Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #76
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I love your countdown calendar! It's very cute.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #77
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Love it!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #78
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

I have some new purchases that I will post tommoro night,

if anyone gets a chance please check out this link, It is from Britain's got Talent and this group were on Saturday night past. Definitely gave me one of those tingly goosebump moments! I loved the Wolfe family link from Nikki's trip report and even though this isn't at all Disney related thought I'd share probably one of the most amazing talent's i've ever seen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49cU7gtPIzM
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #79
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Aw, your countdown calendar is cute!!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #80
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Wow, that video was great! I would love to see something like that live. I can see them getting jobs working for Cirque!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #81
jjsdad
DIS Veteran

Just a quick question. I see you are an irish dance teacher, and are going to DW right around the 4th. The Dolphin is booked so we are staying at the swan because of a dance competition. Is this why you are going? If so how big is this thing?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #82
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsdad View Post
Just a quick question. I see you are an irish dance teacher, and are going to DW right around the 4th. The Dolphin is booked so we are staying at the swan because of a dance competition. Is this why you are going? If so how big is this thing?
I can answer part of your question. The Nationals for Irish dance are being held at the Swan and Dolphin at that time. If people don't stay at either of the hotels, they're charged $50 at the door. So....pretty much everyone competing will be staying at those hotels. Get ready for lots of dancing and lots of curly hair!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 04-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #83
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Ooohhhh I couldn't see the calendar at work because they have Bebo blocked, so I got to see it tonight! How cute! It looks like y'all had fun making it.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:06 AM   #84
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Wow you calendar is so cute and you guys look like you had lots of fun making it
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #85
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Love your countdown calendar! I like the notepad at the top, ripping off the days as they go by is always more fun
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #87
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I love your countdown calendar! It's very cute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Love it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Aw, your countdown calendar is cute!!
Thanks ladies! I'm pleased with it for a first attempt! we really did have a fun evening although my dad was baffled that we were sitting in the house making a calendar for fun! he's a very busy outdoors person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Wow, that video was great! I would love to see something like that live. I can see them getting jobs working for Cirque!

Glad you liked it! I really hope they win the overall competition! Cirque...on my to-do list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsdad View Post
Hi, I didn't even know the American National C'ships were on until Meghan (post below) let me know...the type of dancing I do in Ireland is basically the same but more traditional in that we are not allowed wigs, faketan, makeup on U13's etc...and a few other small differences, but I am hoping to drop by and see some of the team dancing which appears to be on Monday 5th...

would you be interested in seeing the dancing or just wondering about busy-ness/crowd levels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I can answer part of your question. The Nationals for Irish dance are being held at the Swan and Dolphin at that time. If people don't stay at either of the hotels, they're charged $50 at the door. So....pretty much everyone competing will be staying at those hotels. Get ready for lots of dancing and lots of curly hair!

That's a stiff cover charge!!! thanks for the info, will need to add that to the budget if we can find time to drop by! but clashes with our Magic Kingdom day so not sure of the practicalities yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Ooohhhh I couldn't see the calendar at work because they have Bebo blocked, so I got to see it tonight! How cute! It looks like y'all had fun making it.
We really did, my Best friend and DBF were doubtful at the start but once we got going was good craic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Wow you calendar is so cute and you guys look like you had lots of fun making it
Thanks! are you thinking of making one stefy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Love your countdown calendar! I like the notepad at the top, ripping off the days as they go by is always more fun

This is my first countdown calendar and would have loved the mickey heads but we don't have Home depot and I wasn't about to start cutting out 100 mickey heads! but as you say ripping off the days will be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Cute calendar! Anything with glue and glitter is fab! Looks like you had fun making it!
The glue and glitter were flowing a little too freely, as can be seen on the ceiling shot! but was definitely a fun evening! plus cutting and sticking makes me feel like i'm back in school!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #88
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Heading off on Saturday for a hen party in Glasgow, Scotland...we are going a tour on a party bus on Saturday night which involves entertainment and games on a doubledecker bus and stops at 4 different bars and nightclubs and a free shot in each one! and on Sunday its cocktails in TGI Fridays! and lots of shopping and maybe spa time in between, so I will be MIA all weekend!

Got some nice items for the hen weekend which thought would post up...

Me and my sister had a lovely day shopping in Belfast on Sunday and as well as some hen stuff attire I also got some new holiday items!!!

The Havainna's as per the advice of previous posts (thanks for all the footwear comments!), coudn't find Reef's so my choice was made a bit easier! thought white would get dirty too easily, and red mightn't match all my pink items so went with these...

Got a new bikini, can never have too many of those! don't know how practical a bikini will be in wet n' wild etc will prob need to get a new swimsuit too!

These were on special offer and my curly mop will definitely need all these in the Florida heat! The Venus is in case I get so frustrated I just decide to shave it all off!

My first pair of shorts this year

They should go nicely with my mum's wee surprise for trying hard in my exams...

This is to match my a striped red and white tank and was thinking might try and find a sailor mickey or minnie and stick them on?

And me and mum have loved reading through these in the past week, such nice bedtime reading material! love the fact that my mum is as obsessed as I am!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #89
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Love all of your purchases! Everything is so cute!! It sounds like you're going to have an exciting weekend. Enjoy!

I have the UG for 2010 adn the Hidden Magic book too. They are both great!

The Nationals for Irish dance are being held from July 3rd-July 7th. I actually just looked at their website and there is a $100 fee per person if you're not staying at the Swan/Dolphin (which is now sold out). It looks like they had to set aside rooms at the YC/BC, CSR and the BWI for competitors as well. I don't think you'll want to stop by and watch!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 04-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #90
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

ooohh I love all the clothes you got! The flip flops are super cute, love the color!

Have a great weekend!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: