Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
fastmb
Earning My Ears

What is there to do in Celebration?

We go to Orlando every year, and have never been to Celebration! Could you tell me what there is to do there? Is it a nice place to spend a few hours in an afternoon? I heard that the Town Tavern in a good restaurant.
Thanks!
fastmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Purseval
DIS Veteran

There is a square across from a lake with shopping and several restaurants. We were there last October and took a lot of pictures of Celebration Town Tavern, including some of the menu

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2311396
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
Detailor
DIS Veteran

We like Celebration and almost always stop by during our Orlando vacations. And we really like the Celebration Town Tavern - it's basically a Massachusetts/New England themed restaurant with great seafood and lots of other food choices. If it's warm enough, the "Boston Garden" outdoors section will be open for dining (they have heaters for coolish times). Grab one of the tables with the swing seating for a nice experience.

What's to do in Celebration?
Well, Celebration isn't a traditional tourist attraction it's a community so it has a lot of the features that you'd find in any town. But some of the things to do include...
a few shops that are interesting,
several eating places,
a movie theater, and
great walking paths - look for the wildlife, including some gators.
I think that you can still rent one of those electric vehicles or a Segway to scoot around the town (or you can just walk or drive around) and see the various Celebration homes. Look for the unique little "for sale" signs that are posted in front of some of the homes.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote