Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
Disney.Ears

I was suprised I didn't get lost!
Everyone's a little crazy

"Lost" fans want their own Disney theme park ride?

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/found-lost-...ttraction--894

I don't get it. Personally, I'm not a fan of "Lost" so I don't want them to take away rides to put in something I wouldn't want.
What do you think?
Retired Tags:
Now why did they stick this keychain up my butt?
Hi my name's me.
I guess I would go on both sides.
Disney.Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
AliceinHalloweentown
Leader of the WDI Cult
“One person's craziness is another person's reality." -Tim Burton
"When you're curious, you'll find lots of interesting things to do" -Walt Disney

xD
I literally just read a thread about this on micechat.
It's not for taking over just any attraction, it's to take over Disneyland's TSI (which is currently pirates themed as it is closer to New Orleans Square than Frontierland... and they changed the dock to reflect that).

This is the worst idea since Tom Sawyer's Island: Pirates Lair.

So, you wanna play?
AliceinHalloweentown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
dancer067
I dance dance dance!!!I am THE sole survivor!!!Second Star to the Right, and Straight on Till Morning

Location: Never Never Land, but I have a vacation house in OZ ;)

No. nononononoo! I will not allow it!

(:P lol but no, I don't want that at all. Lost fans might but, its not WDW ride material!)
dope biddie kehd.
I'm a GLEEK! (:
Beantown!
Dwight picked the wrong day to put a wooden mallard on my desk - Jim Halpert
Agent Michael Scarn: Threat Level Midnight
Michael: Where's my evite-ation?
Ryan started the fire!
Ryan: I'm very flattered. I was his second choice after "pass"
BIG TUNA!
The worst part about prison was the Dementors! - "Prison Mike"
Michael: I'm not supersticous, but I am a little sticious.
BEARS. BEETS. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.
dancer067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
GoofysOnlyGirl
DIS Veteran

hahaha I am a fan of lost. If it is taking over tom sawyer/pirates then yes, I want it, because honestly that little island can be anything that has to do with woods and still fit the theme and can have a playground. If it is anywhere else then no.
GoofysOnlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
AliceinHalloweentown
Leader of the WDI Cult
"When you're curious, you'll find lots of interesting things to do" -Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofysOnlyGirl View Post
hahaha I am a fan of lost. If it is taking over tom sawyer/pirates then yes, I want it, because honestly that little island can be anything that has to do with woods and still fit the theme and can have a playground. If it is anywhere else then no.
..but it takes place in modern day.

New Orleans Square is old school 'nawlins and Frontierland is the Old West, and
Critter Country is the old south.

A modern day island would be quite jarring.

Maybe it could be given a museum or something in DCA's Hollywood or Disney's Hollywood Studios.

So, you wanna play?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #6
BabyPiglet
Stop Child Abuse NOW
I'm incredibly obsessive about keeping my fingernails clean
See, I have goals I want

Have you ever seen Lost? Lost isn't modern-day, it's in the 50's, egyptian, 70's, prehistoric, etc etc. You never really know where or when you are in Lost.

I'm a total Lost dork. I love that show so much. I start geeking out everytime I talk about it. However, I'm not sure it fits in with the theming of Disneyland. It's not family friendly. It just wouldn't fit there.

They may be able to put some kind of attraction in DCA or DHS? If they could find a place to really put it, they'd be stupid not to. Lost has probably the biggest hardcore fanbase of any show...ever. It would be a huge moneymaker.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
DISKATER69
I'm kinda spontaneous
JEREMY "TWITCH" STENBERG!
We will never sleep, cause sleep is for the weak, and we will never rest, till we're all _ DEAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiglet View Post
Have you ever seen Lost? Lost isn't modern-day, it's in the 50's, egyptian, 70's, prehistoric, etc etc. You never really know where or when you are in Lost.

I'm a total Lost dork. I love that show so much. I start geeking out everytime I talk about it. However, I'm not sure it fits in with the theming of Disneyland. It's not family friendly. It just wouldn't fit there.

They may be able to put some kind of attraction in DCA or DHS? If they could find a place to really put it, they'd be stupid not to. Lost has probably the biggest hardcore fanbase of any show...ever. It would be a huge moneymaker.
umm its obviously modern. they had a PLANE CRASH. the style of the plane was really recent too.
DISKATER69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
Sparx
DIS Veteran

Quote:

it would be a huge money maker, but i'd be afraid it would feel too "universal" kwim? i know lost IS disney, but it doesn't FEEL disney. i can't imagine it next to Pizza Planet and Toy Story Mania and Tower Of Terror. it just doesn't feel right.

to the poster above me, if you've seen lost you would know that the setting changes constantly, even though the plane crashed in the present day, they are LOST in the past, present, and future. thats kinda the whole basis of the show.

mighty putty can fix everything but my broken heart
rip billy mays
i love, i have loved, i will love.

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
DISKATER69
I'm kinda spontaneous
We will never sleep, cause sleep is for the weak, and we will never rest, till we're all _ DEAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
it would be a huge money maker, but i'd be afraid it would feel too "universal" kwim? i know lost IS disney, but it doesn't FEEL disney. i can't imagine it next to Pizza Planet and Toy Story Mania and Tower Of Terror. it just doesn't feel right.

to the poster above me, if you've seen lost you would know that the setting changes constantly, even though the plane crashed in the present day, they are LOST in the past, present, and future. thats kinda the whole basis of the show.
Ok. I did watch it up until recently but I never saw that. It got stupid with the whole leave the island, go back to the island thing. I could be wrong then.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #10
AliceinHalloweentown
Leader of the WDI Cult

Ahh.

I've only watched a few episodes from a few seasons ago... I wasn't aware of time jumping aspect (just read the Wikipedia article).

I think that's stretching it a little far, though. (Though you do go "back in time" on POTC)

So, you wanna play?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #11
Sparx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinHalloweentown View Post
Ahh.

I've only watched a few episodes from a few seasons ago... I wasn't aware of time jumping aspect (just read the Wikipedia article).

I think that's stretching it a little far, though. (Though you do go "back in time" on POTC)
lost reminds me a lot of a television show in the late 90s, there was a group of people stranded on a tropical island with all sorts of crazy things happening like dinosaurs attacking their tree house, an army of invisible natives attacking, sliding through time, getting stuck in a medieval castle that randomly appeared on the island, etc.

the tv show was called lost world too, go figure.

mighty putty can fix everything but my broken heart
rip billy mays
i love, i have loved, i will love.

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #12
DISKATER69
I'm kinda spontaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
lost reminds me a lot of a television show in the late 90s, there was a group of people stranded on a tropical island with all sorts of crazy things happening like dinosaurs attacking their tree house, an army of invisible natives attacking, sliding through time, getting stuck in a medieval castle that randomly appeared on the island, etc.

the tv show was called lost world too, go figure.
and Gilligan's Island i watched that when i was little.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #13
AbsoluteAwesome1
Dedicated to my good friend, Adam T. Siska
William Beckett is HOT
SANTIDFTBA

Quote:

LOST is so fantastic. I'm absolutely obsessed. If anyone thinks LOST is modern-day... you obviously haven't watched much LOST.

I would LOVE a LOST ride. That sounds incredible.
But I'm not really a hardcore Disney... purist? Lol. Disney has already become so depleted by sequels and cheap overseas labor that most of the magic has faded into corporate profit and rampant consumerism.

I've got a Ph.D in HORRIBLENESS.
AbsoluteAwesome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #14
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

I've never seen Lost/don't know anything about it... so I can't really say if I would care if it was there or not

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #15
Ppufi
Care Bear at Heart

I adore LOST, but it's ABC, not Disney in my book. Even if they are the same company. :x I'd rather not see it in the parks, outside of maybe DTD.

Imagine it, Create it.
Ppufi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: