Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #3646
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Wow, I thought I was the last one. I thought I pulled the last of the lights off the roof about 2 weeks ago. Then last weekend I found a bush that still had the lights on. Yes, I was out there in shorts, taking down Christmas lights.
Two years ago my neighbor and I got letters from the homeowners assoc the 3rd week in January saying our Christmas lights needed to come down. I mailed it back with a note that said, "Do you really think Christmas is the only holiday in the world that is celebrated with lights? If you continue to harrass me I will be consulting a lawyer.". I waited until March to take them down and never heard another word about it. We actually considered going out and buying all the extra c9 bulbs when they went on clearance so we could just keep changing the colors as the year went on, red and white for valentines, green and yellow for St Patrick's, red white and blue for the 4th,............

I love messing with the home owners people.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 04-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #3647
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

I Made It To Disney!

I made it to Orlando but I did not do any of the Disney Parks. I had a room paid for for three nights at the Omni at Championsgate and I had free tickets to Universal and Islands of Adventure. We were not going to go and just eat the cost of the room because my wife could not get off of work (we booked the room on priceline and could not cancel). It was my birthday weekend so my son and I, with my wife's approval, packed up and drove 11 hours to Orlando from NC.

We hit the pool and used our free tickets to Universal and Islands of Adventure. Although I did not have the time or money to do any of the Disney parks my son and I went to Downtown Disney and ate at The Earl Of Sandwich. That by far is the best food deal in Disney! Great sandwichs for $5.95! From there we took the bus to the Contemporary Resort so that we could ride the monorail. We rode "Old Bandaid" through EPCOT, took the Ferry to Magic Kingdom, and took a boat to the Wilderness Lodge. From there we rode the bus back to Downtown Disney. We did this to get a litte Disney fix before we left that evening. Sorry this is all jumbled up but I rushing to get to my nephews birthday party.

Oh...Please do not drive to Floriday via I-95 during this time of the year at night! The deer are all over the place! There was blood and deer body parts all over the interstate. They were coming so close to my car! It is really not safe out there right now. I saw two accidents. One of which rwo people died when two vans collided! I believe they were trying to avoid deer.
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #3648
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Hey Stopher!
I saw in your signature you're going on the 9/1/11 cruise. DW and I were sitting down last night and running the numbers for a cruise. That was one that we were actually looking at! It doesn't look like it will actually happen this year, but what a coincidence that would have been! Evan could have shared his cheese balls with you while we were on the ship!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #3649
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disney Fanatic View Post
I made it to Orlando but I did not do any of the Disney Parks. I had a room paid for for three nights at the Omni at Championsgate and I had free tickets to Universal and Islands of Adventure. We were not going to go and just eat the cost of the room because my wife could not get off of work (we booked the room on priceline and could not cancel). It was my birthday weekend so my son and I, with my wife's approval, packed up and drove 11 hours to Orlando from NC.

We hit the pool and used our free tickets to Universal and Islands of Adventure. Although I did not have the time or money to do any of the Disney parks my son and I went to Downtown Disney and ate at The Earl Of Sandwich. That by far is the best food deal in Disney! Great sandwichs for $5.95! From there we took the bus to the Contemporary Resort so that we could ride the monorail. We rode "Old Bandaid" through EPCOT, took the Ferry to Magic Kingdom, and took a boat to the Wilderness Lodge. From there we rode the bus back to Downtown Disney. We did this to get a litte Disney fix before we left that evening. Sorry this is all jumbled up but I rushing to get to my nephews birthday party.

Oh...Please do not drive to Floriday via I-95 during this time of the year at night! The deer are all over the place! There was blood and deer body parts all over the interstate. They were coming so close to my car! It is really not safe out there right now. I saw two accidents. One of which rwo people died when two vans collided! I believe they were trying to avoid deer.
Too bad your wife couldn't make it but at least you got to have some "man time". I briefly thought about leaving in the middle of the night and getting to the parks mid morning but after driving it last September in the day decided there was no way. Those hours through SC with nothing but trees on both sides must have been pretty stressful.

Making the drive in 2 weeks, do they still have that 20 mile construction zone in GA?

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 04-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #3650
CivilE
Earning My Ears

Just completed Online Check-in!!! T-Minus 9 days and counting!!

Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #3651
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilE View Post

How long are you there for and where are you staying? We're at AK Kidani from the 17th to the 24th.

Did you ever decide on the stroller thing?

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 04-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #3652
Ryansdad0727
DIS Veteran

My DW will never hear the end of it.

I usually take all of the pictures but my DW grabbed the camera from me on Kilamanjaro Safari. I have given her grief about this picture every day since. She just blushes and laughs but swear she didn't know. At least this gives me something on her.

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/x...isney09259.jpg

This was too good not to share and since its the dads club i figured it was ok...
Polynesian: 1992, Port Orleans: Riverside August 2004, Old Key West: July 2009, Old Key West: December 2010, Treehouse Villas at SSR: December 2011, Old Key West: March 2012, Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge: July 2012, SSR: July 2012, Boardwalk Villas: March 2014, Bay Lake Tower: July 2014

Last edited by Ryansdad0727; 04-02-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #3653
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
This is a test of MiJo's e-mail Idea!!!

See if the following Link works for anybody.

T-SHIRT

It's a small pocket Design on the front with a bigger design on the back.
It works. Now, if you would just enter your Pay Pal information and then send it to everyone ...
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #3654
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Happy Easter Weekend everyone. I am off today...one of the perks for working in a catholic hospital...but I have to work on Easter so today will be full of coloring eggs, mowing the grass, and then going to the cantata this evening at church....

Stay safe and don't eat too many chocolate rabbits!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 04-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #3655
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
This is a test of MiJo's e-mail Idea!!!

See if the following Link works for anybody.

T-SHIRT

It's a small pocket Design on the front with a bigger design on the back.
Awesome work on the shirts, guys! This is my favorite design! And the idea for GKTW... priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post
I'm lazy when it comes to design. You guys RAWK for your work on this.

Link worked for me!

And for my day:
Me: work work work
text from wife: kids kids work. "Oh, I think we should take the DVC tour in December."
Me: (in my head ) out loud: "um okay. Why?
DW: "Cause you'd like it"
Me: (in my head) out loud "okay."

Plot note: i'm the Disney nut, not her... so for her to bring it up is a big deal.

then i got home, dug her garden, got the kids baths and asleep, and saw on the calendar it was April 1st. I called her on it, and she said was being serious.
Yeah... I would have been a skeptic too since it was 4/1!! I'm going to try and get DW in a DVC tour this year
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 04-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #3656
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansdad0727 View Post
I usually take all of the pictures but my DW grabbed the camera from me on Kilamanjaro Safari. I have given her grief about this picture every day since. She just blushes and laughs but swear she didn't know. At least this gives me something on her.

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/x...isney09259.jpg

This was too good not to share and since its the dads club i figured it was ok...

Note to self: when the kids need to get the "birds and the bees" talk, don't forget to include the rhinos.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #3657
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
It works. Now, if you would just enter your Pay Pal information and then send it to everyone ...
You're killin' me!
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #3658
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:

I'm glad to hear that you got to ride Old band-Aid that is the highlight of my WDW trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilE View Post

Lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

Note to self: when the kids need to get the "birds and the bees" talk, don't forget to include the rhinos.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #3659
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
From there we took the bus to the Contemporary Resort so that we could ride the monorail. We rode "Old Bandaid" through EPCOT, took the Ferry to Magic Kingdom, and took a boat to the Wilderness Lodge. From there we rode the bus back to Downtown Disney. We did this to get a litte Disney fix before we left that evening.
If ya can't hit the parks, that was a great way to get your Disney fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Making the drive in 2 weeks, do they still have that 20 mile construction zone in GA?
And if so, will they ever finish it? How long has that been going on now? Maybe 6 or 7 years???
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 04-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #3660
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Happy Easter Weekend everyone. I am off today...one of the perks for working in a catholic hospital...but I have to work on Easter so today will be full of coloring eggs, mowing the grass, and then going to the cantata this evening at church....

Stay safe and don't eat too many chocolate rabbits!!!
Does that mean no fish sticks and tomato soup in the cafeteria for lunch today?

In case anyone is looking into it, we went to Mickey's Rockin' Road Show last night in Charlotte. It was a really good show, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Tigger, Buzz, Woody, Jessie, they even threw in Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, and the stepsisters to cash in on the whole princess thing. It was an hour and a half including the 15 minute intermission with a 15 minute pre-show thing. Weird moment in the pre-show video, Mickey calls out Toodles and he actually had a face and told Mickey what the tools were. You could tell all the real Disney parents because they were looking at each other asking why Toodles was talking?

Proud to be DisDad #356
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dad's, dis

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: