Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
rosedolph
Mouseketeer

Off Site help - please

So we have decided that we are going to stay off site this trip - we have never done this before, but we have a large group (12) wanting to stay together.

Does anyone have any house suggestions? We are looking for something decorated in Disney (for the kids of course ) if possible. Thanks!!

And Then!!
rosedolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
dougsmom98
DIS Veteran

The best thing to do is to start looking at rental sites to get a better idea of what you are looking for and what you can afford in your price range. I always start at www.vrbo.com or www.homeaway.com. I spend an hour or so just browsing to see what's out there. It can be overwhelming, but soon you will see things that are important to you. For us, the most important thing is a having three en-suite bedrooms because we travel with my parents and in-laws. I think it is important for all adult couples to have a nice bedroom and their own bathroom. Then I know I need two twin rooms for our kids. We also often have someone visit part way through so I like the possibility for one more guest room. A must for us is to have a TV in each bedroom and we like a spa in addition to the heated pool. We like durable kid-friendly furnishings (nothing with light colors). I prefer tiled floor areas but carpet is not a deal breaker if the price is right. I like themed bedrooms, BUT... price outweighs everything else and the kids are okay without it. You also want to consider location. Some of the closest communities include Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms, Emerald Island, Sunset Lake... We prefer staying further out in Davenport because we get more house for less money. We are paying $875 including taxes and pool heat for a 5+ bedroom home. It will take us 15-20 minutes to get to the parks, but we chose an area that has easy access to I-4 so it's an easy drive. We don't mind the additional drive time to save hundreds of dollars. Here is a link to villa community locations. http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa-map.php Good luck.

Up next - Off Site @ Grand Reserve April, 2015
1st Trip Dec 2002 - Holiday Inn Nicki Bird, 2nd Trip June 2004 - Fantasy World Villas, 3rd Trip Feb 2006 - Windsor Palms, 4th Trip Feb 2007 - Regal Palms, 5th Trip Feb 2008 - Solana Resort, 6th Trip Feb 2009 - Windwood Bay, 7th Trip Feb 2010 - Grand Reserve, 8th trip Feb 2011 - Grand Reserve, 9th trip Feb 2012 Grand Reserve, 10th trip April 2012 Disney Land - Castle Inn and Suites, 11th trip Feb 2013 Grand Reserve, 12th Trip Feb 2014 Grand Reserve
dougsmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
KayR
DIS Veteran

With 12 people, its probably better to have a 6 or even a 7 bedroom home. We usually stay at Windsor Palms or Emerald Island.

www.windsor-palms-florida.net
www.StayAtEmeraldIsland.com

Windsor Palms is a smaller community, but nice and peaceful. Nice amenities and clubhouse.

Emerald Island is larger and has some larger homes on the Enclave section. Amenities and clubhouse are nice, but not as many amenities at Windsor Palms. Both communities are gated and guarded.

Other communities also have 6 bedroom homes such as Rolling Hills, Windsor Hills, Acadia Estates. I think only Formosa Gardens and Emerald Island have 7 bedroom homes in that area.

--Kay

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
KayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
neonurse
Hidden Mickeys Everywhere!

What about 2 condos side by side. We did that in Nov with my sister and her family and it was great. We stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages. The 2 bedroom condos have 2 queen beds I think.
hth