Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #151
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Single Digit Dance

Alright, folks! We have finally hit the single digit dance and here's what's on the agenda.

The temperature forecast has dropped, so it's anybody's guess as to what it will really be when we go. The only reason this is a bummer is that it makes packing more difficult. Right now we're looking at low - mid 60s to mid 70s for the highs. I'm figuring at the very least, I can pack my tees and pants, and add hoodies as needed. That seems the most reasonable to me. I'll most likely get started on that this weekend.

I need to go through all my tolietries tonight and reorganize them for just me (normally mine, DH, and DS' are all together) and see if anything needs to be replenished. This will then be accomplished by a shopping mission to Walmart on Wednesday.

I have put the kebash on all spending. If it's not gas or groceries, it's not getting bought. And if we actually just bought ourselves our first home, the souvie list will be parred way way way down. Fortunately I have $70 in reward dollars from my Disney Visa, so I can use that and not feel so bad about spending.

I'm hoping to get treats from Goofy's Candy Co for my DH and DS, a little treat for myself from Trend E, and something for the baby, perhaps a nuetral plush rattle. My DS loved his plush Mickey rattle when he was little. Very sweet.

I feel very in limbo today because of the offer we put in on that condo. There's another offer out there which sort of makes me nervous. I just keep trying to remind myself if, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. And if it is, oh my gosh, what was I thinking? I could see us there, though. I really could, and I guess that's how you know.

I remember on another thread, one of my friends telling me that buying a house was like shopping for a wedding dress. When you find the right one, you just know.

Given that I picked the first dress I ever tried on (long story), and that we've looked at SO many homes, it's weird, because I've never had that AHA moment until I saw this place.

But, it may not be mine. Everything hangs in the balance. I'm supposed to hear something tonight, so I'll keep you all posted. I don't even know what I want to happen at this point, just something. DH and I have talked though, and I feel better about our game plan.

This whole process is way too stressful for me, and I am not the type of person who knows how to set it aside. If they come back with a rejection, we will let it pass, and if they counter offer, we are not going higher. We have given our best offer, and that's that. I would take both of those scenarios as signs that it is not meant to happen, and we will completely discontinue our housing search, and hunker down here, fixing up our apartment as originally planned. If they come back with an acceptance, then I will know that it is meant to be. I have faith that there is a plan for all of us, and that things happen as they were meant to.

It's very similar to when people ask me if I want a boy or a girl. I don't. Well, obviously it's going to be one of those, but I want a healthy baby and a healthy me. I was high risk last time and on bed rest, so if I, and the baby, can make it through this happy and healthy, then that's all I care about. There are more important things in life to worry about than the gender of this child, and it is what it is. I can't change the Bean now, so to my mind, it just doesn't matter. It's amazing to me how many people don't believe that, but it's really how I feel. I will have whatever I was meant to have. I believe that God has a plan, and I have faith in that plan.

So hopefully, very soon, I should be able to resume our regularly scheduled PTR programming with my top ten lists. Think food, rides, etc. I was planning on a shopping one...but...we'll see...

TTFN!!!

Next Chapter

Last edited by TarzansKat; 01-20-2010 at 04:02 PM.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #152
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I am not so happy with the weather forecast either... I was rather hoping for some pool time.

I think you are doing very well keeping a clear head about the house hunt. My parents were buying a new appartment last year and they had one they absolutely loved, but didn't get and then they got one that were a bit unhappy about, but which had a great location. But now they are so glad that the other one did not work out because they love the area they live in so much.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #153
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I'll be sending some good vibes your way, hoping they bring you some luck. It sounds so lovely, and even better that you can move right in.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #154
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Wow Kat you have a lot going on right now! I hope you hear good news today from the realtor.

PS: Do you know what big stuff you need for the baby yet? I'm going to have all kinds of stuff available for you before the bean gets here because we won't need it anymore.

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #155
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for single digits!!! Time is just flying by, and before you know it, it will be the day before instead of nine days before!

Good luck and big hugs on the condo.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #156
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

I'm here! And caught up!!

And SOOO wanting to read that next chapter....

"BRING it, honey!"

Old 01-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #157
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am not so happy with the weather forecast either... I was rather hoping for some pool time.

I think you are doing very well keeping a clear head about the house hunt. My parents were buying a new appartment last year and they had one they absolutely loved, but didn't get and then they got one that were a bit unhappy about, but which had a great location. But now they are so glad that the other one did not work out because they love the area they live in so much.
I know it will work out the way it's meant to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I'll be sending some good vibes your way, hoping they bring you some luck. It sounds so lovely, and even better that you can move right in.
Unfortunately, we're required to give a 60 day notice on our current place, so I'm having a feeling we'll have some overlap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Wow Kat you have a lot going on right now! I hope you hear good news today from the realtor.

PS: Do you know what big stuff you need for the baby yet? I'm going to have all kinds of stuff available for you before the bean gets here because we won't need it anymore.
Wow, thank you so much for your offer! I will take a little inventory tonight and let you know what we may need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray for single digits!!! Time is just flying by, and before you know it, it will be the day before instead of nine days before!

Good luck and big hugs on the condo.
I seriousley need this trip right now, I am so stressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
I'm here! And caught up!!

And SOOO wanting to read that next chapter....

"BRING it, honey!"

Ha! Bring it, she says!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #158
TarzansKat

Condo Update

I don't have much to say except...giving birth? No problem.

Stress of buying a home? I hate it.

At 130 (I didn't get the voicemail until 400 when I got out of work) my realtor called. She left me a voicemail wanting to know if the offer we put in last night was our best.

My short answer? Yes.

What I was thinking? Why are you asking me this? If there's another offer what does it matter if mine is the best one I have to offer unless they're trying to...I have no good word for it, let's just say make me part with more of my money. No, I'm not going up. Yes, I offered $10,000 less than what they payed for it. Yes, what I'm offering is very similar to comps in recent months in the same complex. I don't see the issue here. I know she has to clarify that, so I get it, but I hate this.

I hate the games and I hate the stress and although I love the place I am having cold feet and wanting to rescind. Which is silly because I love the place, but not because I am getting so ticked and this can't be good for me or the baby. I shudder to think of how high my blood pressure is right now and I can't wait for this to be over.

I can't wait to take this trip.

Next Chapter

Last edited by TarzansKat; 01-21-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #159
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I don't have much to say except...giving birth? No problem.

Stress of buying a home? I hate it.

At 130 (I didn't get the voicemail until 400 when I got out of work) my realtor called. She left me a voicemail wanting to know if the offer we put in last night was our best.

My short answer? Yes.

What I was thinking? Why are you asking me this? If there's another offer what does it matter if mine is the best one I have to offer unless they're trying to...I have no good word for it, let's just say make me part with more of my money. No, I'm not going up. Yes, I offered $10,000 less than what they payed for it. Yes, what I'm offering is very similar to comps in recent months in the same complex. I don't see the issue here. I know she has to clarify that, so I get it, but I hate this.

I hate the games and I hate the stress and although I love the place I am having cold feet and wanting to rescind. Which is silly because I love the place, but not because I am getting so ticked and this can't be good for me or the baby. I shudder to think of how high my blood pressure is right now and I can't wait for this to be over.

I can't wait to take this trip.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #161
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry you're feeling stressed about it all. Keep reminding yourself that whatever is meant to be, will be, and try to relax. I know it's easier said than done.

Any word back from the realtor yet?
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
michellem1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #162
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm caught up.

I'm sorry you are so stressed with the condo buying. Everything will work out the way it is supposed too.

Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #163
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

No stress! If it's meant to happen it will, and if it doesn't it just means there is a better place out there for you.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #164
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry that this condo is turning out to be a source of stress!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #165
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Oh I am sorry you are so stressed. Your trip will be here before you know it. We didn't get the first house we wanted either. I know how you are feeling. At the time I was glad we didn't get it because it had been so stressful. Then about 1 year later we were able to get a brand new house in a much better location. It will all work out in the end.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: