Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran
 
ADisneyQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 3,541

Weird things at WDW last week!

We had two strange things happen. Maybe some of you know why-
1. Rides were going a lot faster. Our Jungle Cruise boat ride was so fast, the cruise director hardly caught her breath before she began another sentence. There was barely time to take a picture. This also happened on the safari ride and the Mexico ride. I guess they were trying to get as many people through as possible.
2. We dined at Chef Mickey's twice, for dinner and brunch. Both times we were seated at the same table. How strange is that? BTW, it was near the kitchen door but the first table the characters would visit.
__________________
Our Family DH Me DD17 DD13, DC 18 RIP, DC 2
Dec.2001-First family trip to WDW, ASMovies
Nov.2003-CSR,Oct. 2004-Offsite at HIFS(now Nick Hotel)March 2006-POP,Easter March 2008- POP
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
PSUGuy
Bill From PA
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
Posts: 1,881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
1. Rides were going a lot faster. Our Jungle Cruise boat ride was so fast, the cruise director hardly caught her breath before she began another sentence. There was barely time to take a picture. This also happened on the safari ride and the Mexico ride. I guess they were trying to get as many people through as possible.
Perhaps they just seemed faster because it was so cold, or maybe the CMs were going faster to ge out of the cold?

Bill From PA
__________________
PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran
 
ADisneyQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 3,541

My DH videotaped the JC. We are going to play it at the same time as our other taped JC from a few years ago.
I forgot to add that on the JC and safari we had to wait several minutes to get off b/c there were so many backed up boats/cars from them going so fast.
__________________
Our Family DH Me DD17 DD13, DC 18 RIP, DC 2
Dec.2001-First family trip to WDW, ASMovies
Nov.2003-CSR,Oct. 2004-Offsite at HIFS(now Nick Hotel)March 2006-POP,Easter March 2008- POP
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
Heidijs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southeastern Minnesota
Posts: 800



Now that I've read this, I have this funny picture in my head about all our rides being in fast foward during our trip! Now the stupid dreams are going to kick in again!
__________________
Heidijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 74,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
Rides were going a lot faster.
Already a current discussion of this-

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2364470


3 Revolutions

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran
 
Good Morning Dewdrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,398

We often get the same table when we dine at the Princess Breakfast in Norway. It's one of the first ones the princesses visit so we love it! I think it's because of our family size (3 people). It's a 4 top table but right next to a wall so I think it would feel more cramped with 4 so they aim to seat 3 people there.

We're disappointed (not majorly but a little) when we don't get "our" table
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
kmk1180
"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World."
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 2,693

Well as a former Jungle Skipper I know the boat only go so fast..
(Usually only late at night when it's almost empty with no line and fewer boat out on the water.)
But skippers can take it as slow as they want to tell the story.
As a skipper it's your job to not interfer in the same scene with the boat in front so your pace is dicated by the boat infront of you not behind you.
__________________
Walt Disney World: Been There Done That. Going Back!
kmk1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
kmk1180
"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World."
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 2,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
We had two strange things happen. Maybe some of you know why-
1. Rides were going a lot faster. Our Jungle Cruise boat ride was so fast, . This also happened on the safari ride and the Mexico ride. I guess they were trying to get as many people through as possible.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUGuy View Post
Perhaps they just seemed faster because it was so cold, or maybe the CMs were going faster to ge out of the cold?

Bill From PA
Now it's been a while since I've beenon that ride but...
Isn't the Mexico Ride indoors?
Or is the theming that good, they vary the room temp also and have the thermometer too low?
__________________
Walt Disney World: Been There Done That. Going Back!
kmk1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #9
Jasperann
DIS Veteran
 
Jasperann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmk1180 View Post
Now it's been a while since I've beenon that ride but...
Isn't the Mexico Ride indoors?
Or is the theming that good, they vary the room temp also and have the thermometer too low?


That really really made me laugh and cry!
__________________
Me, DDP, DS 6, DD 9, DD 9, and DD 16 (monkey96)
FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ March 2014 Pop
Jasperann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
DBarber600
Mouseketeer
 
DBarber600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmk1180 View Post
Well as a former Jungle Skipper I know the boat only go so fast..
(Usually only late at night when it's almost empty with no line and fewer boat out on the water.)
But skippers can take it as slow as they want to tell the story.
As a skipper it's your job to not interfer in the same scene with the boat in front so your pace is dicated by the boat infront of you not behind you.
I'm from Bettendorf, too!

Maybe you'll find it interesting that I know someone else from Bettendorf that was also an employee at WDW ... as Chip's "helper" .
__________________
June 2006 - ASMo "Herbie Hotel", AKL Savannah View June 2007 - AKL Savannah View, Beach Club Villas
June 2008 - ASMo "Herbie Hotel", Beach Club Villas March 2009 - DL Grand Californian
July 2009 - SSR, Pop, AKV March 2010 - AKV June 2010 - AKV September 2010 - AKV
March 2011 - OKW, DCL Dream, Boardwalk Villas March 2012 - AKV March 2013 - AKV, DCL Dream, AKV

DBarber600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
kmk1180
"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World."
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 2,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBarber600 View Post
I'm from Bettendorf, too!

Maybe you'll find it interesting that I know someone else from Bettendorf that was also an employee at WDW ... as Chip's "helper" .

Hey small world...oh wiat that's a different ride.
__________________
Walt Disney World: Been There Done That. Going Back!
kmk1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many more days until your trip to WDW part 3 pinkerbell Doing the Happy Dance! 4952 08-10-2010 12:53 AM
WDW planning help needed zeitzeuge Gay and Lesbian at Disney 122 04-15-2010 03:59 PM
Your most magical WDW experiences MonorailMan Gay and Lesbian at Disney 48 02-15-2010 04:32 PM
How much freedom do you give your kids at WDW and home? FreeTime Disney for Families 74 01-13-2010 07:25 PM
Doncha just hate it when you have to do the right thing?--UPDATE pg 5 #63 minkydog Community Board 87 01-07-2010 06:47 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.