Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #3706
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Disney 652 View Post
How do I join this outstanding club...after close review of the 122 by-laws, I qualify with the better part of 100 of them.

Welcome, lucky for you you exceeded the 99 required to join. Think of the others as something to shoot for now that you're a member. Kind of like achievement badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dad Canada View Post
Looks like I'm in too. I'm a widowed dad of three great kids. In addition to reading before bed, my kids now take turns reciting our itinerary of our next WDW trip.
Welcome from the club's southernmost Canadian (I think). Lived across from Square One in Mississauga for 8 years before moving closer to the mouse in 2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobblockhead View Post
Few more things to put in the car and we are out of here. I'll tell Mickey that you guys said hello. Maybe I shouldn't have even mentioned anything about this trip. That way I could probably squirm out of a TR. I think I dread that more than the drive

Ya'll take care.
Get the place warmed up for me, we're spending the weekend fine tuning the plans for the trip.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 04-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #3707
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA View Post
Hey guys. Happy Easter to everyone celebrating it today.

I am in our minivan on the way back from my parents' place on a beautiful spring day, with my DDs in the back watching Sleeping Beauty. I am thinking about how, next month, we will find ourselves in the same spots, but headed due south on I95. Destination: Disney.

I wish we could make a couple of right turns right now...
Umm...who's driving?
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #3708
terrygroomes
Earning My Ears

happy easter everyone
Old 04-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #3709
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
With DW and I, we looked at each other for about 2 seconds, then bought in.
How nice that would have been. We first looked at them on our honeymoon. I'd just spent about $4,000 on that trip - and it would have been great because back then they had a deal where part of your current stay cost could be applied to the purchase price - but she didn't even want to spend money that hadn't been set aside and budgeted for that trip on souvenirs - just being married and all. She has always been the more frugal of the two of us, but finally agreed it was a worthwhile since we go so much. Too bad though, since the price had nearly doubled from then til when we actually did join. After 3 add-ons later I just say oh well, and so does she.

Quote:
But he keeps them nice and warm for you!
Yeah, I'll bet.

Quote:
It was really a joint decision to put it off until at least 2012. The 9/1 sailing would be perfect in theory, as Wisconsin has a law that says schools can't start until after labor day. (It's a tourism industry thing. So many teenagers work in the hospitalty business that business owners get very short staffed if they have to go back to school and can't work that last weekend of summer) Anyway, there are so many loopholes to that law the most school districts start before labor day anyway. We don't want Madison to miss the first week of first grade. We plan on using DVC points too, but we're borrowing a bunch from 2011 for our December stay, so waiting a year or so should allow us to get a better cabin too.
Oh I hear you - you definitely don't want to let her miss the first week! That would just stink for her.

We've been going back and forth about the cruise thing for 3 years now and kept putting it off. Finally with the new DREAM and the lower point cost we decided it was time. Our eldest will be in school then too (vs the flexibility of home-schooling as he currently is), but he'll only miss a couple of days vs. pulling them out for a week or something as some people might do. We had to pick a time that wasn't going to be too detrimental and not overly costly points-wise. So that's what we chose. Hopefully it all works out well.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 04-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #3710
lawsonsontour
a Dis Dad #419

Happy Easter every one
been working solid for the last week so going to catch up now....only 20 pages haha

Old 04-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #3711
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Bad News!

After placing the order for my DIS Dad's T-shirt, I received some bad news. My order could not be processed, apparently because modifying a Disney image is a copyright infringement. I guess the Disney items they sell can be ordered as is but not modified. SORRY ABOUT THAT!!!
Back to the drawing board.
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #3712
DEA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Umm...who's driving?

Not me. I don't DIS and drive.

DIS Dads Member #432
Old 04-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #3713
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
After placing the order for my DIS Dad's T-shirt, I received some bad news. My order could not be processed, apparently because modifying a Disney image is a copyright infringement. I guess the Disney items they sell can be ordered as is but not modified. SORRY ABOUT THAT!!!
Back to the drawing board.
Have you tried a design where the Disney image not modified in any way, but has text either on the opposite side of the shirt or in a different location?
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 04-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #3714
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Have you tried a design where the Disney image not modified in any way, but has text either on the opposite side of the shirt or in a different location?
No, but I did wonder about that. I would have to email them to see how that works. I'll do that. My assumption is that anything in the Disney line belongs to Disney and probably has to be printed as is.
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #3715
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
How do I join this outstanding club...after close review of the 122 by-laws, I qualify with the better part of 100 of them.

You have now been assimilated! You are member # 448!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dad Canada View Post
Looks like I'm in too. I'm a widowed dad of three great kids. In addition to reading before bed, my kids now take turns reciting our itinerary of our next WDW trip.
Yep, you are IN! You are member # 449!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 04-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #3716
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Hey, DADS! It's been crazy busy here... hope you all have had a great Easter day! I'll be working on the new DDC IV thread tonight getting it ready for release soon. You "chatty Cathys" are really making this thread move! Looking to see what can be done to spruce up the place... the beer can pyramid is looking a little dusty.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 04-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #3717
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:

Glad your here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobblockhead View Post
Few more things to put in the car and we are out of here. I'll tell Mickey that you guys said hello. Maybe I shouldn't have even mentioned anything about this trip. That way I could probably squirm out of a TR. I think I dread that more than the drive

Ya'll take care.
Have a great time!

Happy Easter guys. Now it's time to lay on the couch and enter my food coma!
Old 04-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #3718
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!! WELCOME NEW DADS!!!! i ate way to much today at the inlaws. my fl has a scale and i stepped on it. when i smoked 3 packs a day i clocked in at 150lb. that was 8 years ago, now, this thing says im 186lb!!!! i didnt get any taller either. anyway, im gonna rob some peanut butter eggs and go to bed!!!! see you guys on did dads iv!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #3719
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!! WELCOME NEW DADS!!!! i ate way to much today at the inlaws. my fl has a scale and i stepped on it. when i smoked 3 packs a day i clocked in at 150lb. that was 8 years ago, now, this thing says im 186lb!!!! i didnt get any taller either. anyway, im gonna rob some peanut butter eggs and go to bed!!!! see you guys on did dads iv!!!
come on 186 and you are complaining???? I cant remeber 186 As long as my scale read below 230 I am happy that means I am holding ground. But the peanut butter eggs are just to good to turn down
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 04-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #3720
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
come on 186 and you are complaining???? I cant remeber 186 As long as my scale read below 230 I am happy that means I am holding ground. But the peanut butter eggs are just to good to turn down
186...sheeesh...whiner.......I weighted 165 when Shari and I got married in 2000...she cooks like Paula Dean...now I see lots of 2's when I get on the scale...oh well....fat and happy I guess.
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dad's, dis

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: