DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #16
DMKEDM
DIS Veteran

You can't steal the "nuclear option" (leash of shame) because I freely give it to you...it was, probably, the single most brilliant idea I've ever had!

And phone calls/emails/DisBoard posts to share experiences (and get & give advice) are most welcome...

You're right: I've escaped the make-up issues...instead, I got to deal with a bunch of boys dropping toy helicopters off the balcony to see if they might fly...sigh...but they had so much fun; did no harm (even managed to contain the noise level); and were prepared to cease and desist had it bothered anyone around us...

Our group was "mixed" (3 of each)--but I'm happy to report I also escaped boyfriend-girlfriend issues. Truthfully, that bothered me more, ahead of time, in terms of potential problems, than anything else...

I find I'm just a bit jealous reading thru this thread...it brings back such precious memories...I envy you your upcoming trip! I've done (and expect to do more) DS-friends trips since, but he's an adult now, and so are his friends...there's just nothing like the exuberance of teenagers at Disney...

This trip is absolutely guaranteed to be a memory-maker...embrace it; cherish it; and take a lot of valium with you, too!
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #17
kdzgon
DIS Veteran

I just found your trip reports last night - I must say I have enjoyed them. As you said you were not likely taking the computer, you are probably reading this after your return. Thus, I hope the marathon went well (although in actuality it is on right now).

I get the impression from your threads that you feel it necessary to use your FPs during the actual stated hour only. In case you are (or, for that matter anyone reading this is) unaware, under current SOP at WDW you can use your FP any time that same day after the FP start time. Hence, if your FP is for 11:20 to 12:20, you can use that FP any time after 11:20 until the close of that park that same day. I apologize if you already knew this, but it's a quite helpful hint so I'm posting it "just in case".

Looking forward to the updates on this trip!
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #18
DMKEDM
DIS Veteran

Just reread your original post...we may be there at the same time!

We leave tomorrow (Sun, 1/10) for a week at AKV (Jambo)...zap me a PM if you want "supervisory relief" from the teenagers...I love 'em!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #19
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post
You can't steal the "nuclear option" (leash of shame) because I freely give it to you...it was, probably, the single most brilliant idea I've ever had!

You're right: I've escaped the make-up issues...instead, I got to deal with a bunch of boys dropping toy helicopters off the balcony to see if they might fly...sigh...but they had so much fun; did no harm (even managed to contain the noise level); and were prepared to cease and desist had it bothered anyone around us...

Our group was "mixed" (3 of each)--but I'm happy to report I also escaped boyfriend-girlfriend issues. Truthfully, that bothered me more, ahead of time, in terms of potential problems, than anything else...

This trip is absolutely guaranteed to be a memory-maker...embrace it; cherish it; and take a lot of valium with you, too!
Helicopters off the balcony sounds like more fun than putting on eye shadow. There is absolutely no way I could take a mixed trip. Valium, martinis and the leash of shame would not be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzgon View Post
I get the impression from your threads that you feel it necessary to use your FPs during the actual stated hour only. In case you are (or, for that matter anyone reading this is) unaware, under current SOP at WDW you can use your FP any time that same day after the FP start time. Hence, if your FP is for 11:20 to 12:20, you can use that FP any time after 11:20 until the close of that park that same day. I apologize if you already knew this, but it's a quite helpful hint so I'm posting it "just in case".

Looking forward to the updates on this trip!
Still here because I pulled my hamstring and was out of the race. Have to hand it to the runners yesterday and today because it is freaking cold in Miami. Add the rain yesterday it had to be miserable. Congrats to all that started, let alone finished.

Thanks for posting the tip. It is a good one. I knew about it but there may be others out there that did not. We usually want to get on the ride as soon as the window opens, so we stop what we are doing and hit the attraction.

Quote:
Just reread your original post...we may be there at the same time!

We leave tomorrow (Sun, 1/10) for a week at AKV (Jambo)...zap me a PM if you want "supervisory relief" from the teenagers...I love 'em!
If you see this, I hope you have a great time. Would not want to ruin your vacation in order for you to supervise the mob. If you happen to bump into 7 girls, with maybe one dad in tow, say hi, it is probably us. If it is just 7 girls running around chastise them for something. Tell them that dad has spies all over WDW.

Last edited by cj9200; 01-10-2010 at 11:01 AM.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #20
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
..there's just nothing like the exuberance of teenagers at Disney...
that's so true...i love watching how excited teens get at wdw!
yes, little ones can be cute to watch at wdw, but teenagers will actually remember the trip for the rest of their lives

they can be very entertaining, tho never, ever look directly at them

it's great that you are keeping them in check, but allowing them to wander a bit too....bet your dd comes home saying you're the best parent ever!!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #21
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
Yeah! I can't wait to hear about the trip!! They are gonna have so much fun and so will you! I really wish my dad had been as cool as you are. Hopefully she realizes it, if not she will when she gets a little older.

Yes take lots of pics! especially ones that can be used as blackmail for a later date.
Tinks, sorry I did not respond to your post, I read it when you posted and just missed it when it was time to respond. I am determined to have fun and they will also or they will have to walk home. At times, DD does not really think I am that cool but I think this is one of those memory trips. There will be plenty of pics and have recruited an accomplice within the group. Thinking of slipping her a few bucks to take the blackmail pictures when I am not with them.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:03 AM   #22
DMKEDM
DIS Veteran

We're at AKV/Jambo now...got here yesterday...just in from "defeat" at my attempt to hike around AKL/AKV for exercise...just too cold for my taste/energy level! Last night the weather folks were saying it was going down to 25 last night...the weather on right now says it's 30...I'm feeling "wimpy"...maybe I'll bundle up (have all my northern clime stuff w/me) and try again...

How did the long weekend wind up? Was a totally grand time had by all?

I've got two "young 20s" w/me now and their exuberance--while a tad moderated over the levels during teenage years--is contagious...we had fun yesterday, despite a challenging travel day (the gridlock on WDW roads was a sight to behold...we arrived in the middle of the marathon being run and there was either a sea of people or bumper-to-bumper cars everywhere we looked)...

Can't wait to read about the girls' adventures (including make-up)...
Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #23
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Yeah! Another laughfest is here.

But I will say you're seeming a tad more relaxed. Have you been meditating?

Or could it be this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post

Just thinking about that makes me want to take a Valium.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #24
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post
that's so true...i love watching how excited teens get at wdw! they can be very entertaining, tho never, ever look directly at them
That reminds me of the cruise line commercial where they have a shot of a teen and they show her smiling and then it is gone. Teens are entertaining and you are right, do not look directly at them. One of my best stories is the makeup going to a water park. WHAT? I laughed forever after they went on the first slide and the hair and makeup was a mess. Their comeback was the makeup is waterproof. Yea, right.

Quote:
I've got two "young 20s" w/me now and their exuberance--while a tad moderated over the levels during teenage years--is contagious...we had fun yesterday, despite a challenging travel day (the gridlock on WDW roads was a sight to behold...we arrived in the middle of the marathon being run and there was either a sea of people or bumper-to-bumper cars everywhere we looked)...

Can't wait to read about the girls' adventures (including make-up)...
Almost glad that I had the hamstring pull and missed the half marathon. It was miserable down here in Miami that day, cold and raining. Can only imagine how it was out on the course. Glad you are having a great trip and am looking forward to hearing more. Have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Yeah! Another laughfest is here.

But I will say you're seeming a tad more relaxed. Have you been meditating?

Or could it be this :Valium.
Welcome back. You have it right, I have been medicating. Oh, I mean meditating. Yea, thats right meditating.

PS. She scored a great goal yesterday in their last soccer game.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #25
christa112
DIS Veteran

OP--I hope you have a great trip with your daughter and her friends. This will definately be a birthday trip they all remember.

p.s. That totally sounds like something my dad would have done for me. Girls will always love their dad's for doing special things like that for them.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #26
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

cj9200 I cannot WAIT for this TR!! I think stupid-nuts is an understatement! You are a very brave soul! May the force be with you! (and the valium and martinis be plentiful!)

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #27
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post

Welcome back. You have it right, I have been medicating. Oh, I mean meditating. Yea, thats right meditating.
Oh man.

Although I am giving up hope on the meditating. I actually read the pre trip to get all ready. Ohm and duct tape aren't actually first cousins.

And speaking of crazy and hilarious behaviour -

This pic - on DVC Mike's TR (which I just lifted - sorry Mike )- nearly sent me into hysterics. Does she actually read your TRs? Is she sure on the tea? She's obviously a risk taker.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:44 AM   #28
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Are you talking about this picture and comment from our summer trip?

Maybe I can lock them in the birdcage

She knows this time there will be others ahead of the line to be locked in the birdcage. Have to get pics of them at various spots at the Grand Floridian including here. Some of the kids are freaking out about the tea. DD got a frantic call last night from one of them for fashion advice. I have a skirt is that OK. I got on the phone and told her to relax. She responded, I am Hispanic, I dont know anything about tea. Too funny. The other big debate is can I wear jeans? God help me.

You are right, meditating is not my thing. I went to a staff conference a couple of years ago and one of the mandatory seminars was a Stress relief meditation session. While the facilitator was talking about visualizing our work on the desk catching fire (Work catching fire? That is supposed to relax me?), my left leg was bouncing up and down thinking when is this torture going to be over? We were told to keep our eyes closed but I kept glancing around at other people with similar personalities and the expressions were the same. When is nonsense ending so we can get some real work done. So on this trip, medication is a definite, meditation not so much.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #29
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

I was telling my daughter Sarah about the "nuclear option" (leash of shame) and her reply (Sarah age 12) was "When do I get to take my friends?" . That will teach me to share conversations from disbroads friends. Thanks to you cj9200 I think I have agreed to sponsor a gaggle of teenagers at WDW in three or four years. If that be the case I will definitely be bringing both the leash of shame (thanks DMKEDM for the idea) and the duct tape.

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #30
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Question Confused and whining--pathetic aren't I?

Please cut me a little slack as I've been sick and the fevers and headaches are affecting my thought process and vision. But have you already gone to WDW for your DD's sweet sixteen? Or is it still coming up?

And if you have gone when do we actually get the trip report? My days are just dragging here thanks to this bug I've picked up. Sure could use one of your entertaining trip reports to make my day go quicker.

I'll try not to whine anymore. But each day I have checked the DIS for your trip report, and now I'm not even sure when the trip starts.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: