Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #31
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran
 
irishdancer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
wow looks like you had a lovely time at the spa!
lol I think we have the same hair-type.. mine wants to curl but I straighten it every day!!

Emma

ps - where is your blue coat from? I really like it! x
everyone always says how much they'd love curly hair, man o man do i disagree...!!! i would love smooth sleek hair!!! and will be a bit of a nightmare in florida's heat and humidity but hoping to learn how to do french plaits before I go...

your hair is so nice in all your photo's, what's your secret?!

the coat is primark, can't beat primark for the bargains, i have 2 sisters and one has the exact same coat in black and the other has it in shocking pink!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Thanks for the posting. It looks like you both had an amazing time! How sweet of you to book it. I loooove getting massages, Dbf not especially. He actually fell asleep during our last couples massage and complained that he was sore afterward...

Love the feeling of a new plastic!! Any luck on the tickets?

Hey!!! I love massages too but similarly, DBF not quite so big a fan...o well excuse for a girl's spa day!

Bought my flex tickets today...they cover universal studio's, islands of adventure, sea world, wet'n'wild and aquatica!!! so as soon as i pay those off i will be heading over to undercovertourist for our 7 day disney base tickets...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Ok all caught up now and am loving your plans, sounds like you guys are gonna have a blast.

You Spa weekend sounded great and the hotel looks beautiful

Loving all your holiday purchases and that Tigger Rose is so cute

Looking forward to reading more
Hey, nice to see you!!!

I don't think pre-trip reports off site are as exciting as the on-site ones, have vowed this will be my last offsite stay!!!

i loved the tigger rose because showed dbf really put some thought in!!! and of course bonus points for disney related presents!!!:
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #32
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)
 
swwake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,174

Saw your post on another PTR, so I'm subscribing! I have to go back and catch up on the 3 pages I've already missed. Can't wait to read more!
__________________
Susan, Chris, Katie (22 and in Grad School at CU - Go BUFFS!)


Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #33
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
Hey, nice to see you!!!

I don't think pre-trip reports off site are as exciting as the on-site ones, have vowed this will be my last offsite stay!!!

i loved the tigger rose because showed dbf really put some thought in!!! and of course bonus points for disney related presents!!!:
I think its nice to hear about and see PTR's/TR's about offsite resorts as there are some really cool ones out there

DBF really got it right with the Rose, v sweet and thoughtful
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #34
disneybarbie
Disney Princess
 
disneybarbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 2,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
everyone always says how much they'd love curly hair, man o man do i disagree...!!! i would love smooth sleek hair!!! and will be a bit of a nightmare in florida's heat and humidity but hoping to learn how to do french plaits before I go...

your hair is so nice in all your photo's, what's your secret?!

the coat is primark, can't beat primark for the bargains, i have 2 sisters and one has the exact same coat in black and the other has it in shocking pink!!!
it's a lovely coat... I've been trying to buy one now in the sales for next winter (especially for my trip to New York in December!! ) but not had any luck so far.

And my hair secret is.... GHD straighteners!
If you have quite new ones (2 years old or less) then they should work in the USA with a plug adaptor... I have pink ones and they work perfectly, still get up to the right temperature, which my old pair never used to!
For Florida/hot humid places... I use a Lee Stafford humdity hairspray too (from Boots), that stops my hair getting too crazy big lol.
And during the days I always wear it up out the way!

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #35
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran
 
irishdancer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Saw your post on another PTR, so I'm subscribing! I have to go back and catch up on the 3 pages I've already missed. Can't wait to read more!

I've been over to read yours too, but likewise will post when i get caught up!!! you have been on so many lovely holidays in the past few years!!! i've been to ibiza, majorca x 4, florida, kentucky and new york since nov 2007 but america is definitely my favouite!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
I think its nice to hear about and see PTR's/TR's about offsite resorts as there are some really cool ones out there

DBF really got it right with the Rose, v sweet and thoughtful
Thanks stefy, i know i've always enjoyed offsite, but reading all the pre-trip reports (like yours) has just got me so interested in staying on disney property! b but anyway better focus on this yr, and am very excited about our (one night) stay in the hard rock hotel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
it's a lovely coat... I've been trying to buy one now in the sales for next winter (especially for my trip to New York in December!! ) but not had any luck so far.

And my hair secret is.... GHD straighteners!
If you have quite new ones (2 years old or less) then they should work in the USA with a plug adaptor... I have pink ones and they work perfectly, still get up to the right temperature, which my old pair never used to!
For Florida/hot humid places... I use a Lee Stafford humdity hairspray too (from Boots), that stops my hair getting too crazy big lol.
And during the days I always wear it up out the way!

Emma x

I was in new york Nov 07 for my 21st birthday and LOVED IT...Have you been to NY before/or at that time of year? We saw Radio City Christmas spectacular...would highly recommend...still have the rockette souveneir pyjamas!!!

thaks for the tip, definitely going to try that lee stafford spray, and we have 4 pairs of ghd's between me, mum and sisters so will have to scout out the newest pair!!! with all the photo's being taken i don't want to look totally scrappy during the day, but won't have time for hours of getting ready either...drama drama
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:09 AM   #36
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,497

Staying in the Hard Rock must be exciting, it looks really cool. Can't wait to hear all about it
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #37
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,420

Hey Cathy! Just saw the link in your sig and thought I'd pop over! Plans look great so far!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #38
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran
 
irishdancer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Staying in the Hard Rock must be exciting, it looks really cool. Can't wait to hear all about it
FOTL to Harry Potter will probably be invaluable less than a month after official opening so think we made the right decision!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Hey Cathy! Just saw the link in your sig and thought I'd pop over! Plans look great so far!
your's was one of the first trip reports i ever came across so excited you've came by!!! any thoughts on my itinerary from a july expert?
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #39
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)
 
swwake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,174

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
FOTL to Harry Potter will probably be invaluable less than a month after official opening so think we made the right decision!!!
Hi. I might have bad news for you It doesn't look like Express will be offered for the Forbidden Journey attraction, according to reports. Part of this is because the queue is a large part of the attraction. I will see if I can find a link for you.

Here's the link: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201003/1818/

And specifically, they say "Universal also confirmed details about the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, which will take place in Hogwarts Castle. The queue will be part of the attraction (and so, no Universal Express access, at least initially) and begin the dungeons of the castle."

I was a little disappointed by this at first, but I think it's good to go through the entire line. I am also not sure how many times I will want to do this ride if it is going to take an hour out of my day for each ride. So it may not be such a bad thing.
__________________
Susan, Chris, Katie (22 and in Grad School at CU - Go BUFFS!)


Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR

Last edited by swwake; 03-30-2010 at 06:07 PM.
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #40
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran
 
irishdancer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post

And specifically, they say "Universal also confirmed details about the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, which will take place in Hogwarts Castle. The queue will be part of the attraction (and so, no Universal Express access, at least initially) and begin the dungeons of the castle."

I was a little disappointed by this at first, but I think it's good to go through the entire line. I am also not sure how many times I will want to do this ride if it is going to take an hour out of my day for each ride. So it may not be such a bad thing.
Yikes, not looking too good for express pass then...!!!

I spoke to a lady at reception when i booked and she did state that the room key would be valid for unlimited FOTL access and ONE FOTL access to Harry Potter and the forbidden journey! so there's still some hope!

I suppose it won't have much impact on my strategy (head to harry potter land 1st thing) but could have a big impact on my wait time! similar to yourself; if the queue-ing experience and ride itself takes an hour, even before taking in additional waiting in line time, how much of the day am i prepared to give up?!

hopefully the crowds will have died down by september and you will get a few go's!
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #41
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)
 
swwake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,174

I am looking forward to just staying at HRH. I think that experience will be fun. And I think the Express will be helpful anyway with all of the other rides and attractions, saving more time to do HP once or twice each day we're there.
__________________
Susan, Chris, Katie (22 and in Grad School at CU - Go BUFFS!)


Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:26 AM   #42
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
Yikes, not looking too good for express pass then...!!!

I spoke to a lady at reception when i booked and she did state that the room key would be valid for unlimited FOTL access and ONE FOTL access to Harry Potter and the forbidden journey! so there's still some hope!

I suppose it won't have much impact on my strategy (head to harry potter land 1st thing) but could have a big impact on my wait time! similar to yourself; if the queue-ing experience and ride itself takes an hour, even before taking in additional waiting in line time, how much of the day am i prepared to give up?!

hopefully the crowds will have died down by september and you will get a few go's!
Maybe onsite guests get certain benefits like Disney guests do with EMH.

I think the EP is worth the extra money (I hope that your talking about the one I'm thinking about ) You could always queue for that one ride and then use the EP for other rides in the park like Hulk etc
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:54 PM   #43
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post

your's was one of the first trip reports i ever came across so excited you've came by!!! any thoughts on my itinerary from a july expert?
Plans look great! I may be a summer expert but I have never been over the 4th so I'm just preparing for the worst! Haha! Honestly, I think the key is to just be prepared for lots of crowds, get to the parks early, know what you want to get done, and just soak it all in! We are Epcot people so for us, if nothing else, it's never too crowded to walk around World Showcase with a drink in hand!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #44
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,431

Hey I am here!! I think it's so awesome that you are taking your man to Disney World!! I hope he loves it!! The guy I'm into now is totally invited to our trip and doesn't want to go! He says Disney is just "not his thing". He is probably moving to Florida though! Lucky him! So he'll probably at least stop by WDW when I go. But I just know its important to have a man who at lets "gets" Disney!! Can't wait for more!!

I love all your clothes!! That bishop's former house looks amazing!! I'm in love with it!! I want to go to Ireland so bad! I have a little boy whose about a year and a half though so I probably won't do any huge, out of country traveling until he is a bit older.
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (27) , DS L (6)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #45
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran
 
irishdancer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Plans look great! I may be a summer expert but I have never been over the 4th so I'm just preparing for the worst! Haha! Honestly, I think the key is to just be prepared for lots of crowds, get to the parks early, know what you want to get done, and just soak it all in! We are Epcot people so for us, if nothing else, it's never too crowded to walk around World Showcase with a drink in hand!
Sounds good Nikki, pity DBF will be driving we will have to save our first 'drinking around the world' for when we get to stay onsite, but looking forward to finding out which park DBF likes best, my bets are on Epcot, becaue he likes science and lovely surroundings which is prob a good mix of future world and world showcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
I am looking forward to just staying at HRH. I think that experience will be fun. And I think the Express will be helpful anyway with all of the other rides and attractions, saving more time to do HP once or twice each day we're there.
watched one of the bring it on sequels this week (such a cheesy movie) and they were staying in Hard rock hotel in orlando at a cheerleading competition! DBF thought looked really 'plush', really looking forward to our short stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Maybe onsite guests get certain benefits like Disney guests do with EMH.

I think the EP is worth the extra money (I hope that your talking about the one I'm thinking about ) You could always queue for that one ride and then use the EP for other rides in the park like Hulk etc
hey stefy, the room key acts as an unlimited express pass whereas the one you buy at the gates is good for only one express queue per ride...i think... but will definitely come in handy for all the other rides. i think the queues for Harry Potter and crowds in general are going to be manic...but as long as everybody's friendly i don't mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Hey I am here!! I think it's so awesome that you are taking your man to Disney World!! I hope he loves it!! The guy I'm into now is totally invited to our trip and doesn't want to go! He says Disney is just "not his thing". He is probably moving to Florida though! Lucky him! So he'll probably at least stop by WDW when I go. But I just know its important to have a man who at lets "gets" Disney!! Can't wait for more!!

I love all your clothes!! That bishop's former house looks amazing!! I'm in love with it!! I want to go to Ireland so bad! I have a little boy whose about a year and a half though so I probably won't do any huge, out of country traveling until he is a bit older.
Hi!!! really hope DBF Falls in love with Disney, at the moment he's only looking forward to it *** i'm so excited...read how you wanted a bridal party photo in TOT I totally want a disneymoon , not even engaged but can still hope!!!

no big out of country travel means more disney time though!!! i would never consider a summer holiday in ireland, rain morning noon and night!
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alaska on July 19th, 2011 "Where a good tan is hard to find" "Got Disney" Disney Cruise Meets 2521 08-11-2011 01:34 PM
Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.3 DisneyVegas1 Disney Cruise Meets 4361 02-04-2010 03:09 PM
The Official January 2010 thread*NEW*Sorted by resort and ADR Link! alecam Doing the Happy Dance! 331 02-01-2010 06:28 PM
Goofy Support Group (AKA Goofy Challenge 2010) goofyinohio Events/Competition 1178 01-18-2010 09:11 PM
Free Dining in August 2010? AmandaSparks730 Disney Dining Plan 17 01-10-2010 01:36 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.