Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #136
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Will your friend dress up at all? Because I love the idea of you going as Candace...she could easily go as one of the other girls with the "girl scout" uniform.

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #137
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Will your friend dress up at all? Because I love the idea of you going as Candace...she could easily go as one of the other girls with the "girl scout" uniform.
I don't know yet. She originally said she wanted to dress up this time, bu she hasn't said anything since. There's always Isabella too. I don't think she watches P&F though so I don't know if she'd dress up as a character.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #138
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I've never even heard of Phineas and Ferb, so I can't comment on that idea, but personally I LOVE the idea of going as an attraction character. In fact, it's my #1 idea right now too. Disney, yet.... not.

I saw one costume where a girl cut out a hole from a cardboard "table" put her head through it, then a plastic fish bowl (with air holes of course!) over her head to be Madam Leota!!! BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!

I also think your idea of Cinderella in her rags is a good one. EAsy to make, and not hot to wear.

Crissy, how is your training going?? Are you still working on a jogging program?? how is your foot??

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #139
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I've never even heard of Phineas and Ferb, so I can't comment on that idea, but personally I LOVE the idea of going as an attraction character. In fact, it's my #1 idea right now too. Disney, yet.... not.
Phineas & Ferb is a cartoon on the Disney Channel. I'm completely addicted to it. So many of the jokes in are definitely geared towards adults. This is Candace their sister.

Quote:
I saw one costume where a girl cut out a hole from a cardboard "table" put her head through it, then a plastic fish bowl (with air holes of course!) over her head to be Madam Leota!!! BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!

I also think your idea of Cinderella in her rags is a good one. EAsy to make, and not hot to wear.
Love the Leota idea. Some people are so creative. The woman on ebay had all the best princess costumes. Cinderella in rags, Sleeping Beauty's regular dress, Belle's green dress from the movie. So cute!

Quote:
Crissy, how is your training going?? Are you still working on a jogging program?? how is your foot??
I started getting back to the gym, and then I came down with bronchitis for the 4th time this year. I have to start cracking down though. The foot however is feeling really good. I've had a bit of swelling, but no pain.

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 04-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #140
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Phineas & Ferb is a cartoon on the Disney Channel. I'm completely addicted to it. So many of the jokes in are definitely geared towards adults. This is Candace their sister.

Love the Leota idea. Some people are so creative. The woman on ebay had all the best princess costumes. Cinderella in rags, Sleeping Beauty's regular dress, Belle's green dress from the movie. So cute!

I started getting back to the gym, and then I came down with bronchitis for the 4th time this year. I have to start cracking down though. The foot however is feeling really good. I've had a bit of swelling, but no pain.

My daughter thought we should go as Simpsons characters. I thought, naw. But I do like some of their episodes. (the earlier ones)

I know! I'd love a little creative in my genetic makeup!

Good for you!! I started wogging too, and I can't say I love it; heck, I can't even say I like it!!! But I have to. It's what's good for me!

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #141
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My daughter thought we should go as Simpsons characters. I thought, naw. But I do like some of their episodes. (the earlier ones)
The Simpsons is a great idea for a group. I love Maggie!

Old 04-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #142
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

On our last trip, my boys were wearing Phineas and Ferb t-shirts and one of the cast members said something like, "Don't let Mickey see you wearing those." He must have thought they were Nickelodean characters. Like we would ever do that!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #143
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
On our last trip, my boys were wearing Phineas and Ferb t-shirts and one of the cast members said something like, "Don't let Mickey see you wearing those." He must have thought they were Nickelodean characters. Like we would ever do that!
Nickelodian characters? Seriously, Disney should quiz these people to be sure they know the Disney characters. I love Phineas & Ferb. I wish they had more stuff around the parks. I'd love a meet and great. I'd be the dork running to be there first.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #144
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Plans and ADRs v. 1.1

I've been a bit of a mess lately. I sat down to do my taxes last week, only to realize that the W2 for my fomer part time job, that I had put someplace super safe, wasn't where I thought it was. I tore my place apart looking for it this weekend, but couldn't find it anywhere. I had to fax them a release to get a replacement, so I'm hoping it gets here in time to do my taxes.

As if that wasn't stressing me out enough, I managed to bounce my checkbook. Luckily someone was watching out for me and a check showed up in my mailbox the day it happened. It's still awfully low, but at least I should be okay until my next payday. I'm having company for dinner this weekend, so like it or not I'm going to have to charge the food I need to pick up. I'm just going to have to go more budget than I usually do. I don't think I realized how much I relied on my part time job's paycheck on those in-between weeks. It's going to really be a test making ends meet without it. It makes me realize how much I need to find a job closer to home. My pay would be fine, if I wasn't shelling out $350 a month just for the train ticket. I might love working in NYC, but at some point I need to face up to the fact that I can't really afford it on what I get paid.

Back to my PTR news, with all this going on, as well as the holiday, I completely forgot to make my ADRs on Sunday. It dawned on me Monday morning on my way to work, that there was something I forgot to do. Still completely unprepared I went online once I got to work and booked some ADRs. It was a pretty good method to force myself to come up with a game plan - STAT! I pretty much got everything that I wanted with one exception. I had to be a bit flexible with times, but nothing was really far off from my original request. We'll have to call this itinerary V 1.1.

Day 1 - Fri 10/1
7:50 pm - Dinner at California Grill - I still can't make up my mind about making this a park day or not, so I went with a resort restaurant at a time that will still allow up to take in a park if we like. I would have liked an 8:30 ADR, but the closest they would give me was the 7:50 or 9:30. I love Cali Grill, and am excited about going there again.

Day 2 - Sat. 10/2 - Race Day
7:30 am - Breakfast at Captains Grille
Morning at Magic Kingdom
2:05 pm - Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In
Rest at Hotel
Dinner to go from Marketplace Cafe (fruit, bagel)
10:00 pm - Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon

I'm thinking of changing my breakfast ADR to either Kona or Grand Floridan Cafe. I'm thinking it would just be easier to eat closer to the park that we are going to. I love the Tonga Toast at Kona, but the pics that Heidi posted from the GF looked really good.

Day 3 - Sunday 10/03 Recooperation Day

Possibly Room Service for Breakfast, otherwise the Marketplace
Stormalong Bay in the Early Afternoon
Ice Cream from Beaches and Cream for lunch in the afternoon
4:25 pm - Dinner at the Crystal Palace
MNSSHP

I had been thinking of a meal at CRT, but after looking at the menus and the prices I really can't justify it. Nothing on the menu really appeals to me, and the prices are so crazy expensive it makes my eye twitch. I would have loved to do a breakfast this year, but I refuse to pay $32 for breakfast. That's just crazy.

I had really wanted to do LTT for dinner, but the only available time that was coming up was at 6:00. It was doable, but I don't want to chance missing prime party time at a restaurant. I was surprised that CP was available. I haven't been there since before it became a character meal, so it should be fun, especially with us all dressed up in costumes ourselves.

Day 4 - Monday 10/4
7:30 am - Breakfast at Captains Grille
Morning at MGM
Head over to Epcot
3:25 pm Lunch at Le Cellier
Dinner noshing around F&W fest
Possibly Jellyrolls in the Evening

I may try to get a slightly earlier time for the Le Cellier ADR.

Day 5 - Tuesday 10/5
Breakfast at Marketplace or Boardwalk Bakery
Day at Animal Kingdom
6:10 pm Dinner at the Brown Derby

This day will really depend on what we do the day before. If we go to Jellyrollls I know we are going to want to sleep in a bit and miss rope drop. I hated missing Boma this trip, but my plans came down to Boma or Brown Derby on this night, and I prefer the Derby just a little bit more.

Day 6 - Wed. 10/6
7:30 am - Breakfast at Cape May
Morning at Epcot
Float Between parks/DTD as we like
5:05 pm - Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
Catch Wishes and Spectro

Day 7 - 10/07
Check Out of Beachclub
Breakfast at Marketplace
Head to our next (as of yet unbooked) Universal Hotel
Universal Studios
Dinner at Citywalk - I'm leaning towards HR Cafe

Day 8 - 10/08/10
Islands of Adventure - Harry Potterland!
Dinner at Citywalk - I'd like to try Jimmy Buffet's restaurant

Day 9 - Home!

I need to do a bit more research about meals at US. I need to find out what's available for breakfast.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #145
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Hold the phone. The Wine and Dine half-marathon starts at 10 p.m.?????

Old 04-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #146
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hold the phone. The Wine and Dine half-marathon starts at 10 p.m.?????
Yep, the wine and dine is a night race. I'm guessing the humidity would be too rough earlier this time of the year in Fl. I'm actually more of a night person, so I don't think that it will bother me. I'd much rather run at night than get up before the sun comes out.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #147
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Yep, the wine and dine is a night race. I'm guessing the humidity would be too rough earlier this time of the year in Fl. I'm actually more of a night person, so I don't think that it will bother me. I'd much rather run at night than get up before the sun comes out.
That is true. But, man - I'm normally getting ready for bed at 10 p.m.!

Old 04-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #148
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

GF Cafe....yum!

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #149
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I second the GF Cafe, I have always had good service and good food there.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #150
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is true. But, man - I'm normally getting ready for bed at 10 p.m.!
Luckily I'm usually wide awake in the middle of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
GF Cafe....yum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I second the GF Cafe, I have always had good service and good food there.
I think that's what I'm going to do. I love Kona, but I don't know if I'll want to run after eating Tonga Toast. Plus I love trying new things.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: