Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #91
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Love the flowered dress--adorable!! The bikini is terrific, too. Have a great time at the party tour this weekend-- sounds like a lot of fun!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #92
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Ooooh, isn't that Hidden Magic book great?

Love all your purchases. Flip flops are cute but I can't do the rubber strap. It rubs on my feet...especially in WDW in the summer!!

I just purchased some reefs at islandsurf.com. I don't know if they ship international but they have a nice comfy fabric strap. AND they have the ones with the bottle opener on the bottom!

There are a few different men's styles with the opener. http://islandsurf.com/islandsurf/pag...284c988d58398b
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #93
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Love all of your purchases! Some cute clothes and the flops are great. I like the bikini too. I will say I've worn a bikini to every water park I've been to and never had a problem.

I also have the top two books in your collection. My DH is reading Hidden Magic now. I liked that one a lot.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 AM   #94
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Yes! You got the Hidden Magic of WDW book!! I got that for my birthday and love it! I've mentioned it a few times already in my TR.
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:35 AM   #95
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Loving all your purchases and excellent that you have the Hidden Magic, is such an awesome book isn't it
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #96
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hope you have a lovely weekend in Scotland! Love your new clothes - and i just looked at that Mickey&Minnie tshirt in the Disney Store this week!! How sweet of your Mum to buy it for you

and yay for the Havainnas!

lol i was just reading the Birnbaum WDW book today on the train to college! I could see other commuters looking over to see what i was reading.. it such's a colourful book

Emma x x

disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #97
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Just came across your PTR, the trip sounds fun and I hope your DBF 'gets' the whole Disney thing and has a fantastic time, sadly my DFi doesn't although I have only dragged him to Disneyland California & paris so far and im hoping he will somehow love Orlando but not holding my breath never mind he is happy to put up with it for me.

You will love Discovery cove, one of th emost mazing places I have ever been was such a fantastic day. Love all your purchases for Disney too.

I have stayed at that hotel in Belfast a few years back, such pretty grounds.

Hope you are having a fun weekend in Scotland
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #98
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

I love reading your PTR- I learn something new all the time.. I"ve never heard of 'reef' Sandals...I have tried looking for Reef's here: no such luck. bummer.

I love your Countdown, it's nice to see that DBF was involved... mine could careless. Although this year, I think i'm going to do a AKL themed one- that may peak his interest!

Glasgow, Scotland- we will be there in April next year! I'm really excited- were going to be in your neck of the woods for ten days!

I love the pattern on your new BIkinni!! I"m a fan of the bandeau top too.
It's sooo nice to know I"M NOT THE ONLY ONE who deals with awful hair in the florida heat. I"ve never truly triedthe Frizz-ease line... worth it?

Once we get closer (probably close to the two month mark) i'll be purchasing the hidding mickey book!

Great update...
Old 05-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #99
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I love your books and have two more if you decide to hit the bookstore anytime soon. (Maybe light reading for the flight.) The Complete Walt Disney World 2010 - coconut press - it has amazing pictures!!!

The other is the children's book The Kingdom Keepers. My daughters and I are almost finished the first. I am enjoying it very much. The author had access to many cool insider hallways, etc. It is fun to hear about some of those.

Your purchases are great! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

PS It was 92 and humid here in PA - The curly hair (which as of Wed. was five inches shorter) was immediately pulled up!
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #100
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the super late reply, dancing, homework, job etc have conspired against me this week and resulted in zero downtime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Love all of your purchases! Everything is so cute!! It sounds like you're going to have an exciting weekend. Enjoy!

I have the UG for 2010 adn the Hidden Magic book too. They are both great!

The Nationals for Irish dance are being held from July 3rd-July 7th. I actually just looked at their website and there is a $100 fee per person if you're not staying at the Swan/Dolphin (which is now sold out). It looks like they had to set aside rooms at the YC/BC, CSR and the BWI for competitors as well. I don't think you'll want to stop by and watch!
Thanks, we had a brilliant weekend, we did all the usual mad girly stuff and some chill out time too...

one of the best parts was they had emailed the husband to be 21 Mr and Mrs style questions, the bride to be then had to match her answers to his, questions like, Q What is your favourite bodypart on Linzi, favourite film etc...wrong answers resulted in a shot (and TGI's shots are huge)...was such a cool idea though! and we had photos and balloons and banners all over the table, was lovely!

Thanks for the info on the feis, think will skip it if $100 fee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
ooohh I love all the clothes you got! The flip flops are super cute, love the color!

Have a great weekend!

Glad you like, picking a colour was such a difficult decision, my sister was getting a bit impatient but happy with my eventual choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Love the flowered dress--adorable!! The bikini is terrific, too. Have a great time at the party tour this weekend-- sounds like a lot of fun!
I got another dress from the same shop in Glasgow, its called Primark, but will maybe save it to be revealed in my real trip report! might even be a contender for my California Grill outfit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Ooooh, isn't that Hidden Magic book great?

Love all your purchases. Flip flops are cute but I can't do the rubber strap. It rubs on my feet...especially in WDW in the summer!!

I just purchased some reefs at islandsurf.com. I don't know if they ship international but they have a nice comfy fabric strap. AND they have the ones with the bottle opener on the bottom!

There are a few different men's styles with the opener. http://islandsurf.com/islandsurf/pag...284c988d58398b
Almost finished the Hidden Magic Book, and it definitely adds another level of appreciation for Disney, the depth of detail is amazing...Dr Grant Seeker in the Dinosaur Ride...love it!

If I tell DBF there is a flip flop with a bottle opener on the sole, he is definitely going to make me buy them, haven't even started thinking about Ray's footwear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Love all of your purchases! Some cute clothes and the flops are great. I like the bikini too. I will say I've worn a bikini to every water park I've been to and never had a problem.

I also have the top two books in your collection. My DH is reading Hidden Magic now. I liked that one a lot.
I probably won't be going on any straight down crazy slides, i love rollercoasters but am totally scared of summit plummit types, weird i know! so as you say bikin will hopefully be fine!

How is DH finding the Hidden Magic? I'm almost finished and it has been such a cool read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Yes! You got the Hidden Magic of WDW book!! I got that for my birthday and love it! I've mentioned it a few times already in my TR.
I've enjoyed your references to it!!! Can't wait to look out for all the finer details i've missed on previous trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Loving all your purchases and excellent that you have the Hidden Magic, is such an awesome book isn't it
Gotta love primark! Hidden Magic should come with a warning...'may induce warm fuzzy feelings'!!! will probably reread before we go, lots in it I want to look out for, Haunted Mansion for example, so much I never knew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hope you have a lovely weekend in Scotland! Love your new clothes - and i just looked at that Mickey&Minnie tshirt in the Disney Store this week!! How sweet of your Mum to buy it for you

and yay for the Havainnas!

lol i was just reading the Birnbaum WDW book today on the train to college! I could see other commuters looking over to see what i was reading.. it such's a colourful book

Emma x x

Glasgow was excellent!
Thanks for the tip on the flip flops again Emma, I'm excited about wearing them!

Love the t-shirt, wish it was sleeveless but will manage !

Birnbaum book is pretty cool but I love the detail of the UG! Wonder if you got any fellow passengers thinking about a trip to Disney? I know if I saw someone reading a disney book on the train I'd be holding myself back from running over and declaring my allegiance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Just came across your PTR, the trip sounds fun and I hope your DBF 'gets' the whole Disney thing and has a fantastic time, sadly my DFi doesn't although I have only dragged him to Disneyland California & paris so far and im hoping he will somehow love Orlando but not holding my breath never mind he is happy to put up with it for me.

You will love Discovery cove, one of th emost mazing places I have ever been was such a fantastic day. Love all your purchases for Disney too.

I have stayed at that hotel in Belfast a few years back, such pretty grounds.

Hope you are having a fun weekend in Scotland
Hi!!! Cool coincidence that you've stayed at the Culloden! it really is lovely, me and DBF were just saying we want to make more nice trips like that, the Florida Fund is getting in the way at the moment!

Well, similars, I'm hoping DBF really falls in love with Disney, Universal, Florida etc but suppose there's no guarantee! but like your BF he loves to see me happy so I'm hoping our trip will have a very happy Disney Style ending and he cries when we leave and insists on coming back next year... a girl can only dream! so hope your BF gets bitten by the Disney bug!
Glad you loved Discovery Cove, I'm a wee bit apprehensive about the day, but think its because its totally unknown to me and also i'm a bit scared of getting brusghed by fish in the water, but just gonna have to overcome that!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
I love reading your PTR- I learn something new all the time.. I"ve never heard of 'reef' Sandals...I have tried looking for Reef's here: no such luck. bummer.

I love your Countdown, it's nice to see that DBF was involved... mine could careless. Although this year, I think i'm going to do a AKL themed one- that may peak his interest!

Glasgow, Scotland- we will be there in April next year! I'm really excited- were going to be in your neck of the woods for ten days!

I love the pattern on your new BIkinni!! I"m a fan of the bandeau top too.
It's sooo nice to know I"M NOT THE ONLY ONE who deals with awful hair in the florida heat. I"ve never truly triedthe Frizz-ease line... worth it?

Once we get closer (probably close to the two month mark) i'll be purchasing the hidding mickey book!

Great update...
Bandeau is great for avoiding strapmarks whilst still being relatively secure!

Definitely try the frizz-ease rachael, its all pretty good, also have you ever tried Aussie? their products are great for our unruly hair type! especially in the heat and sun, my hairdresser wants me to leave in conditioner basically 24-7 to protect my hair from the sun etc! i'll definitely do it a few days but want nice hair in the photos not a big conditioned ball!

So cool that your coming to the UK! Any info you need just holler!

oooh, hidden mickey book is so good, you'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
I love your books and have two more if you decide to hit the bookstore anytime soon. (Maybe light reading for the flight.) The Complete Walt Disney World 2010 - coconut press - it has amazing pictures!!!

The other is the children's book The Kingdom Keepers. My daughters and I are almost finished the first. I am enjoying it very much. The author had access to many cool insider hallways, etc. It is fun to hear about some of those.

Your purchases are great! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

PS It was 92 and humid here in PA - The curly hair (which as of Wed. was five inches shorter) was immediately pulled up!
5 Inches...thats a lot! brave decision! but I'm sure its a lot easier to wok with and will be pleasnter in the heat!
Thanks for the book advice, glad to hear you enjoyed Kingdom Keepers, I had seen it and thought it looked interesting so will definitely get that now!

I have saved Breaking Dawn from the Twilight series for our trip (its been in my room since November, so hard to resist not reading it!) Have heard so many good reviews and am hoping this will put in the flight nicely, we are travelling with Monarch, 9 hours and no seatback tv's and very little leg room, Breaking Dawn will hopefully cheer up the situation!
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #101
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post

Gotta love primark! Hidden Magic should come with a warning...'may induce warm fuzzy feelings'!!! will probably reread before we go, lots in it I want to look out for, Haunted Mansion for example, so much I never knew!
There is so much in there that you can't help but want to try and check everything out when you go.

I am going to reread very soon and have those signature sticky things to place on pages I really really want to check/look out for

Have you checked out Uniqlo? They have loads of Disney t shirts at the mo, for men and women
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #102
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

You have much will control. I couldn't read the Twilight books quickly enough. I took three of them to the beach with me last summer and was finished a couple of days into the trip. It should help occupy you on the plane! Warning - some crazy plot shifts that you are going to need to verbalize: OMG can you believe that... and What? and Oh no! Try to warn DBF! One of my students told me before I read it that Meyer was on crack when she wrote BD. (I couldn't imagine why my student would say that...then I read the book. )
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:57 AM   #103
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
How is DH finding the Hidden Magic? I'm almost finished and it has been such a cool read...
Chris loved the book and he said: if nothing else, it will make him want to slow down to experience all that the parks have to offer. I think this is good since we will be going at a less-crowded time of the year and should have some time for this.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #104
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I'm kinda of late to the party, but enjoyed reading through your pre-trip report.

I only just noticed the link in your signature, so I popped over.

Sounds like you two are going to have a great time. I hope you'll write a trip report when you're back- can't wait to hear about Universal and Harry Potter. We're headed there for the first time in September.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #105
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile This is 2 funny cuz.....

in about 90 days, I will begin my pre-trippy report for Ireland.
Going to the bank then to get some Euros and Pounds -

I'm in! Subscribing.

P.S. Love the castle pics from Belfast.

T.T.F.N.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT

Last edited by knewton64; 05-16-2010 at 09:27 PM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: