DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #46
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Fantastic! I already know the outcome, but I'm reading along anyway!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #47
DenLo
DIS Veteran

I'm hooked and ready for the next installment. I have to admit I would have reneged on the offer that so many girls could go. It just makes me shutter every time I think about the whole trip.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #48
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

I am LOVING it! I love the Eddie Haskell comment - I watched them as reruns too; sometimes I still do on TV Land. Can't wait to read more.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #49
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFERBABE View Post
Hilarious!!!

Im in!!
Yes, it is funny when visiting from afar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Fantastic! I already know the outcome, but I'm reading along anyway!
There are some twists coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
I'm hooked and ready for the next installment. I have to admit I would have reneged on the offer that so many girls could go. It just makes me shutter every time I think about the whole trip.
Come on, you could do it. If I can make it, you can. I used vodka instead of shuttering though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princess View Post
I am LOVING it! I love the Eddie Haskell comment - I watched them as reruns too; sometimes I still do on TV Land. Can't wait to read more.
Love TV Land. Whenever you see Eddie pandering to Mrs. Cleaver, think of number 5.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #50
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Had to go back and catch up with your other TR because this one had me . Can't wait for the rest of the TR.

Goofy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #51
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Hey cj! You are HILARIOUS. I love how you number and describe each of the girls, especially #5...

Can't wait for the next installment! I'm cracking up at every mention of the DUCT TAPE!!
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #52
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

I'm here! Very nice update Can't wait to hear what's next...
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Emma's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #53
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

You are Brave or Crazy or Both.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #54
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Good Job! Looking forward to more details

Proud to be DisDad #356
tutter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #55
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
Had to go back and catch up with your other TR because this one had me . Can't wait for the rest of the TR.
The drive up will be either later today or tomorrow. Thanks for joining us on our odyssey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Hey cj! You are HILARIOUS. I love how you number and describe each of the girls, especially #5...

Can't wait for the next installment! I'm cracking up at every mention of the DUCT TAPE!!
DUCT TAPE, DUCT TAPE, DUCT TAPE. Hope I made your day. Actually forgot the duct tape but found something better on the trip (stay tuned). The leash of shame was there from the beginning. 5 was the one that said she was Hispanic and did not know anything about tea.

Is that a Donald medal around your neck for running the half this year? Way to go. Even if the hamstring didn’t get me and we went, running in sleet sure would have. A well deserved Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
I'm here! Very nice update Can't wait to hear what's next...
Thanks for starting the new Dis Dads thread. A lot of fun over there. Now put your popcorn down and get the extraction beacon fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
You are Brave or Crazy or Both.
Crazy. Definitely crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Good Job! Looking forward to more details
Thanks, much appreciated.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #56
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Lovin' it! Sounds like 5 may have lead you to the martinis for the weekend! Can't wait to read more!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #57
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Driving Up and the Hilton

It has been over six months since our last trip to the World and we needed our Disney fix. Yes, I know we are lucky. Like a general, the invasion plans were well laid out. The biggest was nabbing a Grand Villa at the 11 month window. As other deadlines approached, think dining and the cruise, everything was set and we were ready to go.

When plans are made I also found out they also need to be flexible. And the drive up ended up needing to be just that. Partially my fault, others were an act of divine intervention. Per the plan, I met the kids in the morning at school to pick up their bags. 1 stayed the night with us and another mom dropped off her daughter’s bag the night before. The rest met me at the school drop off point on time and things went well. Looking good. For now.

Got back to the house and I have to admit that while I am a Disney trip planner extraordinaire, my personal packing ability is lacking. While the kid’s laundry was done earlier, mine was started when I got back from school. A big mistake. Plus I had some unexpected work to finish. Finally, I was able to drop the dog off at the vet and I was at the car place at 2:00. In the meantime, laundry is tumbling in the dryer. The car company is the one that will pick you up but I found out that they would not deliver the car and let you take the delivery driver back. So, I had to drive my car to the house and wait for the guy to deliver the van that I could see in the parking lot while I was there. Then he needed to drive me back so they could hand over the keys and say, “Here is your car.”

After all that, I finally got back to the house. Threw the clothes that were in the dryer in my suitcase and transferred the million bags from the car to the rental van. The idea was to pick the kids up at 3:00 but it was after 4:00 before I left the house. Finally picked them up at close to 4:30.

I knew it was going to be tight but not this tight. Wish I would have taken a pic of the back where there bags were. Every time I opened the tailgate, many things would fall out. We also had snacks, drinks and computers in the front of the van making getting in and out difficult.

Loaded them and their school bags and we were off. How we fit everything in, I have no idea. The plan was to take the Turnpike extension and zip up to Orlando. All was good except one thing. I FORGOT THE TICKETS. What an idiot. So we had to go back to the house and had to bypass the Turnpike. After picking up the tickets, we were back on the road, this time the Palmetto. Traffic was heavy and it took forever to get out of Dade County and hook up with the Turnpike. Once we got to West Palm, things again slowed to a crawl. Plus it was raining heavily. To make a long story less long, we finally made it to the Buena Vista Hilton a little before 10:00.

The plan was to go to Riverside and see Yeehaw Bob but I bagged that idea. All I wanted to do was to put up my feet and have a cocktail. Check-in was smooth. They assumed I wanted adjoining rooms. Thought about it for a minute and was about to ask if you could put them in another hotel, but said yes, adjoining rooms would work. All the kids took one room which meant some of them had to sleep on the floor. They loved it. There was some noise but after a couple of times chastising them, they quieted down and went to sleep. I was hyped up from the drive and stayed up later than they did.

I have to say, the Hilton was nice. Especially with the price that I paid. I also asked where I could buy a razor since I forgot mine and they gladly handed one over free of charge. They did charge $10 for self parking which was annoying. Here are a few pics of the resort.

The bed was real comfy.

The flat screen HDTV was really cool. Have to get me one of those.

The desk/work area was nice. They charge for internet service unless you are a Hilton rewards customer so that was my excuse not to log on and do some work.

Settled down to watch some TV and yell at the kids to keep the noise level down. Finally went to bed. Got up late the next morning, around 6:30. Normally I am up and about at 5:30. Watched the news and checked the weather. Today was going to be iffy, major chance of thunderstorms. Hope it will not ruin the Illuminations’ cruise.

Got the car and drove over to the Boardwalk. Ahh, home again. Charlotte checked me in with no wait and handed me my Welcome Home packet. Had a discussion with her and the CM next to her about the idiotic decision to take my daughter and 6 of her friends alone to WDW. They were sympathetic but thought it was funny. Gee, thanks.

Returned to the Hilton and after a bit, I decided to have breakfast. I went to the main restaurant, sorry, forgot the name. They had a buffet for $20 or you could choose from their menu selections. I opted to order off the menu and had the usual eggs, sausage and home fries. The meal was good but could have been hotter. My server was not very efficient and I had to wait forever for my drink, ordering the meal, food, refill of my drink, the check… It is vacation time so I did not sweat it. Total with tip came to about $19 dollars.

Still too early to wake up the munchkins so I walked around the resort. As an aside when they went to bed last night they asked when they were going to get up in the morning. Some suggested noon. I laughed my evil laugh and told them we needed to be out of the rooms by 11:00. First wake-up call will be at 9:30 and they needed to be ready to go at 10:45. That did not go over well.

Some pics of the hotel. They have an Edy’s Ice Cream place if you have a sweet tooth attack

This is their general store that is open 24 hours. Good selection of stuff. Not cheap, I would say Disney priced.

There was some construction going on where they had part of the lobby walled off

This is their sports bar. Had cocktails in the room so I did not visit it.

The Disney store, so close but yet so far from the mouse’s house.

So I guess the place I had breakfast was the Covington Hill Restaurant. Prices for the character breakfast seemed reasonable especially when you get champagne and mimosas. Cindy’s place could use the mimosa idea.

The only negative I could find was transportation issues. The busses are supposed to leave every 30 minutes but a couple of people I talked to said that was a fallacy.

This bus was taunting the people waiting to go to the parks. The driver eventually got in and promptly pulled out without picking anyone up.

The view from the room. Nice, but not a Boardwalk view is it.

That is it for now. Up next, waking up the mob and tea.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #58
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
The flat screen HDTV was really cool. Have to get me one of those.
Forget the flat screen. This pic is priceless. It feels like such a product placement.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #59
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

Cinco with the stare?

If so she sure looks like she needs some tea.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #60
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
They assumed I wanted adjoining rooms. Thought about it for a minute and was about to ask if you could put them in another hotel, but said yes, adjoining rooms would work.
OMG.

Reminds me of our family trip of 13 when I first bought DVC. Two sides of a family. I get to SSR and get lovingly chewed out by the CM because why didn't I do Grand Gatherings - how was she going to get all rooms next to each other at this point. How? Huh?

Me with a blank stare and intense fear. OMG - she wants our family to be altogether. OMG - she's on a mission to put our family altogether. OMG. Please God help me.

I'm like - oh no that's not necessary AT ALL but thank you so much.

Obviously not getting the hint she works at the computer and with a smile of intense pride says, "I did it!" "Everyone is on the same floor - same building." "Two are connecting!!!!" "Isn't that great?"

Yes, that is SO great. Thank you so much.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: