Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Queen, Jasmine and a Disney Virgin...will he love it like we do?

I cannot believe that I just finished our August 2009 TR and I get to write a PTR for our next trip that is seriously right around the corner!!! We are feeling truly blessed right now that we are fortunate enough to be able to go back to our favorite place after being there only 5 months ago.

Let me first introduce you to the cast of characters that will be embarking on this journey....

First there is me Queenofallthings...I became unnaturally addicted to the World in 1998 when we went for our very first trip. I thought for so long something was wrong with me for my, lack of a better word, obsession with this place....that is until I found all of you....now I know it's perfectly ok to eat, sleep and drink Disney!!!!!

Next is my lovely and wonderful 17 year old daughter Jasmine. This trip is truly all about her (isn't everything when their 17) as she is graduating from high school in June, so now you know, that is what we are celebrating on this trip.

Finally, Thomas, Jasmine's equally wonderful 17 year old boyfriend who we love to death. They are graduating together and I thought what better way to celebrate than to take them both....the only question now was, would his parents let him go???

Here's a couple of pictures so you know who's doing all the yacking on here...

So the whole trip started out with Jasmine and I going. I asked Thomas if he thought his parents would let him go and he said he didn't think so. Being the pursuasive person that I amsaid it never hurts to ask, all they can say is no. I told him all he would be responsible for his airfare, that I would take care of everything else....what was I thinking, I clearly forgot how much a 17 year old boy eats.....

I made sure the kids wouldn't miss any school as it is their semester break. When Thom first asked his dad, he instantly said no.....we were all very disappointed. The following morning, however, his mom mentioned it to him and Thomas said "Dad said no". Mama to the rescue. She talked to his dad and said what a great opportunity this would be for him.....DONE!!! We were so excited....let the planning begin.

Ok...now I need to be completely honest....I had made the reservations including him...how presumptious was that of me I figured worst case scenerio, I take him off the room.

So, we are officially booked Jan 29 - Feb 7 at All Star Movies in a preferred room. We took advantage of that deal with the $300 gift card....I booked the first 5 days with the deal then 4 days of room only. I will add on 4 more days to the passes when we arrive

I look forward to sharing this trip with all of you!!! My intentions are to get up the ADR's tomorrow...the children seem to want dinner right now God forbid they should actually make dinner......

Old 01-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I got your PM and I get to be the first to post.

Beat you HyperMommy! Is there a smiley with your tongue sticking out? If there was I would post it here for you. Since I can't find it you'll have to use your imagination.

p.s. Your link in your siggie didn't work. You'll have to be nice to Geodec again.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hi Queen! I'm in! Can't wait to see all of your plans. I've said it a million times but you and Jas are too cute. I hope my daughters and I have the same type of relationships when they are 17.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 01-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I got your PM and I get to be the first to post.

Beat you HyperMommy! Is there a smiley with your tongue sticking out? If there was I would post it here for you. Since I can't find it you'll have to use your imagination.

p.s. Your link in your siggie didn't work. You'll have to be nice to Geodec again.
You are too funny...Hypermommy is gonna take you out....hopefully she'll take all of us out when we have our girls only trip!!!!

Thanks for the heads up...I will call him in a little bit and get him to fix that for me!!!

I'm so glad you're back, we are so excited for this trip!!! But then again who am I kidding, we get excited for every trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Hi Queen! I'm in! Can't wait to see all of your plans. I've said it a million times but you and Jas are too cute. I hope my daughters and I have the same type of relationships when they are 17.
And you my friend are far too kind! I am sure you will, when Jas was little I was very strict...well up until end of grade 10I was very strict, her friends used to make fun of her because I was so strict. But now, she knows the rules, knows if she messes up life as she knows it is over, and I've never had a problem. I too love the fact that she still wants to vacation with me!! I told her before I die I want to go to Fiji and stay in one of those huts where the floors are glass and you can see the fish....she said "ok mom, we'll do that"....brought a tear to my eye.

I am going to go and post another installment, I'm so glad you're back. If you want me to send the girls a postcard from their favorite characterwhile we're there, PM me your address. We did this with my nieces and they couldn't believe Snow White and Sleeping Beauty sent them a postcard
Old 01-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I have been up for a while now with all intentions to get some laundry done, wash the kitchen and bathroom floors, dust, vacuum, you know, the usual weekend routines if you're a working girl.....well I feel that I should probably be quiet until Jasmine get's up...she hasn't been able to sleep in for quite a while....well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

Now where did I leave off....oh yeah, we're going to Disney in 19 days. Ok, there I got it out without screaming in the house As I told you previously, Thomas is coming with us....Thomas doesn't have a passport so as soon as his parents agreed that he could come with us, we got on the passport thing right away. On New Years Eve, I took the kids downtown with me in the morning to the Passport office at 730....for some reason I thought it opened at 730...nope 8am....oh well let's just enjoy our time together in line...yes there was already a line but we were fifth so not bad at all. No problems at all with the application or pictures so off we went. The kids dropped me off at work and they continued home as they both had to work. The lovely young lady at the passport office (that's sarcasm) told us it should arrive on January 15, good, two weeks before we leave in case something happens we still have 2 weeks.

Originally I had it planned we would only go for the 5 nights 6 days offer, but that's a lot of money to go for that time, especially when airfares from where we live aren't cheap. The only thing holding us back was both Jasmine and Thomas have exams, Jas on the 1st and Thom on the 2nd.....so I called the school to see if Jasmine could write on the 29th (exams actually start that day) and they said no problem. Really really you're not kiddingWoo hoo...got right on the phone and asked Thomas if he thought his mom would be ok with him writing on Fri and that I was going to call her. She said no problem too and called the school.

Now it comes down to flights. We live in central Canada where usually there are no direct flights to Orlando from Winnipeg, however, right now, Westjet is flying direct on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday's....but it's almost $400 each way for each of us....too expensive. So I am keeping my eye on the 1pm flight through Toronto and then onto Orlando or the 325pm flight. I am hoping for the 1pm as it gives us 3 hours in Toronto, customs can be a nightmare here, so I'd rather sit around and watch planes land and take off then be running like a mad woman through the airport (trust me, this is not a pretty sight) Once in Toronto our flight to Orlando departs at 810pm and arrives at 1055pm. We have been so spoiled in years passed with magical express getting our bags, I hope I don't mess us and forget to get them.

As I sit here and write this all I can think about is the luggage...and how badly I want to get it out and put it on the spare bed Jasmine will make fun of me and call me a freak....it's what she does....she constantly uses the word obsessed....cheekly little monkey I think I will wait until next weekend though. I do work right up until the day before we leave and that evening I have a hair appt which usually takes a couple of hours, but at least I can get last minute things done in the morning after I drop Jasmine off at school. Peg, my darling sister, will be picking us up and taking us to the airport with Mini Montana. We will just pick the kids up from school and head straight to the airport...we only live about 10 - 15 minutes away depending on traffic.

I will leave you with this and go and do some laundry!!! Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Yay for the school letting them write early! That's great. I hope you get the flights you want. I start segregating things weeks before the trip but I hide them so DH doesn't know I'm doing it. He thinks I'm a freak too.

Good luck with the laundry! I have that and some homework to do..
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 01-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

That's great they'll let the kids write their exams early. Not all schools are that acommadating.

I guess I've been spoiled with flying out of buffalo. We don't always do direct but even Dh said after our last three hour layover in Atlanta, that from now on I've go the okay to pay extra for direct. So I've got direct for our July trip. Yay! But you know if you ever have a long layover in Toronto, let me know. I just might be convinced to come down and help you pass the time.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 01-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Yay for the school letting them write early! That's great. I hope you get the flights you want. I start segregating things weeks before the trip but I hide them so DH doesn't know I'm doing it. He thinks I'm a freak too.

Good luck with the laundry! I have that and some homework to do..
Oh good, I'm glad it's not just me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
That's great they'll let the kids write their exams early. Not all schools are that acommadating.

I guess I've been spoiled with flying out of buffalo. We don't always do direct but even Dh said after our last three hour layover in Atlanta, that from now on I've go the okay to pay extra for direct. So I've got direct for our July trip. Yay! But you know if you ever have a long layover in Toronto, let me know. I just might be convinced to come down and help you pass the time.
I have to say I was surprised when it was that easy to switch...I think the fact that they are both honor roll students with perfect attendance maybe had something to do with it

We definitely aren't flying direct, I don't want to wait until Sunday when we can leave Friday so Friday it is. If we ever have a long layover, I will be sure to let you know....it would sure help pass the time!! I don't mind a bit of a layover on the way home because I am in serious need of my Tim Horton's coffee, but going, I just want to get there
Old 01-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

Hi Queen.....Tech Support here.
The link to this thread in you sig now works!!
However it looks like your countdown timer is squeezing out most of the text on the bottom. Do you want to change it???

Geodoc
Old 01-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #10
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodoc View Post
Hi Queen.....Tech Support here.
The link to this thread in you sig now works!!
However it looks like your countdown timer is squeezing out most of the text on the bottom. Do you want to change it???

Geodoc
Hi Tech Support...I mean Geodoc

Thank you so much for assisting your computer illiterate SIL. Anyhoo, I noticed that, can you fix that too? I would greatly appreciate that!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #11
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

How did I miss that you started your PTR!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL You are off to a great start! Can't wait to hear more of your plans!!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 01-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm late

I clicked on the link your signature a couple days ago and it said unknown thread

can't wait to hear about your adrs!!!!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 01-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #13
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
How did I miss that you started your PTR!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL You are off to a great start! Can't wait to hear more of your plans!!!
I'm not sure, did you get my PM? I hope I sent it properly....oh well, you're here now and that's all that matters!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Sorry I'm late

I clicked on the link your signature a couple days ago and it said unknown thread

can't wait to hear about your adrs!!!!
I thought I knew what I was doing with my link in my signature.....I didn't I had to enlist the help of Geodoc....my BIL...thank goodness he knows what he is doing.

I'm so glad you're back
Old 01-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #14
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I'm in too! Those kids are so lucky that you are treating them to a graduation trip! I can't think of a better place to celebrate that milestone (and that's why we celebrated caitlin's there 2 years ago wow can't believe it's been 2 years already!) Anyway, looking forward to hearing all your plans and escaping the winter blahs with your TR!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
DisneyMomLiz
Mouseketeer

Hi Queen, just finished reading your TR and came over to join in on the PTR. Been off the boards for a while, but glad to come back and catch up on your TR and now excited to join you for the PTR. You and Jas are so sweet and that Thomas I hope you all have a fabulous time.

Looking forward to the next update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: