Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #3676
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

So, today was our last day before a week of break. About 10 this morning, a girl came into the office and came up to me and whispered; "hey Mr. Blockhead, guess where we're going over spring break??" I said, "where." She said "Disney World." I went "really?? That will be a cool vacation." Then, I whispered to her, "guess where I'm going on spring break?" She said, "where?" I said "Disney World." She got all wide eyed and said "really?" I said "yep, sure am." Naturally, she had no idea where they were staying, so I told her that we were staying at Pop and to keep an eye out for us. The cool thing is that since I've been in administration, I've gone to Disney 5 or 6 times. EVERY time down, I've seen multiple kids and families from the school(s) that I've been working at. When I was an elementary school principal, it was always a big deal for the kid to see the principal. They always give me the, "hey, you mean you actually don't live at the school" look. The middle school kids react like, "oh, it's him." It would be one thing if we lived in a large place, but we are a VERY small town, and to actually bump into folks in HUGE World of Disney that are from your small home town is pretty neat.
DISDad #425
Old 04-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #3677
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobblockhead View Post
So, today was our last day before a week of break. About 10 this morning, a girl came into the office and came up to me and whispered; "hey Mr. Blockhead, guess where we're going over spring break??" I said, "where." She said "Disney World." I went "really?? That will be a cool vacation." Then, I whispered to her, "guess where I'm going on spring break?" She said, "where?" I said "Disney World." She got all wide eyed and said "really?" I said "yep, sure am." Naturally, she had no idea where they were staying, so I told her that we were staying at Pop and to keep an eye out for us. The cool thing is that since I've been in administration, I've gone to Disney 5 or 6 times. EVERY time down, I've seen multiple kids and families from the school(s) that I've been working at. When I was an elementary school principal, it was always a big deal for the kid to see the principal. They always give me the, "hey, you mean you actually don't live at the school" look. The middle school kids react like, "oh, it's him." It would be one thing if we lived in a large place, but we are a VERY small town, and to actually bump into folks in HUGE World of Disney that are from your small home town is pretty neat.
Lets all sing it...I know your thinking it.

Itís a world of laughter, a world of tears
Itís a world of hopes, and a world of fears
Thereís so much that we share that itís time weíre aware
Itís a small world after all!

Itís a small, small world!

Register to remove

Old 04-03-2010, 01:29 AM   #3678
Carl Fredricksen
Ah, ha ha ha! So long, boys! I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Two years ago my neighbor and I got letters from the homeowners assoc the 3rd week in January saying our Christmas lights needed to come down. I mailed it back with a note that said, "Do you really think Christmas is the only holiday in the world that is celebrated with lights? If you continue to harrass me I will be consulting a lawyer.". I waited until March to take them down and never heard another word about it. We actually considered going out and buying all the extra c9 bulbs when they went on clearance so we could just keep changing the colors as the year went on, red and white for valentines, green and yellow for St Patrick's, red white and blue for the 4th,............

I love messing with the home owners people.
Classic. I hate those homeowners associations as well. What color your drape backings have to be, type of mailbox you can have, etc. You should be able to buy a house and do what you want as long as it isn't painted pink and purple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
This. Great idea. Collect the royalties and just have them payout every so often and forward what you collect on to GKTW, as a donation from the Dis Dads' Club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
That is a great idea for the donation!!!!!! GKTW is a great cause!

Even if it wasn't GKTW, I'm sure that we could come up with a worthy cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
I don't mind paying the extra 10% or whatever it is. I do not know if it is feasible but maybe the extra can be donated to an organization like Give Kids the World. We get the shirt and someone else benefits.

Thanks for all the great work you did designing it. I want one before my June trip.
I'm in with the charity donation, and inspired by the support shown by our little club...

Mijo, great job on the shirt, just let us know how to proceed. Maybe we can get an Admin to put a sticky up so the order info doesn't get lost when the Club III thread get's locked? Just an idea...

Me DW DD (14) DS (9)

1992 - WDW - Offsite/Holiday Inn Kissimmee
2010 - WDW - Pop Century (Trip Report)
Old 04-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #3679
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Fredricksen View Post
Mijo, great job on the shirt, just let us know how to proceed. Maybe we can get an Admin to put a sticky up so the order info doesn't get lost when the Club III thread get's locked? Just an idea...
I have a link to a shirt design in my signature now. Nate will probably do the same as the two designs are slightly different. I might also put a link for a "front only" shirt. I'll probably work on some instructions for personalizing the shirt and put a link for that, too. Thanks! Nate and I enjoyed doing this and, hopefully, we'll be seeing DIS Dad's T shirts at WDW soon!
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:31 AM   #3680
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thats cool!!! the younger kids are glad to see you the older kids are ohhhhh. i went through a stretch of seeing people down there but the last few times i didnt run into anyone.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 04-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #3681
MiJo

Quote:
EVERY[/B] time down, I've seen multiple kids and families from the school(s) that I've been working at. When I was an elementary school principal, it was always a big deal for the kid to see the principal. They always give me the, "hey, you mean you actually don't live at the school" look. The middle school kids react like, "oh, it's him." It would be one thing if we lived in a large place, but we are a VERY small town, and to actually bump into folks in HUGE World of Disney that are from your small home town is pretty neat.
That used to happen to me when I was a Cub Scout leader. When one of my boys saw me at a store or somewhere, he would get this shocked look and quick tell his mom!
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:08 AM   #3682
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Ahhhh - relaxing on a Saturday morning with Squeaker, watching classic Mickey cartoons.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 04-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #3683
DH-2-mamaduck
DisDad#446 - You're just jealous the voices don't talk to you!

Quote:
Ahhhh - relaxing on a Saturday morning with Squeaker, watching classic Mickey cartoons.
...now just debating if I should do the dishes...or go back to bed
Me / DisDad#446 DW DD(14) DD(12) DS(9) DD(3) DD(23mo) Nilla Bullboxer Charlie Brown Alexis

POPx2 '14 | IOA '11 | BWI-CL '09 | POP '06 | DL '05 & '03
Old 04-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #3684
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Awesome work on the shirts, guys! This is my favorite design! And the idea for GKTW... priceless!

Yeah... I would have been a skeptic too since it was 4/1!! I'm going to try and get DW in a DVC tour this year
I left for work on 4/2, having handed DW the "Dreams" book i'd ordered 2 years ago. She looks, says, "um, never mind on DVC" and i leave for work.
i got home at 3:30, and she she said, "I think we'll need 300 points per year. Disney with a big group one year, then a smaller vacation to the beach the next."
WHA...?
Either way, taking the tour in Dec seems like it's going to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
I have a link to a shirt design in my signature now. Nate will probably do the same as the two designs are slightly different. I might also put a link for a "front only" shirt. I'll probably work on some instructions for personalizing the shirt and put a link for that, too. Thanks! Nate and I enjoyed doing this and, hopefully, we'll be seeing DIS Dad's T shirts at WDW soon!
So, I know what saying I think I would like for my DIS dad's shirt.
"DIS Dads: Off Topic since 2007"
Old 04-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #3685
MiJo

Quote:
RELAXING! WOW! I'm mulching and then we'll be getting ready for our family Easter dinner tomorrow. Plus, who knows what else? I took a vacation day yesterday and worked 10x harder than I do at work. It's a good thing I have a few vacation days planned for some fun stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post
So, I know what saying I think I would like for my DIS dad's shirt.
"DIS Dads: Off Topic since 2007"
That's a great slogan! And one that has been around for a while. I might go with that one myself. Good thinking!
Old 04-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #3686
MiJo

I just ordered my DIS DAD's T-shirt! I used the slogan "Off Topic Since 2007" ~ Great idea UncleScrooge! Thanks!

Man, this Board has been quiet for about 7 hours!
Old 04-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #3687
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
RELAXING! WOW! I'm mulching and then we'll be getting ready for our family Easter dinner tomorrow. Plus, who knows what else? I took a vacation day yesterday and worked 10x harder than I do at work. It's a good thing I have a few vacation days planned for some fun stuff.

I had to get my relaxing in early.
I've been at Mrs. AJRitz' office since before Noon trying to get a bunch of office tech stuff done - migrating a server and preventative maintenance on a desktop machine. Looks like I'll be putting in an eight or nine hour day at the office today.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 04-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #3688
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Everyone Have A Safe & Happy Easter!

Looks like it's going to be nice out here tommorrow, might go to the Boardwalk for the Easter Parade.
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #3689
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:
I just ordered my DIS DAD's T-shirt! I used the slogan "Off Topic Since 2007" ~ Great idea UncleScrooge! Thanks!

Man, this Board has been quiet for about 7 hours!
It was too nice outside here in the StL, so I was working on DW's garden (all the work is done. She just needs to put the veggies into the ground.)
Also, glad you liked the slogan. Once I get a little closer to time, I'll order mine. I just hope I can find the link in August!
(On a personal note: I'm not really Scrooge-like at all! I just liked Duck Tales a lot, and I wasn't sure LaunchPad McQuack would have been a good DIS name.)

And for any beer-loving midwestern DISdads looking for plans on World Cup opening weekend:
www.stlbrewfest.com
Old 04-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #3690
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Another bus accident, this time a bus hit the back of a SUV. Bus driver was charged with careless driving, bus driver is 81

I know they have like 300 buses & 1200 drivers, accidents are bound to happen, but I think they should test the driving skills every so often :confused
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dad's, dis

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: