Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #151
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi there!! Just checking in... I'm so sorry to hear you were injured in that fall! I can't believe you were running around with cracked ribs! I hope you are feeling back to yourself soon.

I'm also sorry to hear John is having trouble too - I hope the MRI brings some answers.

But I'm thrilled to hear Jonnie's bag turned up! We've had a lost & found experience that had a happy ending too. DH lost his wallet on our last day in 2009! We didn't find it in time to fly home without his ID but we made it home & his wallet turned up at the bottom of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster within a couple days & it was mailed to us with all of the contents.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #152
Bolebrothers
Earning My Ears

Hello, I just found this TR the other day, and all I can say you have some talent for writing for one, and second I admire the fact that you still keep the smile in what you present for us. I have crippling arthritis and Fibro myself, my DW have fibro and our DS(18) is on the spectrum with Aspbergers. Our DD (7) though is an engine all reved up. We tend to take the same approach as you seem to do, go with a smile and try to take things as they happen. Luckily I still cope with just a walking stick and our tryouts at Disneyland Paris worked fine
so we are ready for the bigger WDW now. As long as we keep a slow pace and plan so DS knows what will happen that day we are good.
Again thnx for the laughs and the fun, (and hope you all will get better real soon) you have provided so far, realy looking forward to the next installment
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #153
tyandskyesmom
DIS Veteran

Just found this TR. I have a cousin in England with a TESSA and an old friend with a TESSA in Illinois.

Looking forward ot the rest of your TR.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #154
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I just noticed the link to your TR is gone!!! Love the new pictures though!And you have new visitors!! I hope you are feeling better and the pain has improved. I am off to bed shortly (LONG day), I just wanted you to know I was here, Praying!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #155
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi there!! Just checking in... I'm so sorry to hear you were injured in that fall! I can't believe you were running around with cracked ribs! I hope you are feeling back to yourself soon.

I'm also sorry to hear John is having trouble too - I hope the MRI brings some answers.

But I'm thrilled to hear Jonnie's bag turned up! We've had a lost & found experience that had a happy ending too. DH lost his wallet on our last day in 2009! We didn't find it in time to fly home without his ID but we made it home & his wallet turned up at the bottom of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster within a couple days & it was mailed to us with all of the contents.
It's good to see you Amy. I've been lurking on the Spectrum mommies TR and can't wait to read more. I'm hoping the MRI brings some results too. We definatley need some. It's always nice to hear of honest people out there. We diden't have as much with that honesty later in the trip but that's another story for another day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolebrothers View Post
Hello, I just found this TR the other day, and all I can say you have some talent for writing for one, and second I admire the fact that you still keep the smile in what you present for us. I have crippling arthritis and Fibro myself, my DW have fibro and our DS(18) is on the spectrum with Aspbergers. Our DD (7) though is an engine all reved up. We tend to take the same approach as you seem to do, go with a smile and try to take things as they happen. Luckily I still cope with just a walking stick and our tryouts at Disneyland Paris worked fine
so we are ready for the bigger WDW now. As long as we keep a slow pace and plan so DS knows what will happen that day we are good.
Again thnx for the laughs and the fun, (and hope you all will get better real soon) you have provided so far, realy looking forward to the next installment
Thanks for stopping by. Fibro is one those things I wish would just disapear from existence. For me if I diden't concentrate on the ppositive I think I'd go just a bit wacky (not that I'm not already LOL). It may be a little longer than I thought until my next installment but I will be back as soon as I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandskyesmom View Post
Just found this TR. I have a cousin in England with a TESSA and an old friend with a TESSA in Illinois.

Looking forward ot the rest of your TR.
Thanks for reading. Wow more Tessa's I'll have to tell my Tessa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I just noticed the link to your TR is gone!!! Love the new pictures though!And you have new visitors!! I hope you are feeling better and the pain has improved. I am off to bed shortly (LONG day), I just wanted you to know I was here, Praying!
The link's back (actually it was just hidden). That top picture was one of my wedding pics I'll have to fiddle with it more in a couple days. The pain is slowly getting less and less. I've been wondering how your day went. Thanks for coming by and thanks for the prayers.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #156
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Well here I am again without a real update . So sorry about that but I've been busy preparing for tomorrow. We are expecting a very large blizzard tomorrow and John and I will be driving through it. His MRI is scheduled for tomorrow about two hours away. I am not thrilled with driving in a big storm but if we cancel it will be months until we are rescheduled. We need the results of this far to much for that. We are leaving early tomorrow morning to try to miss most of the storm but since his app is not actually until late afternoon we will be staying overnight. The kids are already at grandmas and John and I are exhausted and trying to finish packing so no updat on the horizon. I won't have internet service while I'm gone so I will see you when I get back. I would appreciate any prayers you could send this way though this storm has me nervous.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #157
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

I know you will not see this until you get home; however, I wanted you to know I am thinking about you all so much, both for the MRI results and the weather. Just know you are being lifted up and blanketed in prayer!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #158
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I know you will not see this until you get home; however, I wanted you to know I am thinking about you all so much, both for the MRI results and the weather. Just know you are being lifted up and blanketed in prayer!
THANK YOU so very very much for the prayers. I believe they helped immensly as we faced many dangerous situations where I cannot logically explain how we made it out of them safely.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #159
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
THANK YOU so very very much for the prayers. I believe they helped immensly as we faced many dangerous situations where I cannot logically explain how we made it out of them safely.
You are BAAACCKKK!!! God is good!

I hope when the results come in they will help provide the answers that are needed.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #160
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

We are home and safe, although a bit stressed and sore. We ended up back in the ER for John the moment we got back in town. The car ride did him in. I am glad to be home! Hospital waiting room chairs are even less comfortable (I diden't know that was possible) with my injuries. Yet there were some advantages to this trip besides getting the MRI. The evening clerk at the hotel has a grandson she is helping to raise who has CHD's and is getting a wish (probably to WDW or a Disney cruise). I got to share with her all I have learned from reading others TR's about MAW trips, Give Kids the World, WDW and Universal Studios. It was wonderful and she seemend very excited. I told her about The DIS and I hope to see her here. I know this community would be such a great support to her. Also once we did the MRI, found the only open restaurant in the city and were safley in the hotel John and I had a very nice evening and an equally great, relaxing morning today and spent some much needed time together away from kids and doctors and lifes stressors. That in and of it self made it worth it but the MRI results are already back and they helped the ER docs tonight. They explained the results to John but he coulden't really understand them and I had unfortunatley left to pick up the kids so I have a few clues from John but I will have to talk to his docs to get the whole story. I will hopefully be back with a real update tomorrow.

Last edited by kayrosek; 02-03-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #161
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
We are home and safe, although a bit stressed and sore. We ended up back in the ER for John the moment we got back in town. The car ride did him in. I am glad to be home! Hospital waiting room chairs are even less comfortable (I diden't know that was possible) with my injuries. Yet there were some advantages to this trip besides getting the MRI. The evening clerk at the hotel has a grandson she is helping to raise who has CHD's and is getting a wish (probably to WDW or a Disney cruise). I got to share with her all I have learned from reading others TR's about MAW trips, Give Kids the World, WDW and Universal Studios. It was wonderful and she seemend very excited. I told her about The DIS and I hope to see her here. I know this community would be such a great support to her. Also once we did the MRI, found the only open restaurant in the city and were safley in the hotel John and I had a very nice evening and an equally great, relaxing morning today and spent some much needed time together away from kids and doctors and lifes stressors. That in and of it self made it worth it but the MRI results are already back and they helped the ER docs tonight. They explained the results to John but he coulden't really understand them and I had unfortunatley left to pick up the kids so I have a few clues from John but I will have to talk to his docs to get the whole story. I will hopefully be back with a real update tomorrow.
Hello friend, first of all hugs for YOUR pain, please be good to yourself, you still have broken ribs. I am so sorry John had to go to the ER; however, what a blessing he had the MRI results to draw on. It was great the two of you were able to get away for a bit of couple time, I wish it could have been longer...soon! I KNOW your anniversary trip is going to be FABULOUS! Thinking of you. Take Care!!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #162
blessedmom4

I hope you are all safe, pain free and warm! Praying you have an awesome weekend!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #163
blessedmom4

Old 02-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #164
blessedmom4

I am SOOOOO sorry you are still not well. Please know I am praying for you!!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #165
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's off to MK we go (but first a little detour)

When I left off we were leaving the hotel to go retrieve Jonnies backpack, but first a few picks from our time getting ready that morning.
One of John's hat (from the infamous bus episode)ready for him to wear for the day.

Tessa posing.

Showing off her Cinderella Crown.

John checking out the crown.

And then... we were off. We caught the bus to MK then headed for the Monorail to get to the TTC. This was our first experience with the monorail and therefore our experience with the L...O...N...G... ramp up to the Monorail. I must say I really diden't like that ramp. It was not at all easy to get John's wheelchair up that ramp. Halfway up a nice man took over and helped us get him the rest of the way up and even he was out of breath once we got up to the top. Once at the TTC it was easy to find the Kennel and we were soon on our way back to the monorail with one very happy little boy with his backpack in hand. We took the Monorail over to MK finally ready to have some fun. We entered the park and that first view of the castle was breathtaking. and walking up Main Street I felt just the way I did as a kid. Speaking of kids mine were bouncing up and down with excitement. It was truly an amazing start to our Thanksgiving day. I diden't have long to soak it all in though because John immediatley wanted to know what we were doing next. I reminded him that we had decided on Fantasyland and we headed that direction. We decided to ride Peter Pan first but John immediatley realized that he wasen't going to be able to transfer because of the moving walkway so we parked him out front and took a ride to Never Never Land. When we went to meet back up with him he was imersed in a PSP game so we took the oppertunity to ride yet another moving walkway ride and face Snow Whites Evil Queen after narrowly escaping a poisin apple we were off to find Sorcerer Mickey's hat in Mickey's Philharmagic. Jonnie loved this movie, actually my whole family did but I have a little bit of a comfession to make... I sorta fell asleep. After my refreshing nap (the one my family still doesn't know about shhh...) We checked the time and decided we better head to the Castle to check in. We got there about 20 min. early and John went up to the desk only to be told that we were too early to check in. No problem we'll just relax for a moment. Jonnie went to get a toy from his back pack and.... OH NO not again....where is it now? We figured out that we must have left it at Philharmagic and John stayed put while me and the kids ran back, but no luck so once again I was left conforting a very upset little boy when we were supposed to be having fun. We headed back to the Castle to meet up with John and found him in the middle of a huge crowd of people waiting to check in. Next up a Magical Meeting in Cinderellas Castle or how to make a little boy forget his lost backpack!

Last edited by kayrosek; 02-09-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: