DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #31
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
I was telling my daughter Sarah about the "nuclear option" (leash of shame) and her reply (Sarah age 12) was "When do I get to take my friends?" . That will teach me to share conversations from disbroads friends. Thanks to you cj9200 I think I have agreed to sponsor a gaggle of teenagers at WDW in three or four years. If that be the case I will definitely be bringing both the leash of shame (thanks DMKEDM for the idea) and the duct tape.
Do not blame me, it was not my fault. Tell Sarah that I think it would be an excellent idea for mom to take her and 20 or so friends to WDW. Think of the memories. Do it this year, why wait? As an aside, one mom just dropped of her daughter’s bag and asked how many are going. DD answered 7 plus dad. Her response was, “Oh my.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
Please cut me a little slack as I've been sick and the fevers and headaches are affecting my thought process and vision. But have you already gone to WDW for your DD's sweet sixteen? Or is it still coming up?

And if you have gone when do we actually get the trip report? My days are just dragging here thanks to this bug I've picked up. Sure could use one of your entertaining trip reports to make my day go quicker.

I'll try not to whine anymore. But each day I have checked the DIS for your trip report, and now I'm not even sure when the trip starts.
Feel better. We leave tomorrow from school at 3:00. I may need to bring the computer for work so there may be a post or two about the trip while we are there. It may happen but don’t count on it. Right now I am doing laundry and will pack later tonight. We may go see the frog at 10:00. One of the monsters is spending the night and the two of them are already driving me nuts.

Check the national news this weekend to see if I lose it. “Deranged dad takes Mickey hostage in an attempt to go to jail instead of being stuck with his daughter and her friends.” News at 11:00.
cj9200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #32
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
She knows this time there will be others ahead of the line to be locked in the birdcage. .
How incredibly lovely.

Quote:
While the facilitator was talking about visualizing our work on the desk catching fire (Work catching fire? That is supposed to relax me?)
Of course it was - what's wrong with you?

Caught the goal. Midfield or Forward? I used to think that soccer was the absolute biggest yawn. I know. But then I saw some rep teams live. A whole new world.

We are all waiting for the fun to begin. At your expense, of course.

So please have fun.
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #33
dopeygirl76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Check the national news this weekend to see if I lose it. “Deranged dad takes Mickey hostage in an attempt to go to jail instead of being stuck with his daughter and her friends.” News at 11:00.

I have been reading along and enjoying the pretrip info so much I dont think I can stand it until y ou get back!! However the anticipation of the outcome may hold me over.

Enjoy!! Good Luck!! and remember you are in a MAGIC place!!!
Dec 06 POP (First Family trip - ME 6 months preg) Nov 07 POFQ with MIL & FIL Apr 08 SSR 1st DVC, DD 4th b-day, ME & DH 7th ANN Oct 08 VWL Apr 09 OKW, FILs 60th Bday Nov 09 BCVApr 10 OKW DSis HS grad the WHOLE famSept 10 SSMC 1st time Cruising and BLT!Apr 11AKV-Kidani 10th Anniversary & EasterDec 11SSR 1st CPMay 12Disney's Doubletree DTD work & fun all in one!Aug 12 DCL 5day Carribbean CruiseNov 12 Thanksgiving with the Mouse!!!
dopeygirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #34
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

It offically starts in about 30 minutes. Still some last minute things to pack, drop off the dog and pick up the van. Picking up the bags went well. Everyone was ready and waiting. See you next week.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #35
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

You . Us .

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #36
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Feel better. We leave tomorrow from school at 3:00. I may need to bring the computer for work so there may be a post or two about the trip while we are there. It may happen but don’t count on it. Right now I am doing laundry and will pack later tonight. We may go see the frog at 10:00. One of the monsters is spending the night and the two of them are already driving me nuts.

. . . . . . .

It offically starts in about 30 minutes. Still some last minute things to pack, drop off the dog and pick up the van. Picking up the bags went well. Everyone was ready and waiting. See you next week.
WooHoo! Have a great trip and remember to take sanity breaks for yourself, like the one you plan to go the Poly bar while the girls go to GF for tea. Thanks for the kinds words, feel better already. Post when and if you can. I would imagine you will have too much to do to post for us.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #37
dgaston
Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies" t-shirt

cj9200: I so enjoy your sense of humor. Love the fashion advice session and the line about being Hispanic and knowing nothing about tea. This will be a memorable weekend for sure.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #38
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Thought I would drop a note to report I am still alive and well. Most of the kids are also. The drive up was a horror but things have gone better since then. It is currently raining but is supposed to stop early tomorrow am. The leash of shame has been threatened but not invoked yet.

Last edited by cj9200; 01-17-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #39
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
You . Us .
Love it!

Quote:
Thought I would drop a note to report I am still alive and well. Most of the kids are also. The drive up was a horror but things have gone better since then. It is currently raining but is suppose to stop early tomorrow am. The leash of shame has been threatened but not invoked yet.
and on the bold. I think the tea was today, wasn't it?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #40
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
The drive up was a horror but things have gone better since then.
So many places to go with this. Could be weather. Could be traffic. Could be incessant squawking. Could be radio and singing a blarin'. Could be tea talk en espanol. Could have forgotten the meds. So many places.

Have fun! And can't wait to see the GV. They must be loving that.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:26 AM   #41
DMKEDM
DIS Veteran

As you're arriving, we're leaving...it's been a terrific week (even including the freezing temps at the week's beginning)...I'll leave the pixie dust that so liberally sprinkled our days for you...

THings got really busy here at the World yesterday....all those "non-lines" (fast passes for 9:41 at 9:35 at Space Mountain!) of earlier this week are but a memory now...still, good times no doubt await you...

Have a GREAT time; look forward to hearing about it when you get back...
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #42
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

I SURVIVIED. More surprising is that all the kids did too. Tried to leave a couple at a rest stop but had to slow down for traffic and they caught up to us. I told the other kids to ignore them but they were compassionate and opened the door so they could dive in.

The trip had its ups and downs, highs and lows, zigs and zags. It was the best of times and the worst of times. Wait, I think I read that somewhere. Any more clichés I can add?

A good time was had by all and was well worth doing. We did some fun stuff together and they did some more fun stuff (for both them and me) alone as a group. The trip report will start in a couple of days. To paraphrase Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump, “I’m kinda tired. I think I will go to bed now.”
Old 01-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #43
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Can't wait for the TR! Glad to hear that everyone is alive and well!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #44
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

The Cast

OK, we are back from a wonderful trip. I made it through the weekend. Did all the kids? Yes they did but you will have to see how close some of them came to not making it.

This all started because DD has had a tough year and a half. If you read the New Year’s TR, you will know that her mom is not doing well health wise. Adding to that was getting into her preferred high school which was a painful odyssey in itself. After the Quinces party, in what I thought would be a pick me up for her, I suggested that we take a few friends to Disney for her 16th birthday. Again, was I stupid nuts?

At 11 months, I made a reservation for a Grand Villa at the Boardwalk. Things then started to fall into place and after many months of anticipation we were ready to hit the World. Bought Florida resident, one-day park hoppers for five of the kids at AAA. $500 plus for those. DD, GF#1 and I had park days left from our summer trip. As we got closer, made a reservation for the van, the vet for my better child (the dog) and sent invite letters to the participants’ parents to outline what we were doing, were we were going to be and how to get in touch with me.

She is much more loyal than her older sister.

So, who are the participants you may ask? Here is the Gang minus me.

The cast of characters:

Me AKA Dad: In my mind, I am still a kid even though the bones creak a little louder. Single Dad and a Disney fan since watching Uncle Walt every Sunday night as he introduced a new show. Just to let you know, I was extremely young then and they were probably reruns. Lost count of the number of trips I have taken to the World. DVC member since 1996 and it was the best money I ever spent.

DD AKA Princess, Pooh, or Hey You: Has inherited Dad’s love for the mouse. All around good kid (usually), gets good grades and is a bit of a risk taker. She has been looking forward to this trip for a long time.

The Mob AKA The Herd: After riding Safari and listening about elephants (“A matriarchal dominated society that rules their domain”), they were so named.

GF #1 AKA the whiner: DD’s yin to her yang. They actually have matching Mickey ears representing the Tao symbol. This will be the third time she has gone to Disney with us. Their last trip is outlined in the link below my signature.

This is DD’s Mickey ears. 1’s are the opposite, if a part on DD’s is white, hers is black and vice-a-versa. DD brought hers with the intention of taking a picture of the two of them but alas 1 forgot her ears. When she realized that she forgot them she called her mom and asked her to bring them to school. The response was what I would have said, “Are you crazy?”

Here they are enjoying watching Bolt during the summer at the BC Solarium. To keep her in line, 1 was threatened replacement on our regular Disney trips with one of the other girls who behave better.

GF #2 AKA Moe: 2 is DD’s soccer buddy. Last summer they spent two weeks at a sleep away soccer camp. Always friends but since that experience, they hang out together more. DD, 1 and 2 became the dominant members of the mob/herd.

GF #3 AKA the shutterbug: She was the designated photographer on the trip and took many of the pics that will be posted in the TR. Did a great job. I scared the h*** out of 3 once when I picked up her and DD from school. I was in a hurry to get back to work but 3 needed a ride home and DD volunteered me. Plus they were late at the pick-up area. I was a bit miffed. OK a lot miffed and DD heard it from me while 3 cowered in the back seat. I think it was the talk about baseball bats. She has since seen me in non-miffed mode so the fear factor has diminished. Too bad, it could have been useful on this trip. “Don’t get him mad, he has baseball bats.”

GF #4 AKA Curly: 4 is a good friend to 3 and is part of the pack. I didn’t really know her well before the trip, so we shall see if it works out.

GF #5 AKA the suck up: 5 drives me nuts. Think Eddie Haskell from the Leave it to Beaver show. The old timers out there will know what I am talking about. Again, I was young and they were repeats. I don’t think she does it on purpose it is just that she does. This was the Quinces girl in the first post. In Middle School, I took her and DD on an air boat trip to the Everglades for a science project. While the guide was talking about the ecosystem, she shouts out, “Look at the pretty bird.” As everyone was staring at us, my response was, “Hey, she is not my kid.” If you were betting on the one that is most likely to be left behind at a rest stop, put your money on 5.

GF #6 AKA Larry: 6 was a late entry to our little odyssey. She had a volleyball game over the weekend and wasn’t sure her parents would let her skip it. Of course since it would cost me more money, she was allowed to go. DD and 6 were in the same homeroom in 1st Grade. At the time, I worked just past downtown Miami and the elementary school was way southwest of the house. 6’s mom and I were always the first parents to be at pre-care so we could drop off the kids and speed off to work.

Actually, they are all pretty good kids and overachievers. 1,2,3,4 and 6 went to the same schools and were in the same academic program with DD since the 1st or 2nd Grade. 5 joined them in Middle school. So they are really tight. Their childhood memories are collective ones because they do not really remember not being with each other. Pity the boy that messes with the affections with one of them. He will feel the wrath of the others. I have seen it and it is not pretty.

So that is who joined DD for her birthday. This is a long a post just introducing the cast and more pre stuff. Ending now and will start the next one with the trip up and first day. Read on at your own risk as you travel into the teenager zone. Believe me it is more scary than the Tower of Terror. Promise more pics in future posts.

Up Next: When are we going to get there? AKA I REALLY DO HAVE DUCT TAPE.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #45
LIFERBABE
DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV

Hilarious!!!

Im in!!

"Mama I want go see Mittey Mouse"
MAY 1998 Apopka/JUNE 2002 Highland Rsrv./JUNE 2003 Wind. PalmsMAY 2004 SSR DVC Member Homecoming/JUNE 2004 SOG & BCV 2B2Q/OCT 2004 BWV 1B & SSR H-Jeanne/ DEC 2004 VWL & SSR/MAY to JUNE 2005 MONTH VISIT TO BCV AND SSR/SEPT 05 DVC MEMBER CRUISE DCL Wonder/DEC 05 BCV & SSR/MAY-June 2006 SSR/Sept 2006 7 Day DCL Double Castaway Cay/Oct 2006 DVC Member Cruise 2006/Dec 2006-Jan 2007 Christmas @ BCV & NYE @ SSR/March 2007 Girls trip to BWV & SSR/June 2007 Family Reunion @ SSR/July 2007 First Trip to AKV Sav.View!/Oct 2007 BCV F&WF/Dec-Jan 2008 AKV Concierge and SSR/JUNE 08 BCV/SSR/AUG-SEP 08TOAL EB REPO/OCT 08 F&WF BCV concierge/DEC 08 SSR/AKV/HHI/JUNE 09 DCL/DEC 09 THV/.........
LIFERBABE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: