Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
DizOz
DIS Veteran

Sept/Oct Planners Check in here

Those travelling in December can do so why not Sept/Oct travellers.

Our family is travelling to DL,WDW and a Disney Cruise during September and October this year.

Are there any other Aussie DISer's travelling at that time?? What are you plans?

See our PTR here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2307165

DizOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
CairnsGirl
Earning My Ears

Hi Diz Oz!

I am also planning our trip for September/October 2010

I will be traveling with my DD 23 and her friend as well as my DS 16.

My sister in law and my nephew are still deciding if they will be able to join us.

Our plan is to visit Las Vegas for 4 nights before heading over to Disney World for 6 nights. We will then be going on the Disney Cruise for 3 nights before returning to Disney World for another 3 nights.

After leaving the world we will be staying at the Royal Pacific Resort at Universal for 7 nights to take in all the other Orlando theme parks and also visit Kennedy Space Centre.

I am hoping to get a good deal on flights with V Australia. At the moment all the flights are cheap up till June and then go up another $400.00 for travel during September and October. I remember from last year that some of the good deals came out at the end of February into March.

I will sit tight and keep my fingers crossed!
CairnsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
AussiePJ
Mouseketeer

We are going to Disneyworld for 6 days, UNiversal area for 3 and then driving up through the Carolinas and Georgia to New York starting late Sept and ending around the 20th of October.

Anyone in Orlando in Oct do the Halloween Horror Nights at Universal and spend the extra for the express pass.
AussiePJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Hi

Hi all, we are travelling to Barcelona to bring the Disney Magic back to Florida - then we'll have a week or so at WDW and maybe a couple of days at DL on the way back.

We live for Disney

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
Oz-kateer
DIS Veteran

We'll be at WDW Sept 23 until Oct 4 and then in LA from Oct 5 until Oct 9

Have already booked (and paid for most of) the ground content but waiting on the cheap fares. Delta is the best way to go for us, it gets us into MCO in the evening - V Aust gets you in at the crack of dawn.

Agree with fares CairnsGirl - we went to WDW same time last year and the "cheap" fares were all announced in late Feb, you had to book and pay by end of April. Then they crept up by a few hundred dollars. But not as much as full fare - which is nearly $3000!!

Sept 2014: DCL/WDW/DLR
Sept 2012: DL Paris
Sept/Oct 2011:WDW POFQ
Sept/Oct 2010:WDW POP
Sept/Oct 2009: WDW POP
Nov 1997: WDW/DLR
April 1995: WDW
1992: WDW/DLR/EURODISNEY
1990: WDW/DLR ~ 1988: WDW/DLR ~ 1975: DLR
Oz-kateer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
DizOz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CairnsGirl View Post
Hi Diz Oz!

I am also planning our trip for September/October 2010

I will be traveling with my DD 23 and her friend as well as my DS 16.

My sister in law and my nephew are still deciding if they will be able to join us.

Our plan is to visit Las Vegas for 4 nights before heading over to Disney World for 6 nights. We will then be going on the Disney Cruise for 3 nights before returning to Disney World for another 3 nights.

After leaving the world we will be staying at the Royal Pacific Resort at Universal for 7 nights to take in all the other Orlando theme parks and also visit Kennedy Space Centre.

I am hoping to get a good deal on flights with V Australia. At the moment all the flights are cheap up till June and then go up another $400.00 for travel during September and October. I remember from last year that some of the good deals came out at the end of February into March.

I will sit tight and keep my fingers crossed!
CairnsGirl

Sounds like a pretty full on trip like ours. Wish our girls were a little older loved to go back to Vegas for a few nights.

I see Qantas is offering our US cousins $859 return ex LA or SF. I wish they would look after us Aussies as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePJ View Post
We are going to Disneyworld for 6 days, UNiversal area for 3 and then driving up through the Carolinas and Georgia to New York starting late Sept and ending around the 20th of October.

Anyone in Orlando in Oct do the Halloween Horror Nights at Universal and spend the extra for the express pass.
PJ sounds great I would love to do a driving holiday through the east coast states right through to New England. Maybe one day DW and I can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post
Hi all, we are travelling to Barcelona to bring the Disney Magic back to Florida - then we'll have a week or so at WDW and maybe a couple of days at DL on the way back.

We live for Disney
Paul that sounds great. Often thought about doing a around the world style trip. Airfares would most probably be cheaper than what we are doing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz-kateer View Post
We'll be at WDW Sept 23 until Oct 4 and then in LA from Oct 5 until Oct 9

Have already booked (and paid for most of) the ground content but waiting on the cheap fares. Delta is the best way to go for us, it gets us into MCO in the evening - V Aust gets you in at the crack of dawn.

Agree with fares CairnsGirl - we went to WDW same time last year and the "cheap" fares were all announced in late Feb, you had to book and pay by end of April. Then they crept up by a few hundred dollars. But not as much as full fare - which is nearly $3000!!
Ozkateer

I will keep an ear out for an aussie twang as we will be there at the same time. Last time we went only saw/heared one other Aussie.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
GrazingGoat1966
Mouseketeer

DizOz, We have just received our confirmation from DVC for 9 nights at the AKL at WDW from Aug30 to Sep 8. We are going for 5 weeks to the states (my wife's Mum and husband live in Arizona) so a 15 day road trip from Vegas visiting 15ish national parks through Az, Utah, Montana, Washington State, Oregon, and California before we fly to Orlando will see us home and hosed. Add 6 nights in Vegas and we are already counting the days.
Air New Zealand had a ripping fair from Perth to Vegas at the right time for us for $1700 odd per adult inc taxes. 12 hour layover in Auckland is the only major pain in the backside, but that is a bloody good rate. This will be our 6th trip to the states and our 3rd to WDW and we've never got a price as good as that.

Enjoy your trip. Seems like there will (as usual!!) be a few Australian accents floating around Disney property in Sept.
1997 Dec Disneyland Anaheim and WDW Florida
2006 Sep Disneyland Anaheim
2008 Sep Disneyland Anaheim and WDW Florida
2010 Sep WDW Florida
2013 Sep WDW Florida
2016 Dec WDW Florida (Already planning for the big 5oh)
GrazingGoat1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePJ View Post
Where abouts are you planning to go to in Georgia and South Carolina?
I only ask because we were just there last month.
We stayed at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort which is beautiful and a wonderful relaxing resort. We did a day trip from there to Savannah which was nice enough but I wasn't impressed like with Charleston.
We spent a few nights in Charleston visiting a couple of plantations, historic homes and just walking around the beautiful city.
Macon is a smaller beautiful town.
We stayed a few nights in Atlanta as well getting the Citipass. Loved visiting Coke.

queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
CairnsGirl
Earning My Ears

I was checking the flights for V Australia for September yesterday and all the V Promo fares are gone for the day I was hopping to travel.

I now will be paying another $200! My total fare from Cairns will be near $2000.

Does anyone think they will release any more specials for the September/October travel period?

I really did not want to book this early and know as soon as I do more specials might come out.

What does everyone think?
Old 01-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

I'm joining the Sept/Oct planners.

We are going from 14th Sept to 13th Oct to NY for 7 nights then 22 nights at WDW (8 nights at AKL and 14 nights at Beach Club). So excited.

Have already booked and paid deposits on the accommodation for WDW, but just a bit unsure of where to stay in NY. Looking at the Doubletree in Times Square. Anybody stayed there?

We have our plane tickets already from here to NY return flying Qantas, got a deal through that was ending in Jan, so grabbed it. Now just have to get the internal flights and NY accom and we are set to go.

Anybody else taking their children out of school. School holidays are only two weeks and we are going for 4 Feeling a bit nervous about taking my son out of school for that long, have done it before but only for a day or two, not 12 days So have even been considering changing to a month in June/July because of the longer school holidays.

Anyway too excited to think about it
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel

Last edited by aussietravellers; 07-06-2010 at 07:36 PM.
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
CairnsGirl
Earning My Ears

Hi Aussietravellers,

I am taking my son (15) out of school for our September trip. He will miss the last week of school and also four days of the return week.

We feel that going all the way to Orlando would be far to rushed to cover everything in two weeks. Normally they don't do much in the last week of school and as long as all his assignments are in he should be ok.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #12
aussiegirls
DIS Veteran

Just a little tip for those going in Sept/Oct. If you get a chance to go to the Trick or Treat party, do it!!!!

We went last year and it was sooooooo awesome. We all got hundreds of pieces of candy each and the whole idea of trick or treating (which my kids had never done) was such fun. We loved DCA (maybe even more than Disneyland ) and a night in there with trick or treating and all the characters out and about was just amazing. Definately worth the extra ticket price

xxx
Old 01-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
DizOz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirls View Post
Just a little tip for those going in Sept/Oct. If you get a chance to go to the Trick or Treat party, do it!!!!

We went last year and it was sooooooo awesome. We all got hundreds of pieces of candy each and the whole idea of trick or treating (which my kids had never done) was such fun. We loved DCA (maybe even more than Disneyland ) and a night in there with trick or treating and all the characters out and about was just amazing. Definately worth the extra ticket price

xxx
Aussiegirls,

Did your kids get dressed up for the Trick or Trea party? My 2 DD want to get costumes for the MNSSHP when we go in Sept/Oct. I want to find out if you can hire costumes there or ifI need to take them with us.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #14
aussiegirls
DIS Veteran

DizOz, we did get dressed up - including me. My girls brought costumes with them from home. They both dressed up as Coraline which was pretty easy to bring as it was just a raincoat, gumboots, jeans and a blue wig. They actually ended up getting soooooo many compliments from the CM's for the originality of their costume.

If I were you I would try to bring one from home. Mainly because it will save you having to spend Disney time running around Anaheim trying to find one.

xxx
Old 01-27-2010, 11:12 PM   #15
AussiePJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Where abouts are you planning to go to in Georgia and South Carolina?
Hi Queenie, we are staying at St Augustine (FL) then a night in Savannah and a night in Charleston. Pretty open from there on up.
AussiePJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: