Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

You're taking a baby to Disney World?? Yep, we are!

"You're taking a baby to Disney World? He's not going to remember anything!" I get this question alot. Yes, we're taking him to Disney World, and you're right he probably won't remember a thing! But we will and we will enjoy every moment, and we will have tons of pictures, and we'll have our video camera to capture everything that we can! And he's also not going to remember his first Easter, Christmas, and birthday either, so should we not celebrate that?

So yes, we will be taking our little man to Disney World and we're very excited!!! Here's a little bit about our family!

DH(26) and I(27) are from Pittsburgh, PA. DH is a mechanical designer for an engineering firm and I'm a part-time hairstylist. We were married on April 25, 2009.

We honeymooned in WDW, of course!! We were in Disney from April 27 - May 4th, and stayed at the fabulous Beach Club Resort! It was DH's first trip to WDW EVER! And it was my first trip in 12 or 13 years! We had a fantastic time!

And then June 1st, we found out we were expecting our first little bundle of joy and we couldn't have been happier!

Our beautiful baby boy was born on January 7th, 2010. He is such a blessing in our lives. I cannot thank him enough for making me such a happy and proud mama!

Today Jake (DS) is 6 months old handsome as can be.

Before Jake was born, we discussed when his first trip to WDW would be. We were originally planning December 2011. We thought that would be the perfect time. He'd be a month shy of 2 years old, so he'd "get" it. But December 2011 is too far away, and I'm way too impatient to wait that long. So we decided to move the trip up to May 2011. Then last week I decided I'm still too impatient for that so I made the spontaneous decision (at 2am) to book a trip to WDW for THIS NOVEMBER. And I am super excited!!

I think Jake is excited too!

So of course this is my first time traveling with a baby, and while I am so excited, I am very nervous!!! So I started this PTR in hopes of getting tips and advice from you fabulous DISers!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

I'm here! So excited for little Jake's first trip to WDW!!!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

Old 09-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

2 months, and 2 days to go!

Only 2 months, and 2 days to go! We are getting very excited!

We are going to be in Disney World from Sunday, November 14th - Thursday, November 18th. We decided to do a short trip because it will be easier with the DS. He's on a pretty good schedule at home, and as much as I'd like to stick to his daily routine while at Disney, I think that's going to be really hard to do. So hopefully this trip won't throw him off too much.

We are staying at Old Key West! We are renting points from a DVC member for the first time. I'm excited to be able to stay at a deluxe resort for such a great price! From the pictures I've seen on here and on Disney's website, it looks like a beautiful resort!

Here's our plans for our trip:

Sunday, Nov. 14th:
Our flight leaves Pittsburgh at 6:15am. Super early, I know! But I booked this flight, hoping that DS will sleep on the plane. And so that we'll have pretty much a full day in Disney! This is the very last day of the Food and Wine Festival, and it's also the ONLY night during our trip that Fantasmic will be at Hollywood Studios. Since we saw Fantasmic last year and we've never been to F&W, I'm thinking we'll head over to Epcot.

Monday, Nov. 15th:
MAGIC KINGDOM!!! I cannot wait to take DS to Magic Kingdom. I tear up every time I see the castle. Even if it's only on tv. And the first ride we ride there will be... It's a Small World, of course!

Tuesday, Nov. 16th:
I'm undecided about this day too. I think what we'll end up doing is spending the morning at Animal Kingdom, unless we decide we need another day for MK. DH and I did not get a chance to see Festival of the Lion King last year, so I don't want to miss it again this year. We'll probably do the Safari, and maybe the Nemo musical, and then head back to the room for naps since that evening we will be going to MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY!! I already bought DS a special Baby's First Christmas outfit to wear to it!!

Wednesday, Nov. 17th:
This day depends on what we do the 14th. We will do whatever park we don't do then (either Epcot or Hollywood Studios).

Thursday, Nov. 18th:
We're leaving this day. Our plane is scheduled to leave Orlando at 1:05. We're hoping to squeeze in a character breakfast so we can say goodbye to Mickey, maybe Cape May? But this depends what time the Magical Express is picking us up to take us to the airport.

All of our plans of course depend on DS. If he's happiest playing in the pool all day, well than that's what we'll be doing!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

I love all your plans so far!!! You are going to love MVMCP! Everything about it is great, the snow on main street, the free hot chocolate and cookies. What time does your flight leave on your last day?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
loritemp
Celebrating my birthday in style...Disney Style!

Your son is so cute!!! And yipee for his first trip!!!

We took my DS1 when he was 18 months old and plan to head back when my DS2 is just 3 months old. I don't quite care what people say about their ages, I am well aware that they won't remember the trip but it's all about being in the moment with little ones. They have a blast while they are experiencing it all and my DH and I have fabulous family memories.

Can't wait to hear all about the plans!!
loritemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
moparop
DIS Veteran

Aww!!! What a sweet little guy you have there! We took my son for the first time at 7 months old and I have the best memories of him meeting characters. He had such a blast touching them and taking in everything around him. The plans look good so far! I can't wait to see how they continue to develop!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
I love all your plans so far!!! You are going to love MVMCP! Everything about it is great, the snow on main street, the free hot chocolate and cookies. What time does your flight leave on your last day?
Thanks! I'm super excited for MVMCP! I just hope Jake takes a good nap and makes it through the first parade and fireworks! I believe our flight leaves at 1:05 on the last day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loritemp View Post
Your son is so cute!!! And yipee for his first trip!!!

We took my DS1 when he was 18 months old and plan to head back when my DS2 is just 3 months old. I don't quite care what people say about their ages, I am well aware that they won't remember the trip but it's all about being in the moment with little ones. They have a blast while they are experiencing it all and my DH and I have fabulous family memories.

Can't wait to hear all about the plans!!
Awww, I love to hear from other people who took their babies to WDW and had a wonderful time!! I'm sure I will have tons of questions when it comes to packing time, so maybe you'll be able to help me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Aww!!! What a sweet little guy you have there! We took my son for the first time at 7 months old and I have the best memories of him meeting characters. He had such a blast touching them and taking in everything around him. The plans look good so far! I can't wait to see how they continue to develop!
That's so good to hear that he was good with the characters!! I'm hoping Jake is the same way and not scared! We watch lots of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, we watch the Disneyland Sing-a-long video almost every morning, and he loves his hot dog dancing Mickey toy too! So hopefully he'll totally recognize him when he sees him in person!

loritemp and moparop, do you have any pics of your little ones in disney here on disboards somewhere? I love seeing pics of babies having fun in WDW, it makes me so excited to bring Jake!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #9
kdfogliano
Mouseketeer

Enjoy!
Just got back with our 3 month old!! (2.5 yo also)

Everyone thought we were nuts too, but like you said, should we not celebrate things they wont remember!!! (great analogy!)

Have a blast! The characters love to see babies!!!! All of them gushed (in their character way) over the baby!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfogliano View Post
Enjoy!
Just got back with our 3 month old!! (2.5 yo also)

Everyone thought we were nuts too, but like you said, should we not celebrate things they wont remember!!! (great analogy!)

Have a blast! The characters love to see babies!!!! All of them gushed (in their character way) over the baby!
Thank you! Oh, yay! I'm glad to hear the characters love the babies!!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

2 months from today we'll be in WDW!!

85% of me is super excited! 15% of me is a nervous wreck!!!! I'm nervous about taking Jake on an airplane. I'm nervous how we'll get the baby, tons of luggage, and a stroller through the airport! I'm nervous about being in WDW for 5 days without a car! What if there's an emergency? Or if we forget something the baby needs and need to go to the store? I'm nervous about how well he's going to sleep in a pack n play. He's never slept anywhere other than his crib! But everything will be ok, right? Moms, I need some reassurance here!

I still can't believe that I'm even going this year! When we got back from our honeymoon last year (on May 4th), I told DH we could have a baby right away, and then take the baby to Disney in December 2011. The baby would be almost 2 years old. I found out I was pregnant on June 1st! Everything was right on schedule!

Fast forward to a year later, and I was too anxious! I couldn't wait ANOTHER year to go to Disney! So we decided we would go May 2011. That cut about 7 months off my countdown. But still wasn't good enough. One night back in July I was up surfing the web at 3:00am and started looking up vacation packages for November 2011 and airfare. I woke DH up and asked him if we could go, and he was half asleep, but he said ok! So I booked it! That was pretty easy!

Then the next day, he never mentioned the whole WDW thing to me! When we were sitting down eating dinner I said, "We're going to WDW in November, yay!" The look on his face was priceless. He said, "I thought that was all a dream!"

So yeah, I guess that's my tip for the day. If your DH is not onboard for the WDW plans, wait until he's sleeping at 3:00am.

But don't worry, everything's fine! He's excited too!

Old 09-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela0917 View Post

loritemp and moparop, do you have any pics of your little ones in disney here on disboards somewhere? I love seeing pics of babies having fun in WDW, it makes me so excited to bring Jake!
Not yet, I'll work on getting some in my PTR soon!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #13
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Not yet, I'll work on getting some in my PTR soon!
Awesome! I'm going to go check out your PTR and sub right now!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #14
loritemp
Celebrating my birthday in style...Disney Style!

Relax, it will all be ok!! I was freaked about the airport too but it was fine. Do you have a seat for your son or will you keep him on your lap? You can gate check your stroller so that makes it really simple, just keep him nice and comfy till you board and then hand the stroller off. Have a bottle and some snacks ready in case his ears pop. My son was so interested in everything around him, he didn't make a peep on our flight. And becuase we were up and going so early, he fell asleep right after take off and woke right before we landed, perfect!!

We didn't pack diapers or wipes, we had a towncar pick us up at the airport and then hit a store on the way. Next time we go we will use ME so we will most likely have those items delivered to our room.

Also, my son does not sleep anywhere but his crib! Or at least doesn't sleep well. We were really worried about that down there but we had a crib brought to our room and he was so wiped out every night that he slept just fine! One suggestion, bring your own sheet for the crib or pack and play. Just so he has something familiar, with a familiar smell, ya know?

I don't have any pics up here but I think I have a bunch on FB, let me look and I will either PM you with my FB info or throw a few up here.
loritemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

I think he will be fine! He is such a good baby. Did you look into ordering things from Garden Grocer? They ship it right to you hotel the day you arrive. It isn't that much more expensive than in the grocery store either. We have never done it but we have looked at it for this trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: