Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #46
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
I totally want a disneymoon , not even engaged but can still hope!!!
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I want a Disney wedding

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #47
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

An exciting arrival...and disney live on stage tomorrow!

Hey y'all, have hardly had any dis time lately because have been working super hard for my exams, had 2 exams of 3.5 hours each today...grrr so treating myself to a night on disboards whilst DBF watches Barcelona vs Real Madrid.

Tomorro I am taking my 4 (almost 5) year old goddaughter and her brother (both my little cousins) to Disney Live on stage...think the main characters will be Cinderella, Belle and Snow White, very very excited!!!

Here are my latest disney bound purchases...

The headband is definitely for the Magic Kingdom, it was a cheering up present from my mum *** i've been studying hard (i photographed it on top pf my notes!), she thinks it has a very minnie mouse vibe...

This is my planning notebook (santa claus brought it), along with my 4th draft itinerary...I can say that without any embarassment on the dis! and some of my nightly reading material!

And here's the big news, our tickets have arrived!!!

I'm Donald, and DBF is Goofy, bit annoyed I didn't get a lady character but i'll build a bridge!!!

and one potential evening dress...
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #48
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Hey Cathy! Came over from Jennifer's PTR, and I'm all caught up now. I love the clothes you've bought for Disney so far, they are totally my style And the Minnie Mouse notebook is adorable!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #49
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

The Minnie notebook is so cute! And I love that you have a "fourth draft itinerary" I don't even know what number draft our itinerary is on. It's a spreadsheet on Google Docs, so I don't know how many times I've changed it since we started planning

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #50
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hi! I made it over here. Gotta catch up!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #51
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
hey stefy, the room key acts as an unlimited express pass whereas the one you buy at the gates is good for only one express queue per ride...i think... but will definitely come in handy for all the other rides. i think the queues for Harry Potter and crowds in general are going to be manic...but as long as everybody's friendly i don't mind...
OIC, cool

Love all your new purchases and I hope you enjoyed Disney Live! You must tell us all about it :

Your Minnie Notebook is so cute and I love the headband
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #52
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi!!! really hope DBF Falls in love with Disney, at the moment he's only looking forward to it *** i'm so excited...read how you wanted a bridal party photo in TOT I totally want a disneymoon , not even engaged but can still hope!!!
[/B]
I will keep my fingers crossed with you that he falls in love too!!

Oh and you are WAY ahead of me in the game...I don't even have a boyfriend and I'm dreaming of Disney weddings, moons, etc.

I LOVE your "potential evening dress". It is too cute!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #53
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Great update... I love the 'sailor' theme outfit in the beginning and the dress is beautiful! You always purchase the cutest clothes! It's nice to take a break from studies and spend some time doing things you enjoy...

Our first visit, we purchased tickets with Undercovertourist. We did have a small issue, but it was resolved quickly. I love receiving any king of Disney mail!! <3

Old 04-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #54
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Hey Cathy! Came over from Jennifer's PTR, and I'm all caught up now. I love the clothes you've bought for Disney so far, they are totally my style And the Minnie Mouse notebook is adorable!

Thanks, I like dressing up but want to tread carefully the line between fashion and comfort for disney! shorts don't look that nice on me, and trainers/sneakers just don't always work with dresses, o the trials of being a girl! what sort of shoes do you wear to the parks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
The Minnie notebook is so cute! And I love that you have a "fourth draft itinerary" I don't even know what number draft our itinerary is on. It's a spreadsheet on Google Docs, so I don't know how many times I've changed it since we started planning
think my itinerary is almost concrete now, just a little worried haven't allocated enough time to Harry Potter land!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hi! I made it over here. Gotta catch up!
Céad míle fáilte - in irish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
OIC, cool

Love all your new purchases and I hope you enjoyed Disney Live! You must tell us all about it :

Your Minnie Notebook is so cute and I love the headband
Thank you! my camera died just as we were going into disney live...rage! but will try and get some from dbf's phone, my cousins really enjoyed it, love seeing all the wee girls dressed up as the princesses but it was no disney on ice! and I understand things are going to be expensive but £10 for a bag of candyfloss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I will keep my fingers crossed with you that he falls in love too!!

Oh and you are WAY ahead of me in the game...I don't even have a boyfriend and I'm dreaming of Disney weddings, moons, etc.

I LOVE your "potential evening dress". It is too cute!!
glad you like it! I wore it last night to a friend's birthday party but i'm 5'10 so its a little short...haha glad i've got company on the disneymoon with no fiancees front! nothing to be ashamed of just not something you'd be revealing on a first date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Great update... I love the 'sailor' theme outfit in the beginning and the dress is beautiful! You always purchase the cutest clothes! It's nice to take a break from studies and spend some time doing things you enjoy...

Our first visit, we purchased tickets with Undercovertourist. We did have a small issue, but it was resolved quickly. I love receiving any king of Disney mail!! <3

Aw thanks, i really love clothes but everything i buy is pretty cheap so don't feel too bad about all these purchases!

Exams finished yesterday, was just mocks, the real ones are the last week in june

have you had any more holiday purchases, i'm looking forward to your next update!
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #55
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Thank you! my camera died just as we were going into disney live...rage! but will try and get some from dbf's phone, my cousins really enjoyed it, love seeing all the wee girls dressed up as the princesses but it was no disney on ice! and I understand things are going to be expensive but £10 for a bag of candyfloss!
Wow £10 for Candy Floss Did it come with a side of caviar?

Glad you enjoyed it though bummer about your camera though.
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #56
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]

Thanks, I like dressing up but want to tread carefully the line between fashion and comfort for disney! shorts don't look that nice on me, and trainers/sneakers just don't always work with dresses, o the trials of being a girl! what sort of shoes do you wear to the parks?
Hi!
About the park footwear.. have you tried Havaianas flip flops?!
I got a pair for October 2008 trip to WDW and wouldn't wear anything else now!
They're made of some kind of special rubber from Brazil which keeps your feet cool and doesn't rub your feet!
I have a bright pink pair, there's loads of other colours though - I'm already thinking of getting white & gold pairs for Disneymoon next year!

I did some research into good 'theme park footwear' after our trip in 2006, when I just bought pretty flipflops from Accessorize to wear in the parks - they rubbed my feet so badly that I got an infection in a cut.. my foot swelled up on the plane home & I had to be on antibiotics for three weeks once we got home! .. talk about post-disney blues! lol

Hope you've had a nice weekend! Mine's been good even though I've spent most of it studying for next exam !

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #57
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]

Havaianas! Disneybarbie took the words right out of my mouth. They are great flip flops. I never have a problem when I walk around in them at Disney. And the best thing about Havaianas (besides being super comfy) is that they come in all different designs & colors, so you could totally get away with wearing a nice solid color with a dress
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #58
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I always wear Reefs. Super comfy flips! They aren't "cute" exactly but they are not ugly. I wear them with skirts and dresses.

This is the new pair that I just bought. (I have them in almost every color! Have to buy a new pair every year because they mold to your feet, especially if they get wet.)

I haven't bought these because they are kind of expensive but how cool is this!! A bottle opener on the bottom! They make them in men's too!

NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #59
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Nikki - I am SO with you. I wear Reefs all the time to the park. They are comfortable and I find that they "break in" with a few wears and mold to my feet. They never cause blisters, and they can get wet (rain, puddles, wet rides) and dry out very quickly. I always vote Reefs!!

My all-time favorites are the Gingers.

They come in lots of colors, are inexpensive, and can dress-up or dress-down any outfit. I wore these to an afternoon charity wine-tasting today with a cute brown dress. I thought they dressed it up just nicely.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #60
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Nikki - I am SO with you. I wear Reefs all the time to the park. They are comfortable and I find that they "break in" with a few wears and mold to my feet. They never cause blisters, and they can get wet (rain, puddles, wet rides) and dry out very quickly. I always vote Reefs!!

My all-time favorites are the Gingers.

They come in lots of colors, are inexpensive, and can dress-up or dress-down any outfit. I wore these to an afternoon charity wine-tasting today with a cute brown dress. I thought they dressed it up just nicely.
That's funny! My favorites are Sandy or Lily. They are pretty much the same as Ginger but with the thicker strap.
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: