chidseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
jsd2643
Earning My Ears

I stayed at Vista Cay 3 straight trips. We loved it so much that we bought a condo.

The location is great for Universal or Disney. 10 minutes to Universal. 15 minutes to Disney. The complex is clean, quiet and just a few years old. It is a lot of value for your money. If you have questions about the complex let me know.
jsd2643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd2643 View Post
I stayed at Vista Cay 3 straight trips. We loved it so much that we bought a condo.

The location is great for Universal or Disney. 10 minutes to Universal. 15 minutes to Disney. The complex is clean, quiet and just a few years old. It is a lot of value for your money. If you have questions about the complex let me know.
Where did you rent from for your first three stays? This is where I strongly am leaning towards for our trip. I am trying to figure out the safest option. Thanks!

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Nancy for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
jsd2643
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy for Disney View Post
Where did you rent from for your first three stays? This is where I strongly am leaning towards for our trip. I am trying to figure out the safest option. Thanks!
I stayed in a different condo each time. I used homeaway.com or vrbo.com and put vista cay in the search box. I based my search on the reviews.

Do yourself a favor and get one that is either 2001 sf or 2097 sf. Everything is on 1 floor and there us plenty of room. I didn't care for the townhouses (with garage) as there are 3 floors of living space and the stairs became a pain.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
WinGS
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Hi, i am considering renting at Vista Cay. When I look at google maps, it takes 29 minutes to get to Magic Kingdom. Is that really the case? how was it like driving in Orlando traffic?

Can you also give me some advice or tips on what to ask for when renting from vrbo or homeaway?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
jsd2643
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi, i am considering renting at Vista Cay. When I look at google maps, it takes 29 minutes to get to Magic Kingdom. Is that really the case? how was it like driving in Orlando traffic?

Can you also give me some advice or tips on what to ask for when renting from vrbo or homeaway?
There is no way it takes 29 minutes. I have timed it. It took 15 minutes from getting into the car to getting out of the car at Magic Kingdom. Vista Cay is off Universal Blvd right next to I4. It is a easy drive.

Orlando traffic is unpredictable. I have seen it congested at odd times of the day. We try and make it for rope dop and have never had an issue.

For renting, I would want to be in buidings 1 - 14 as they are the closest to the pool, club house and walking path around the pond. Here is a link to the map where you can see the building #'s. http://www.rentatvistacay.com/locate%20map.htm

Also ask how check in works. They are privately owned so not everyone has the same property manager. These days a lot of people use electronic locks so they just give you a code.

Last edited by jsd2643; 01-21-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #10
WinGS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
There is no way it takes 29 minutes. I have timed it. It took 15 minutes from getting into the car to getting out of the car at Magic Kingdom. Vista Cay is off Universal Blvd right next to I4. It an wasy drive.

Orlando traffic is unpredictable. I have seen it congested at odd times of the day. We try and make it for rope dop and have never had an issue.

For renting, I would want to be in buidings 1 - 14 as they are the closest to the pool, club house and walking path around the pond. Here is a link to the map where you can see the building #'s. http://www.rentatvistacay.com/locate%20map.htm

Also ask how check in works. They are privately owned so not everyone has the same property manager. These days a lot of people use electronic locks so they just give you a code.
Thanks for the info. That is reassuring, we don't want to spend more time than necessary driving..

As well, thanks for the info on the buildings to ask for. There are some listings along Breakview Dr, this is on the other side of the resort near Little Lake Cay. I assume these don't have access to the pool? It seems from the map that there is a pool area.. Have you seen this, how does it compare to the one on the other side?
Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #11
jsd2643
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for the info. That is reassuring, we don't want to spend more time than necessary driving..

As well, thanks for the info on the buildings to ask for. There are some listings along Breakview Dr, this is on the other side of the resort near Little Lake Cay. I assume these don't have access to the pool? It seems from the map that there is a pool area.. Have you seen this, how does it compare to the one on the other side?
There is a smaller pool on that side as well but no club house. You would have to walk or drive to the main club house.