Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2010, 07:25 AM   #106
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

I haven't updated my pre-trip report in 10 days, yikes...thats poor management! I am off on study leave from work and finding it hard to concentrate but have been doing a bit better this week

My exams are the 23-26 June and we leave for London on the 1st of July and exam worry is getting in the way of holiday excitment a little!

But will definitely post either tonight or tomoro my day 1-3 plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
There is so much in there that you can't help but want to try and check everything out when you go.

I am going to reread very soon and have those signature sticky things to place on pages I really really want to check/look out for

Have you checked out Uniqlo? They have loads of Disney t shirts at the mo, for men and women
I'm currently using those sticky things for my accountancy books! boo!

Lovinh uniqlo's prices so am hoping to get a top for me and DBF, but also want to buy something in Tren-D the night we arrive...need to find out if they stock Disney couture jewellery and would it be more price effective to get some there or before I go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
You have much will control. I couldn't read the Twilight books quickly enough. I took three of them to the beach with me last summer and was finished a couple of days into the trip. It should help occupy you on the plane! Warning - some crazy plot shifts that you are going to need to verbalize: OMG can you believe that... and What? and Oh no! Try to warn DBF! One of my students told me before I read it that Meyer was on crack when she wrote BD. (I couldn't imagine why my student would say that...then I read the book. )
I'm currently Team Jacob and my sister says I'm sooo going to change my mind once I start Breaking Dawn! I'm surprised I've waited this long *** I raced through the first 3 too! will give DBF the warning! he enjoyed New Moon but no chance of him reading the book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Chris loved the book and he said: if nothing else, it will make him want to slow down to experience all that the parks have to offer. I think this is good since we will be going at a less-crowded time of the year and should have some time for this.

My mum said that too, we were previously so focused on following the touring plans and minimising the wait times that we missed out on a lot of detail! You a re lucky not to have to worry about massive crowds, I will be trying to balance doing all the rides in the midst of the July masses but also taking time to soak in the scenery and surroundings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I'm kinda of late to the party, but enjoyed reading through your pre-trip report.

I only just noticed the link in your signature, so I popped over.

Sounds like you two are going to have a great time. I hope you'll write a trip report when you're back- can't wait to hear about Universal and Harry Potter. We're headed there for the first time in September.

Hi, I've been back over and catching up on your report and will post when I'm fully caught up, congratulations on your marriage!

We will definitely be trying a trip report! I'm actually a bit nervous about Harry Potter land, the crowds and wait times are going to be phenomenal! but hopefully we will manage to get on the forbidden journey at least once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
in about 90 days, I will begin my pre-trippy report for Ireland.
Going to the bank then to get some Euros and Pounds -

I'm in! Subscribing.

P.S. Love the castle pics from Belfast.

T.T.F.N.
will your pre trip for Ireland be on the Dis boards?

Will you be spending any time in the North on your vacation? feel free to ask if you've any questions and if I don't know the answer can ask around my family! will you be staying with relatives?
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #107
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

I've got a ticker! Now off to study!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #108
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
I've got a ticker! Now off to study!
Cute ticker!

Aw hang in there girlie! Your trip will be here before you know it!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:29 AM   #109
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
I'm currently using those sticky things for my accountancy books! boo!

Lovinh uniqlo's prices so am hoping to get a top for me and DBF, but also want to buy something in Tren-D the night we arrive...need to find out if they stock Disney couture jewellery and would it be more price effective to get some there or before I go?
There are few websites that sell DCJ, but is quite expensive over here, so it might be cheaper to buy in Orlando
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:06 AM   #110
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
I

My exams are the 23-26 June and we leave for London on the 1st of July and exam worry is getting in the way of holiday excitment a little!

Don't let your exams get in the way of your vacation!! Believe me, things are tough for us too but the vacation is what's helping me get through! Just keep thinking DISNEY! Hehe!

LOVE the ticker!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #111
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Cute ticker!

Aw hang in there girlie! Your trip will be here before you know it!
Thanks, but as much as I want the time to fly in before the trip I can feel those 4 horrible exams looming over me too! but if there wasn't Disney at the end don't think i could cope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
There are few websites that sell DCJ, but is quite expensive over here, so it might be cheaper to buy in Orlando
found a few comments on the dibb about where to find it, might get a pair of tinkerbell earrings before I go and wait to buy a nice necklace when I het there! was looking at some photo's of tren-d...sooomy kind of shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Don't let your exams get in the way of your vacation!! Believe me, things are tough for us too but the vacation is what's helping me get through! Just keep thinking DISNEY! Hehe!

LOVE the ticker!
That's what my mum keeps telling me, thanks Nikki!

Yeah exam stress must be makin me crazy, just decided i couldn't continue without a ticker!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #112
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

My mum was clearing out her wardrobe and a few Disney related items were passed in my direction...

so I have the choice of 3 denim skirts...

No.1 Slightly distressed and probably the shortest, sits a bit lower

No.2 Notice the Minnie motif on the fron (excuse the wrinkles)

No.3 Eye catching and cool? Or a bit OTT and gaudy?

Or should I just bring all 3?! also thought i'd share my latest purchase, thought this would be nice for an evening in DTD? Was only £11!

And here is what might seem a pretty mundane gift (to me its actually pretty exciting)...my aunt married an american businessman and now lives half the year in NY Half in London, and she left behind a couple of her unused first class travel packs for her brother on her last trip back to ireland, who in turn donated them to me!

Thursday night is the only night I spent apart from DBF, Hate sleeping by myslef, I get really bad nightmares, so going to start Days 1-3 of my more detailed plan!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #113
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Oh my goodness girl!! Those are the cutest denim skirts I have ever seen!!!! I say take all 3...you never know when you might need all of them!
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #115
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Day 1: Thursday 1st July
Unfortunately owing to only getting 20 days holiday and having to use some for study I am working 9-5! so hopefully as I leave my house in the morning the suitcases and carry-on's will be packed, checked off to my list (which is not yet composed!) liquids in the little freezer bags and hopefully manicure and pedicure done th night before.

Hoping to arrive at Belfast International Airport at approxiamtely 5.40pm, flight departs at 7.30 pm for Gatwick, we will then make our way to our super cheap (but hopefully cheerful) hotel for the next 2 nights, the Premier Travel Inn at Gatwick South

These photo's are from the tripadvisor page on this hotel, hope it is ok to use them!!!

So hopefully an early enough night and up early the next morning and head to...

Day 2: LONDON! DBF is in charge of organising this leg of the trip and so far the plan is to get the very cheap easybus to London then hop onto the red bus tour

and make a few stops, one being at the London Dungeon...I had nightmares for years about the Ripleys Believe it Or Not Torture sections so very wary but DBF has heard good stories about it and trying to let him have some input!

and hopefully Harrod's and a few other well known Department Stores...

Buckingham Palce and Big Ben are also on the agenda, but DBF is the organiser so will try and go with the flow!

Would ideally like to catch the bus and be back at the hotel for about 8 pm and get showered, organised and well rested for an early start the next day!

Day 3: My nana is going to call us to double check we don't miss the alarm at about 4.15 giving us an hour to get organised and over to the Teminal (a 10 min walk I think) and be checked in for 5.10am. Even though flight doesn't leave until 9.10am we haven't prebooked seats and I want to arrive early in the hope of sitting together and also avoiding any stress or fluster with getting lost or caught up in security!

and i'll not tell DBF but i really really love the airport and can happily spend hours just browsing the shops and people watching!

One thing I have to remember is to visit the Krispy Kreme Kiosk in Gatwick (thanks stephanie) and get a couple for the flight in case I can't eat the plane food...will take a couple of bags of crisps and an apple to take the bad look off it!

We are flying with Monarch in economy and there are no seat back TV'S...YIKES BUT as i have already mentioned I have held off reading the final Twilight book Breaking Dawn...why hello jacob!

Yikes that photo is pretty big just got it from google images, is this ok or am i in breach of dis protocol? i'll leave it for now and maybe someone will point me in right direction!

and with Dr Lleyton's sequel Pandora's Box to puzzle over on the DS and my donuts to munch on I'm anticipating a fairly enjoyable flight!

Have also heard the leg room is pretty poor with monarch but hopefully Bella Jacob Edward and co will have me so intrigued I don't notice and as for DBF...hmmm maybe he better be in charge of the DS!

Ok and finally, here is a photo of me setting off on either my first or second trip to Disney, note the matching jumper and socks my nana has me in, no wonder i'm so obsessed with Disney!

Old 05-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #116
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Great plans so far! Glad you are getting into the trip today! I can't believe you don't have a packing list yet!! Get on that, girl!

Cute pic as a little girl! And love the new dress!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #117
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Lovin your plans so far! I can't believe there's a Krispy Kreme in a London airport, jealousss! There's only one Krispy Kreme shop left in NYC I think, they got rid of them all here

I like the first two skirts And your dress looks super cute!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #118
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Wow, those skirts are so cute! I'd take them all!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:20 AM   #119
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Loving those skirts so cute, esp the Minnie one

Great plans so far, to Krispy Kremes

Cute pic of you when you were little
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #120
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Cute skirts! I say to take all 3...that way, you'll have a choice.

Love the old pic!!!!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: