Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #31
jmamom
Mouseketeer

I am beyond jealous. 4 nights away from this cold weather, away from being Mommy, away from work. Sooo jealous.
And, totally excited for you. And for me, because I get to read another trip report.
Yay!!!!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
jmamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #32
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I've heard your honeymoon story before and let me tell you it never gets old reading about it again.
Thank you so much. That is such a sincere compliment, it really touches me.

Quote:
I'm really excited that you are staying at Grand Floridian. I think it's great that you can pamper yourself with this trip a bit before bean arrives.
I am so excited. I love my family, but it will be so good to get away with Mom and just shop and eat and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
I am beyond jealous. 4 nights away from this cold weather, away from being Mommy, away from work. Sooo jealous.
And, totally excited for you. And for me, because I get to read another trip report.
Yay!!!!
You may feel free to live vicariously through me. I am happy to offer myself up as the sacrifical travel lamb for you.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #33
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
You're rambling, but it's really cute.

And I'm happy to have you here!!!
Me? Rambling?? Surely you jest!!

I love your round-about way of getting to the perfect dates. So logical, and obviously well thought out. A tell-tale sign of too many hours laying in bed scheming. Mua-ha-ha...

Last edited by All7OfUs; 01-12-2010 at 09:59 AM.
All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #34
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Me? Rambling?? Surely you jest!!

I love your round-about way of getting to the perfect dates. So logical, and obviously well thought out. A tell-tale sign of too many hours laying in bed scheming. Mua-ha-ha...
Or waking up at 500 am because you're starving and can't wait any longer to eat.

That'll give you some serious computer time.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #35
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Or waking up at 500 am because you're starving and can't wait any longer to eat.

That'll give you some serious computer time.
No doubt about that!!! So, what are you noshin on this fine morning?? Leftover lasagne? Cold cereal?? Those would be my go-to's.

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #36
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

You guys are going to have so much fun. Sounds like it's going to be a relaxing few days with plenty of good food. (Just guessing on that one from what you've told us about your mom. )

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #37
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I love how easily everything has fallen into place for you and this trip! It was meant to be!

In a way I feel like I am sending in an advance guard -- scope out the place for fun things for me!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #38
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, actually. I've stayed there quite a few times. You know what, I'll do a little retro post this morning and tell you all about when the love affair began.
Can't wait! I have a feeling I'm going to totally fall in love with the Grand. I'm hoping for a bit more luxury. Have you ever stayed in the Main Building?

But I have to admit, I'm a bit excited about the Four Seasons resort opening near the golf course. Besides Disney resorts of course, the Four Seasons is my fav

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #39
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
No doubt about that!!! So, what are you noshin on this fine morning?? Leftover lasagne? Cold cereal?? Those would be my go-to's.
Actually, my dear, I start every morning with yogurt. Today it was Dannon's Apple Cinnamon fruit on the bottom. This kiddo hates the taste of artifical sweeteners, so it's full fat and sugar for me, thank you very much. I love Diet Caffeine Free Pepsi, and right now, I can't stand the taste.

I drink a ton of orange juice. Mid morning I had a grapefruit which I also loaded with sugar.

Sensing a trend here?

And then, for lunch now, I just had a chicken cutlet my DH breaded and fried a couple nights ago. Yum yum.

Now I need to drink some more orange juice to wash it down.

Just in case you wanted to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
You guys are going to have so much fun. Sounds like it's going to be a relaxing few days with plenty of good food. (Just guessing on that one from what you've told us about your mom. )
I am so glad we cancelled the other trip. Now we're staying at the Grand Flo, and yes, there will be PLENTY of good food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I love how easily everything has fallen into place for you and this trip! It was meant to be!

In a way I feel like I am sending in an advance guard -- scope out the place for fun things for me!
It was meant to be!

And I am happy to pave the way for your family, believe you me.

Taking one for the team, that's TK.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #40
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Can't wait! I have a feeling I'm going to totally fall in love with the Grand. I'm hoping for a bit more luxury. Have you ever stayed in the Main Building?

But I have to admit, I'm a bit excited about the Four Seasons resort opening near the golf course. Besides Disney resorts of course, the Four Seasons is my fav
Oh, it's definitely luxurious.

You know, I don't remember, but I don't think I've ever stayed in the Main Building. I'll have to ask Mom about that.

I know we stayed in the main building at the Contemporary once.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #41
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, it's definitely luxurious.

You know, I don't remember, but I don't think I've ever stayed in the Main Building. I'll have to ask Mom about that.

I know we stayed in the main building at the Contemporary once.
The GF is the perfect place for a mother/daughter trip.

What did you think of the Contemporary? I loved the updated rooms and the walkway to the MK. But the theme just isn't me.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #42
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The GF is the perfect place for a mother/daughter trip.

What did you think of the Contemporary? I loved the updated rooms and the walkway to the MK. But the theme just isn't me.
I love the Contemporary for its updated rooms. Eventually, I would love to stay in one, I just love the decor. But as far as the rest of the hotel, there are elements of it that I like, but I prefer what some people might call the "fussiness" of the Grand Flo, or even the lobby of the Poly to the Contemporary. It's just a totally different feel and it doesn't excited me as much.

Also, I cannot get over the pool. So not fun for kids, very, very basic. The GF and the Poly have a lot of fun and whimsy to their pools, so that gets me every time.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #43
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love the Contemporary for its updated rooms. Eventually, I would love to stay in one, I just love the decor. But as far as the rest of the hotel, there are elements of it that I like, but I prefer what some people might call the "fussiness" of the Grand Flo, or even the lobby of the Poly to the Contemporary. It's just a totally different feel and it doesn't excited me as much.

Also, I cannot get over the pool. So not fun for kids, very, very basic. The GF and the Poly have a lot of fun and whimsy to their pools, so that gets me every time.
I completely agree. Love the Poly pool. And the cabanas at the GF are a nice addition. I wish they had them at the Poly.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #44
dmank
Mouseketeer

Your post caught my eye since we've been counting down for 81 days to go to GF; and we too are checking in on Jan 30. But this will be my first trip there - got a 4/3 deal that couldn't pass up. I've always stared at GF and thought 'no way can we afford this.'

I've also been to Disney twice while pregnant, and my husband probably prefers that I go when pregnant since it slows me down (ahem, to his pace). I take naps which never do otherwise!!

Anyway - I think 18 day lead time is awesome so you don't have to wait all that time. Glad you are feeling better too. Have some fun with your mom.
WL/OKW - Feb 2009
GF - Jan 30-Feb 6, 2010
AKL - 3 nights in Aug 2010 (waterparks only)
BWI - Jan 28-Feb 3 2011 (followed by 3 nights on the DREAM)
SSR - Aug 2011 (never again one whole week in August!!) followed by 3 nights in Cocoa Beach
BWV- Jan/Feb 2012 (YES program - totally fun)
VWL - Sept 2012 (10 year anniversary trip)
VGC - Feb 2013
SSR - Jan 2014 (3 nights with inlaws)
HHI - Mar 2014 (one week with my parents)
Upcoming May 2015 : Vero Beach and BWI
dmank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #45
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Hi, I just saw your ticker on If You Had Wings PTR and thought you would be there at the same time as us and went to check out your PTR and figured out that it really is a very new ticker!!

I think going on a spontaneous trip like yours is a dream for every DISer! Just suddenly having the opportunity and taking it. How wonderful. I am looking forward to reading about your plans. I hope you are able to get good ADRs, we changed one recently and it turned out to be no problem at all.

And I love your story about the GF - I absolutely agree that this rate was just asking to be booked!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: