Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
liquidbase
Mouseketeer

The Little Mermaid Submarine Voyage WDW idea

The Little Mermaid Submarine Voyage is not a rumor. It is really a vision of mine that could one day be built for one of the following WDW theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Guests arrive at a submarine base called Seadock Alpha where they board and dive in a submarine originally supposed to take them on a sight-seeing tour under the ocean. However, after traveling through a coral reef, their submarine encounters a strange mystical energy that transports it back in time to the 19th century between the events of The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning and The Little Mermaid. The guests see Ariel and Flounder who become astonished and amazed to see the submarine passing by. Very soon, the sub arrives at the underwater kingdom of Alantica with King Triton's castle in sight. Sebastian and other marine animals are also seen singing "Under the Sea". Next, the submarine is forced to dive lower from the violence of a surface storm. The storm causes the sub to journey through an area filled with sunken 19th century ships and patrolled by a dangerous shark where the guests see Ariel and Flounder collecting human treasures, a dark region of the ocean teeming with luminous and eerie sea creatures, finally arriving into the realm of the sea witch Ursula with its underwater volcanoes and distressed polyps. After the submarine is spotted by Flotsam and Jetsam, Ursula appears and zaps it with her evil magic as she attempts to make the guests hers forever. However, Ariel, Flounder, and even Sebastian come to the rescue allowing the sub to escape with them. Ursula unleashes a giant whirlpool to trap her victims. Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian grab hold of the submarine as its engines are fired at maximum power keeping them and the guests from being sucked into the vortex. With her victims almost out of reach, Ursula summons a giant squid on the guests to stop them. But, it proves ineffective when the sub's equipped and revolutionary high-voltage electric shield is activated electrocuting the squid. After succesfully fleeing from Ursula, Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian thank the guests for everything and bid them farewell. The submarine runs into the same mystical energy from before that this time teleports it back to the present. The guests and their sub surface and return to Seadock Alpha.
liquidbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

That actually sounds really cool, I would definitely ride that ride. BTW with the new Fantasyland expansion, aren't they going to be putting in a Aeriel Dark ride? You should email the Disney head honchos and tell them about your plot line, you maybe able to actually ride your dream

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Dznefreek
R.I.P Bruce

Disney does not accept project ideas from individuals. I know. I have a letter from Disney legal stating so and returning my outline and sketches I had sent them during construction of Disney-MGM Studios . . . . . .It was a treatment for Journey to the Center of the Earth which at the time was featured in an exhibit at the MK.
I will try and locate it and scan it. Since it was 20 years ago I am not sure if it is still in my file box.

Last edited by Dznefreek; 01-07-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Dznefreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: