Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #3751
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

So, will there be a race to see who has the last word on DDC III?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #3752
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Check out these photos that are posted on the Disney Parks Blog of Space Shuttle Discovery's launch this morning, as viewed behind Cinderella Castle.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-world/

I was able to "see" one launch. We were in Orlando Airport waiting to get on our flight back home. All the TVs in the place were watching the live countdown on CNN. As soon as the clock hit all "0"s, just about everyone in the place headed for the windows. The windows in our concourse were facing south, but we were able to look just east enough to see the fireball and exhaust trail. Not the optimum viewing platform, but an awesome sight none the less.
And for those of you with upcoming trips, the last 3 shuttle missions scheduled before the fleet is retired are scheduled for May 14, July 29 and September 16. I won't get another chance to see a lunch, but hopefully one of us will!
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #3753
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

i see we are still here.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 04-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #3754
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Check out these photos that are posted on the Disney Parks Blog of Space Shuttle Discovery's launch this morning, as viewed behind Cinderella Castle.

I was able to "see" one launch. We were in Orlando Airport waiting to get on our flight back home. All the TVs in the place were watching the live countdown on CNN. As soon as the clock hit all "0"s, just about everyone in the place headed for the windows. The windows in our concourse were facing south, but we were able to look just east enough to see the fireball and exhaust trail. Not the optimum viewing platform, but an awesome sight none the less.
And for those of you with upcoming trips, the last 3 shuttle missions scheduled before the fleet is retired are scheduled for May 14, July 29 and September 16. I won't get another chance to see a lunch, but hopefully one of us will!
thats pretty good!!! ive never seen the shuttle or apollo for that mater go up will i was in florida. thats another place id like to go again is the space center. dw just loves it there. the last we were there was 1986. she even rolled her eyes when i wanted to go on mission to mars!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 04-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #3755
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

I had to come by here and give a shout out to the Poly IPO folks. My 180+10 ADR date is today. I decided to talk advantage of the Itinerary Planning Office (I mean, I'm already paying for it) and Emailed them my ADR requests. Then, just last night, I was going back over our plans and realized that three of the dinner ADR are probably too late. So I sent an Email asking them to make those ADRs for earlier times, if the Email wasn't getting to them too late.

I just got an Email back from them, with an attached PDF containing a list of the ADRs, times, and confirmation numbers. They got me every ADR I requested (including the late changes), within no more than 10 minutes of my requested times, including a CRT breakfast, Boma, and an Akershaus dinner. Color me impressed! I was really nervous about giving up control of the ADR process to someone else (I mean, what if they COULDN'T get me what I'd asked for?), but not having to get up early on a Monday morning and not having to worry about possible Internet connection problems (we had a pretty good storm last night, and I was worried it might take the cable out), and not having to hide what I was doing if the kids woke up while booking was in progress (the trip is a secret), plus having already paid for Concierge Level service pushed me over the top. And I'm really glad it did.
to the Polynesian IPO CMs. (And that IS the thumb )
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 04-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #3756
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
I just got an Email back from them, with an attached PDF containing a list of the ADRs, times, and confirmation numbers. They got me every ADR I requested (including the late changes), within no more than 10 minutes of my requested times, including a CRT breakfast, Boma, and an Akershaus dinner. Color me impressed!
That's awesome! Congrats on that good news.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #3757
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:
I had to come by here and give a shout out to the Poly IPO folks. My 180+10 ADR date is today. I decided to talk advantage of the Itinerary Planning Office (I mean, I'm already paying for it) and Emailed them my ADR requests. Then, just last night, I was going back over our plans and realized that three of the dinner ADR are probably too late. So I sent an Email asking them to make those ADRs for earlier times, if the Email wasn't getting to them too late.

I to the Polynesian IPO CMs. (And that IS the thumb )
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
That's awesome! Congrats on that good news.
Apparetly, 75 posts aren't enough to lose the "earning my ears" status. What are ADR 180 + 10?
If there is a way to make ADR's 190 days out, instead of 180, then please share. I'm "all ears" as it were. (i'm going to give myself a BOO on that one.)
Old 04-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #3758
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was really hoping for some form of technical glitch to be discovered over the weekend that would have forced them to reschedule for when we are there. Oh well, i'm just happy it went off smoothly.

I did find out this morning that they are scheduled to land while we are there on April 19th. I've been trying all morning to see if there is any kind of viewing of the landing available. It wouldn't be as exciting as a liftoff but just to see the shuttle in the air would be very cool.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 04-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #3759
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post
Apparetly, 75 posts aren't enough to lose the "earning my ears" status. What are ADR 180 + 10?
If there is a way to make ADR's 190 days out, instead of 180, then please share. I'm "all ears" as it were. (i'm going to give myself a BOO on that one.)
You can start to place reservations at 180 days out from check-in. The +10 is to cover the days you are there since technically if it was just 180 days you would only be able to make reservations for the day you checked in and have to wait until the next day to reservations for the day after you check in.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 04-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #3760
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
You can start to place reservations at 180 days out from check-in. The +10 is to cover the days you are there since technically if it was just 180 days you would only be able to make reservations for the day you checked in and have to wait until the next day to reservations for the day after you check in.
Put another way, you can begin making ADRs at 180 days out from the beginning of your reservation. At that time, you can make ADRs for the length of your reservation, up to 10 more days. It keeps you from having to call-in/log-in day-after-day to make ADRs for all of the days of your reservation.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #3761
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Put another way, you can begin making ADRs at 180 days out from the beginning of your reservation. At that time, you can make ADRs for the length of your reservation, up to 10 more days. It keeps you from having to call-in/log-in day-after-day to make ADRs for all of the days of your reservation.
Thank You AJRitz, I was confused on that too.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #3762
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
I did find out this morning that they are scheduled to land while we are there on April 19th. I've been trying all morning to see if there is any kind of viewing of the landing available. It wouldn't be as exciting as a liftoff but just to see the shuttle in the air would be very cool.
I don't know if Kennedy Space Center allows you to watch the landing, like you would with a launch. I wouldn't make the trek over there for it anyway, as they can make the decision only a few hours in advance to land at either of the main backup landing facilities (Edwards Air Force Base in California or White Sands Space Harbor in New Mexico).
I doubt you'd get a good view from anywhere in WDW, either. The landing strip at Kennedy runs basically North-South, so the shuttle has gone either direction to get lined up well before passing Orlando.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #3763
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post

Well I got my Cuisinart Soft Serve Machine last week. And I promptly cleaned it and put the freezing bowl into my freezer.

Today I check the Tracking on my Pineapple Dole Whip mix.

I have a Jug of water in the Fridge chilling to make a batch of mix.

Guess whats for dessert tonight.

I'm thinking about working on another T-shirt design without a Disney character. I don't know how well that will go over, if at all.

Quote:

We saw a large rocket go up once but never a shuttle. My cousins own a condo in Cape Canaveral where they spend the winters. They saw the launch and commented about how great it was on their Facebook page.
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #3764
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Thank You AJRitz, I was confused on that too.
Awesome. I don't need to change my outlook reminder then. I was 'hoping' that i could do all my ADR's in one fell swoop, and I can!
Now, if only there are still places to eat on 12/30 and 12/31 if I'm not checking in until 12/27...
Old 04-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #3765
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Apparetly, 75 posts aren't enough to lose the "earning my ears" status.
It's been a long time, but I think you have to hit 100.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dad's, dis

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: