Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #91
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I know. I don't know where I developed such a fear of doctors. I never go until I feel like I can barely function any more. Is there a name for that?

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #92
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I can't imagine that you would need more then 2 full days at Universal/IOA with the front of line passes. I can't remember...have you been there before? I went in 2003 (?).

That being said...I would still add the extra day to the vacation....it didn't seem like you had enough resort time planned if you are staying deluxe.

Have you addressed the alone time issue with your friend yet? Not to bash her, as I'm sure she is a super person, but for your Dec. TR (so far) I haven't liked how she didn't want to do thing that you wanted to, but then didn't want to waited for you so you could enjoy it....(ex. Test Track, night viewing the animals).

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #93
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I can't imagine that you would need more then 2 full days at Universal/IOA with the front of line passes. I can't remember...have you been there before? I went in 2003 (?).

That being said...I would still add the extra day to the vacation....it didn't seem like you had enough resort time planned if you are staying deluxe.
Last night on my commute home I played with the calendar and my calculator and came to a few decisions. I'm pretty sure that I'm cutting my Universal/IOA time down to one day. It's going to be my next post, so I'll hold off on going into too much detail now. I definitely would rather have the extra day at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Have you addressed the alone time issue with your friend yet? Not to bash her, as I'm sure she is a super person, but for your Dec. TR (so far) I haven't liked how she didn't want to do thing that you wanted to, but then didn't want to waited for you so you could enjoy it....(ex. Test Track, night viewing the animals).
Not yet, but I will. Right now I'm planning on at least having the morning after the race to myself. I'm thinking of going over to the GF spa, and then relaxing by the pool for most of the day. With the extra day, I'm going to plan at least one more morning to myself as well a bit later in the week. I need too. I don't want to end up as cranky as I felt on my last trip.

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 03-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #94
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I Think Disney is Messing With my Head

I've been keeping an eye out for discount codes for my trip, but it's too early for them to be releasing any public or AP codes quite yet. I'd tried the tip on the resorts board about pricing out a trip online, saving it, and putting cost as the reason for not booking it now when prompted. It didn't seem to work for me. The next day I got an e-mail from Disney Destinations. I was thrilled. I opened the e-mail hoping to find one of those great 40% off codes. Nope. It was a very dull "Explore the Resort" you showed interest in e-mail. No discount. The day after that I received another e-mail from Disney Destinations directed towards AP holders. It had a link saying to check out their great deals. Again I thought - great, they've extended the AP discount time period. Nope. It was for the same time frame ending in June. I should have known better than to get too excited when yesterday the hotel discounts for the Poly, Beach Club, POFQ and AsSp were released for participants in the Wine and Dine Marathon.

They were discounts, but they were a bit anti-climatic.

At first they looked like phenomenal deals. The Poly was showing as starting at $187 per night. Visions of myself chilling on the Poly beach rapidly disappeared then I read a bit further and saw that the rate quoted was per person, per night with 2 people in a room. Seriously, who in the world quotes prices like that? They were obviously trying to get people all excited to call, and then once they get them on the phone they get the full price which would be double what is listed on the website. All the race resorts were listed that way, and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think I've ever seen them list rates in such a sneaky way before. Usually the room rates are always listed as the rate for up to two adults.

I did the math and figured the discounts to be just about the same as the standard AAA discount. In some cases it was actually cheaper to book the room using the AAA discount than take the race discount. I'm not sure what the percentage is on the AAA room during Oct., but I know the best deal they offer is 20% in value season.

I was torn. The AAA discount was okay, but not enough to have me immediately on the phone booking my room. My goal has been to keep my room cost under $1000. (Remember, I'm sharing the cost with a friend so I'm just paying 1/2 of the total for the week). With the AAA discount, it would fall right at that number, but I still have to factor in my room cost for the 2 nights at Universal. That would add another $250 to my rooms allowance bringing it over budget. Did I really want deluxe that badly? If I booked POFQ my costs would be well under that. I was toying with the idea of cutting it back to only one night at Universal. That would give me one day in the parks, but I'd be able to use the parks for another partial day if I booked a later flight home.

Still undecieded, I gave CRO a call today on my lunch hour. I had looked my AAA rates up on AAA's site, so I wanted to be sure they were still available, and if the amounts listed were correct. I got a wonderful CM on the phone. I told her the dates I was looking for and that I wanted to price out a vacation at the Beach Club and POFQ. I told her I was an AAA member so I wanted to see if they had any discounts available. She told me they usually did, but she wasn't sure if they were booking this far out yet. She starts looking up the information, asking me if we need the dining plan. I tell her no - I'm an AP holder so I'm just interested in room only. She tells me she'll check that out too, as AP rates are usually better than AAA. She keeps chatting while looking up my rates, asking what were celebrating and all the usual questions.

Then she hits me with what I'm not expecting. It seems I have a pin code attached to my name! Woo Hoo!

I try desparately not to woo hoo on the phone to her. I may or may not have been successful. I wait while she prices out my trip. It turns out to be about a 35% discount. For a standard view room at the Beach Club, I'll be saving about $140 a night. I didn't even have to have her check the prices for POFQ too. I booked the standard view room at the Beach Club.

I'm already seeing myself whiling away a day at Stormalong Bay!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #95
maroo
DIS Veteran

The Beach Club!!!! That is AWESOME!

We went there after the half this time to eat at Beaches and Cream! What a wonderful place to stay!!
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #96
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I booked the standard view room at the Beach Club.

I'm already seeing myself whiling away a day at Stormalong Bay!

Awesome! We will have to plan a time to hang out after the park hours come out. I will be just next door at YC!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #97
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Great news you have been sprinkled with pixie dust.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #98
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
The Beach Club!!!! That is AWESOME!

We went there after the half this time to eat at Beaches and Cream! What a wonderful place to stay!!
I was tempted to book at the Boardwalk again, but the lure of Stormalong Bay after the race was too great. I want to try Beaches and Cream too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post

Awesome! We will have to plan a time to hang out after the park hours come out. I will be just next door at YC!
That sounds great! We're going to be neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Great news you have been sprinkled with pixie dust.
I never thought I'd be able to stay there. Who'd of thought I'd score a secret pin code to make it possible?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #99
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

YAY!!!! YAY!!!! YAY!!!!

I'm so freakin' excited for you!! But, it sure does sound like Disney is messin' with your head though. Why wouldn't they notify you of something that great? I mean, I wonder how many people never call if they don't know??

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:27 AM   #100
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

How wonderful!! That's fantastic news and a bit of an early birthday present!!

I hope your foot will improve soon, but I guess if it gives you so much pain, you really need to see a doctor! You don't want to stay at the BC and still be limping!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #102
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
YAY!!!! YAY!!!! YAY!!!!

I'm so freakin' excited for you!! But, it sure does sound like Disney is messin' with your head though. Why wouldn't they notify you of something that great? I mean, I wonder how many people never call if they don't know??
That's exactly what I thought! I was a bit surprised on how non-existent the race discount was. I was really put off by how they listed it. I don't want a per person rate - just give me the rate the way you give every other rate - per room double occupancy. Finding out about the pin code helped ease my indignation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
How wonderful!! That's fantastic news and a bit of an early birthday present!!

I hope your foot will improve soon, but I guess if it gives you so much pain, you really need to see a doctor! You don't want to stay at the BC and still be limping!!
Thanks! The odd thing was that I was fine while I was in Florida last week, but it was bothering me a little bit on my Dec. trip. Nothing like it is now though. I had to cancel out of my aerobics class last night, because at the moment I can't walk without rolling my foot to either the inside or the outside of the foot. Whatever the problem is, it's right in the middle of my foot.

I'm going to have to cave and see the doctor. Ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Yay!!!! I think I would have yelled while on the phone! I'm so glad you got a discount, that's wonderful!
Thanks! I barely let the CM get out her description of the different rooms before I told her I wanted to book it. Now I need to start looking into the Beach Club to find out all about it.

I didn't request anything in particular when I talked to the CM, but I think I may call back and add on a request for a full balcony. I usually just take what they give me, but I really enjoyed using the balcony at the Boardwalk last year.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #103
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

WOO HOO!!!!

That rocks on the pin code, I am soooo happy for you.

You deserve deluxe for this special trip, and you will love that walking to Epcot!
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #104
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
WOO HOO!!!!

That rocks on the pin code, I am soooo happy for you.

You deserve deluxe for this special trip, and you will love that walking to Epcot!
Thanks! I was tempted to book at the Boardwalk again, but I'm really excited to try somewhere new. The day after the 1/2 I plan on spending the entire morning by the pool.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #105
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Now that my resort is booked, I'm just trying to come up with my plan for the parks and for ADRs. I'm hoping that the park hours come out soon, so I can have a better idea of what I'm looking at.

When I was down a few weeks ago with my parents we ended up with alot of early dinners/late lunches. At first I wasn't happy with it, but once I was there I found it really worked well for me. I'd have a light breakfast. If I got hungry before meal time, I'd munch on a 100 cal snack pack that I carried with me. I'd have the late/early meal and be fine for the rest of the day. Usually we'd wrap up our day back at the resort with a small snack. I didn't feel like I was eating constantly, and it saved a lot of money. I'm thinking of trying the same plan for this trip as well.

My other focus right now should be on training, but sadly that's come to a screetching halt. My food is still bothering me, and I can barely walk on it let alone run. I've been trying to keep off of it as much as possible. I've skipped my Zumba classes all week, but unfortunately working in NYC avoiding walking altogether isn't really a possibility. I've been limping all over the place. I'm giving myself to the end of the week before I take the time off to go to the doctor. It will feel better for awhile, and then I tweak it again. Ugh! I'm sick of having painful swollen feet.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: