Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #3736
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to scan these and share them with us! Sounds like you've got a lot of memories to go through. I was just thinking this weekend, how many pictures would I have if there were digital photos back when I was a kid? It's just soooo easy to take pictures now-a-days.

Did anyone else notice the size of the crowd in this pic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
These were also the days that you could ride the Skyway right through the center of the Matterhorn Bobsleds.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 04-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #3737
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
aahhhemmm!!!

21 days to get DDC-IV setup.
20 days to finish Spring of 2009 TR.
Plenty of time....

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #3738
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to scan these and share them with us! Sounds like you've got a lot of memories to go through. I was just thinking this weekend, how many pictures would I have if there were digital photos back when I was a kid? It's just soooo easy to take pictures now-a-days.
Oh man I know. We go to WDW and come home with 1,200-2,000 pics each trip. Or to DL and come home with 500-750.

I was calculating it out, and I have about 1,500-1,750 pics from my entire childhood. I have all of my parent's negatives, and that's where all these pics came from, scanned negatives. Most of the packs were 24 shot rolls, some were 36, so I'm not exactly sure how many I have...yet. So far I've scanned about 100 of them. Each of those Disneyland days were a single roll of film - for the entire day... and such interesting choices of photos too.

Quote:
Did anyone else notice the size of the crowd in this pic??
Just a typical spring (and summer) day at Disneyland. That's definitely one thing that is very, very noticeable for WDW vets who are first-timers to DL. The park is smaller than the MK - plus there's just more stuff in that park vs. the MK - all shoved into less acreage. The walkways are more crowded and you can feel it so much faster than you do at the MK. When the company was first planning the MK - the imagineers were definitely working on Walt's desire to "fix" some of the problems inherent at DL. Wider walkways, sidewalks & space between attraction queues was a huge fix!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #3739
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

STOPHER, great pics!!! i wish i had the pics from when i was a kid. the oldest pics i have are from the early 80s.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #3740
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

is there a did dads iv yet?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #3741
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
Don's working on it.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #3742
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Not yet... but it will be ready when we need it

Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #3743
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not yet... but it will be ready when we need it
cool so we can keep going to see how long they will let us go on this one!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #3744
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
come on 186 and you are complaining???? I cant remeber 186 As long as my scale read below 230 I am happy that means I am holding ground. But the peanut butter eggs are just to good to turn down
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
186...sheeesh...whiner.......I weighted 165 when Shari and I got married in 2000...she cooks like Paula Dean...now I see lots of 2's when I get on the scale...oh well....fat and happy I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
162 when I met my wife in Feb 2006, Today 208. It's so strange I don't have 3 hours to spend at the gym everyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post
I'm in on this. Day I met my DW: 170. Now, my Wii Fit says I'm 207.

Of course, that was 14 years ago... and I was 17... and I'm 6'5".

But still, it has been her cooking (and baking) skills that have made the difference.
(Note: I've been instructed that "baking" and "cooking" are different)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
A few years ago I topped out at just over 250. I started watching my food intake and walking the dogs more and more. I was digging through one of DW's scrapbooks and found a receipt for the tux I rented for our high school prom - I was 200. The heck with the "freshman 15", I had the freshman 50! I'm happy to say this morning I weighed in at 204.
That was this morning. I may have had a few peanut butter eggs and jelly beans today.
186lb dont sound bad to you guys who are over 6ft. im only 5'8"!!! ya well, im happy and i dont smell like an ash tray anymore!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #3745
stopher1

Quote:
STOPHER, great pics!!! i wish i had the pics from when i was a kid. the oldest pics i have are from the early 80s.
Thanks.

I don't have very many actual pics from when I was a kid - my mom divided the ones she didn't want between my brother and I (not many - she kept most of them) but DID give me all of the negatives for safe keeping. Sadly the first year+ of my life were all polaroids (remember those? NO negatives! but you get a developed pic in about a minute) that disappeared somewhere along the road in the move from their apartment to the house they bougt in '71 that I grew up in. They backtracked, etc, but never did find that (and another )box that fell out of the truck. At least I have my grandparents' slides from that year. (This reason right here, is part of why DW and I have pretty much "over-compensated" with pics even long before we ever got a digital camera... I didn't want any of my children to miss out on any part of their childhood photographically).

I have a slide/negative scanner - and it's a long process - but I'm getting through them all slowly. About 5 years ago I went through and scanned my grandparents' 2,300 slides from 1950-1980 to be put on CD's as a Christmas present for my mom, her sister, my brother and our cousins. So eventually all of these images I'm currently scanning will be put on a CD for my brother as well.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #3746
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

anyone here from fed??? i know he went fishing. wounder if he caught anything?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #3747
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Thanks.

I don't have very many actual pics from when I was a kid - my mom divided the ones she didn't want between my brother and I (not many - she kept most of them) but DID give me all of the negatives for safe keeping. Sadly the first year+ of my life were all polaroids (remember those? NO negatives! but you get a developed pic in about a minute) that disappeared somewhere along the road in the move from their apartment to the house they bougt in '71 that I grew up in. They backtracked, etc, but never did find that (and another )box that fell out of the truck. At least I have my grandparents' slides from that year. (This reason right here, is part of why DW and I have pretty much "over-compensated" with pics even long before we ever got a digital camera... I didn't want any of my children to miss out on any part of their childhood photographically).

I have a slide/negative scanner - and it's a long process - but I'm getting through them all slowly. About 5 years ago I went through and scanned my grandparents' 2,300 slides from 1950-1980 to be put on CD's as a Christmas present for my mom, her sister, my brother and our cousins. So eventually all of these images I'm currently scanning will be put on a CD for my brother as well.
we lost post of our pics after my mom passed away our house got flooded out and the basement had 7 feet of water in it. the basement consist of our family room where all the albums were. i do have our honeymoon pics 1985 and pics of just my dad in wdw in 1983.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #3748
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheaddad View Post
I'm a dad of two teens with a DGF we're from Idaho. I grew up going to Disneyland and had always dreamed of going to Disneyworld. Well my dreams finally came true last June (09). We spent a whole week at WDW, I had never even been to Florida. Aside from a couple of little hiccups, We loved it! I think I was more excited than my kids. Now I think I've got a disease. Up until now my only disease has been flyfishing in our beautiful state and visiting Yellowstone but I just cannot get WDW out of my mind. We want to go back again (and maybe again) DGF and I are starting to plan a new trip for early June 2011. Is this normal? Were not rich, I own a portrait studio and DGF is a professor at Idaho State U. We really want to make WDW happen again at least two more times and maybe this coming time add a couple of days at Universal Studios. Were starting the fun of planning and we think were going to do it even better this time. I'll look forward to posting and checking in at Dis Dad Club as we plan our new excursion.
Welcome! Glad you found us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
<--let's just pretend this isn't the thumb, if you get my drift.
(Love the shorty shorts, by the way!)

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 04-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #3749
stopher1

Quote:
we lost post of our pics after my mom passed away our house got flooded out and the basement had 7 feet of water in it. the basement consist of our family room where all the albums were. i do have our honeymoon pics 1985 and pics of just my dad in wdw in 1983.
Oh I'm so sorry about that. That is hard. - Just another reason why I'm working on trying to get all of those negatives scanned...you just never know when some kind of disaster might strike.

Thank goodness for digital these days. I have all of ours on our computer's external hard drive (when our computer crashed last year everything else was lost, but our ext hd was not affected by that problem thankfully), plus I have a complete set on my portable hard-drive that I take with me everywhere my laptop goes, followed by multiple back-ups on CD - one complete set I keep here in my office in addition to what we have at home. Plus as I burn new ones, I send a copy out to my mom "for safe-keeping" as well.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #3750
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Nice pics Stopher

Tags
club, dad's, dis

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: