Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #136
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Thanksgiving Day part one...Something to be Thankful for

After an extremely tiring night at DHS I was grateful for a slower morning today. Our ADR for the Day was at 4pm and we wanted to see the parade so we decided rather than leave the park and try to come back we would head to MK around noon. The kids came to wake me when they woke up and we decided to let DH sleep for awhile. We got ready as quietly as possible . A few of our things were still wet from the day before so I thought a load of laundry would be a good idea. We got our laundry in a machine and then headed to the food court for pastries and juice or milk for the kids. I donít remember what it was they ate but I do know they ate at a table right outside the laundry area by the baby pool while I worked on the laundry. Once they were done eating they amused themselves by wading in the baby pool. Once the laundry was done we went back to the food court for a bagel for John and something for me and then went back to the room. John was awake and ready for the day so we ate and I made a very important phone call. You probably remember that we had lost Jonnies camera the night before and I had the number for Lost and Found to call that day. The person I reached asked what the backpack looked like and if there was any identifying info on it. I told him there were several cards of our ďIím AutisticĒ cards on the inside and outside that had Jonnies name on them and all of our names and cell phones numbers. He immediately expressed his concern and desire to find the backpack and told me that his granddaughter was also Autistic and he knew she would be frantic without something of hers. He asked me to please be patient and assured me he would check thoroughly for the backpack and itís contents. He wasnít off the phone long and was very excited when he came back. He explained how to find them at the kennel at the TTC and told me the backpack and all itís contents would be waiting for us. After that we were raring to go and it didnít take long to get out of the room and on our way to get Jonnieís backpack. Next up ďHigh Ho, High Ho itís off to MK we go.Ē

Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #137
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I am so happy you posted pictures of Priscilla...she is SO adorable and I love that she likes to dress up and pose. Bandit is the same way!

I am incredibly sorry you injured yourself, that is HORRIBLE! Please take it easy and stay off of it as much as possible! Which reminds me...have you called the Cardioligist....she asks innocently...

Keep Jonnie where he is if it is working...you will know when the time is right to move him. That is exactly what I did with David!
Quote:
I was thinking about you and hoping you were able to get some rest last night. You might be more sore today than you were yesterday. Try to take it easy if you can (I know, impossible task for us Mom's). Please try to be good to yourself! Prayers being lifted for you!
It was funnposting those pics of Princess I haven't looked at them for awhile and I had pretty much forgotten about them until I went searching for some pics of her to post. Thanks for the hug. I hate being injured. It is frustrating when my entire family need me and I am hurt. I haven't been doing quite as well staying off it as I should but I'm trying and no I haven't made a call to the Cardioligist yet I'm still waiting to have a few things finalized with insurance but thank you for reminding me. I will take advantage of my injured state tomorrow and call the cardiology dept at the children's hospital tomorrow like was suggested and ask if they know of a doctor who specializes in Adult CHD's. Thank you so much for the prayers. I really appreciate them. We are praying for your family as well.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #138
jecskc
DIS Veteran

How is your daughter doing ?? I can so relate to her since I get frequent migraines and I have the low blood sugar thingy, too. I used to get about 2-3 migraines a week, but as I get older they have thankfully been tapering off. I take Topomax every day as a preventative and Relpax when I get a headache. I hope you find a solution for her soon. You certainly have your hands full. I am enjoying your trip report. Can't wait for the next "episode".
Old 01-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #139
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
After an extremely tiring night at DHS I was grateful for a slower morning today. Our ADR for the Day was at 4pm and we wanted to see the parade so we decided rather than leave the park and try to come back we would head to MK around noon. The kids came to wake me when they woke up and we decided to let DH sleep for awhile. We got ready as quietly as possible . A few of our things were still wet from the day before so I thought a load of laundry would be a good idea. We got our laundry in a machine and then headed to the food court for pastries and juice or milk for the kids. I donít remember what it was they ate but I do know they ate at a table right outside the laundry area by the baby pool while I worked on the laundry. Once they were done eating they amused themselves by wading in the baby pool. Once the laundry was done we went back to the food court for a bagel for John and something for me and then went back to the room. John was awake and ready for the day so we ate and I made a very important phone call. You probably remember that we had lost Jonnies camera the night before and I had the number for Lost and Found to call that day. The person I reached asked what the backpack looked like and if there was any identifying info on it. I told him there were several cards of our ďIím AutisticĒ cards on the inside and outside that had Jonnies name on them and all of our names and cell phones numbers. He immediately expressed his concern and desire to find the backpack and told me that his granddaughter was also Autistic and he knew she would be frantic without something of hers. He asked me to please be patient and assured me he would check thoroughly for the backpack and itís contents. He wasnít off the phone long and was very excited when he came back. He explained how to find them at the kennel at the TTC and told me the backpack and all itís contents would be waiting for us. After that we were raring to go and it didnít take long to get out of the room and on our way to get Jonnieís backpack. Next up ďHigh Ho, High Ho itís off to MK we go.Ē
You found the camera!!!!! That is amazing news, I know it helped the rest of your trip for Jonnie...which helped you all!

Looking forward to the MK day!!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #140
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
It was funnposting those pics of Princess I haven't looked at them for awhile and I had pretty much forgotten about them until I went searching for some pics of her to post. Thanks for the hug. I hate being injured. It is frustrating when my entire family need me and I am hurt. I haven't been doing quite as well staying off it as I should but I'm trying and no I haven't made a call to the Cardioligist yet I'm still waiting to have a few things finalized with insurance but thank you for reminding me. I will take advantage of my injured state tomorrow and call the cardiology dept at the children's hospital tomorrow like was suggested and ask if they know of a doctor who specializes in Adult CHD's. Thank you so much for the prayers. I really appreciate them. We are praying for your family as well.
Rachel and Lisa LOVED the pictures of Princess. It is fun to look at old pictures and remember the feelings they bring back. I hope you are feeling much better today and that
you might be able to get a little rest this weekend. Insurance is such a necessary evil; but, it leaves us far short of what we need to provide adequate care for our loved ones,
ourselves included. for EVERYTHING to work out and I hope the hospital will be able to recommend an EXCELLENT MD!!

Looking forward to the next update!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #141
blessedmom4

Thinking of you , I hope everything is going well and you are feeling better!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #142
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
How is your daughter doing ?? I can so relate to her since I get frequent migraines and I have the low blood sugar thingy, too. I used to get about 2-3 migraines a week, but as I get older they have thankfully been tapering off. I take Topomax every day as a preventative and Relpax when I get a headache. I hope you find a solution for her soon. You certainly have your hands full. I am enjoying your trip report. Can't wait for the next "episode".
Jenna's health has been a bit of a roller coaster. The migraines did seem to reduce a little when we took away the stress of misssing school and having work get away from her or teachers accuse her of sluffing but she still has a few a week. I'm glad to hear that yours have redus=ced as you have gotten older. Glad to hear your enjoying the report I know I've been a way for a few days but I hope to post a new "episode" tomorrow.
Quote:
You found the camera!!!!! That is amazing news, I know it helped the rest of your trip for Jonnie...which helped you all!

Looking forward to the MK day!!
Thanks for coming by. Finding the camera was a great bit of pixie dust. I hope to get MK day up.

Quote:
Rachel and Lisa LOVED the pictures of Princess. It is fun to look at old pictures and remember the feelings they bring back. I hope you are feeling much better today and that
you might be able to get a little rest this weekend. Insurance is such a necessary evil; but, it leaves us far short of what we need to provide adequate care for our loved ones,
ourselves included. for EVERYTHING to work out and I hope the hospital will be able to recommend an EXCELLENT MD!!

Looking forward to the next update!
Quote:
Thinking of you , I hope everything is going well and you are feeling better!
Thank you so much for all your support and all of your posts. There has been alot going onboth with the family and as a result of my fall but I'll make that it's own post.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #143
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

A real quick OT update

I wanted to apologize for not being around for a couple of days. A day or so after my fall I realized that it was hurting to breath and especially to laugh or cough. I had noticed some discomfort around my ribs after the fall but had not mentioned it because I figured it was just some bruising and my foot was bothering me so much that I was concentrating on it. Well after a sneeze caused me to break down sobbing my DH took me back to the ER and we discovered I have two cracked ribs. Really not fun. I must have hit them on the edge of the stairs on the fall down. DH blames the fact that I diden't catch it at first on me having a pretty high pain tolerance and not wanting to complain too much. Then yesterday DH had a regular app that I needed to acompany him too and after that he ended up in the ER for the rest of the day and into the evening with Neuro coming in to consult. It was finally decided that nothing else could be done until the results from the MRI we have scheduled for the 1rst comes in, but we spent 11 hours at at the hospital yesterday. Then today we have been running around all day trying to get a computer up and running for a friend of Tessas that really needed one for his homeschool curriculum. The computer was donated for free as was our freinds tech time but we've been busy with it all day. It will be worth it though when he gets it. Anyway I am sorry I haven't been around and I will try to post an actual update tomorrow.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #144
blessedmom4

Quote:
I wanted to apologize for not being around for a couple of days. A day or so after my fall I realized that it was hurting to breath and especially to laugh or cough. I had noticed some discomfort around my ribs after the fall but had not mentioned it because I figured it was just some bruising and my foot was bothering me so much that I was concentrating on it. Well after a sneeze caused me to break down sobbing my DH took me back to the ER and we discovered I have two cracked ribs. Really not fun. I must have hit them on the edge of the stairs on the fall down. DH blames the fact that I diden't catch it at first on me having a pretty high pain tolerance and not wanting to complain too much. Then yesterday DH had a regular app that I needed to acompany him too and after that he ended up in the ER for the rest of the day and into the evening with Neuro coming in to consult. It was finally decided that nothing else could be done until the results from the MRI we have scheduled for the 1rst comes in, but we spent 11 hours at at the hospital yesterday. Then today we have been running around all day trying to get a computer up and running for a friend of Tessas that really needed one for his homeschool curriculum. The computer was donated for free as was our freinds tech time but we've been busy with it all day. It will be worth it though when he gets it. Anyway I am sorry I haven't been around and I will try to post an actual update tomorrow.
God Bless you, I was worried about you and I see now I should have been! That is why I kept haunting you, so you knew I was here and praying and to let you know I care. I am incredibly sorry that on top of everyting else you have to deal with cracked ribs. I hope DH's MRI helps provide answers. Just know that even when you are too busy to be on the DIS, you are NOT forgotten! I know that God will Bless you for helping that young man with his computer.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #145
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Judy please check and see if you have a pm from me in your inbox. I just got done typing a long one at DH's request and now it says I have no sent messages so I don't know if I sent it. I hate to be annoying and send it again if you did recieve it.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:40 AM   #146
blessedmom4

Quote:
Judy please check and see if you have a pm from me in your inbox. I just got done typing a long one at DH's request and now it says I have no sent messages so I don't know if I sent it. I hate to be annoying and send it again if you did recieve it.
I just saw it...WOW...THANK YOU!!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #147
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just saw it...WOW...THANK YOU!!
Your Welcome. I actually thought I posted the message about the PM to your TR. I'm just glad you saw it.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #148
blessedmom4

Quote:
Your Welcome. I actually thought I posted the message about the PM to your TR. I'm just glad you saw it.
Glad to see I am not the only one to do that

I do hope you are feeling better today and that your pain is improving. I pray this week will bring you much happiness and joy and I am so STOKED about your Vegas Anniversary...as I told you, that is another place I want to go..it would be a blast! I would go to see one of the Cirque de Soleil shows if I could, it would be

Be good to yourself, your family needs you!

Old 01-31-2011, 12:05 AM   #149
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad to see I am not the only one to do that

I do hope you are feeling better today and that your pain is improving. I pray this week will bring you much happiness and joy and I am so STOKED about your Vegas Anniversary...as I told you, that is another place I want to go..it would be a blast! I would go to see one of the Cirque de Soleil shows if I could, it would be

Be good to yourself, your family needs you!

Thank you so much for the well wishes and prayers. I am getting pretty stoked about Vegas also. Your enthusiasm helped with that. My husband has always wanted to see go to the Tournament of Kings dinner show at Excalibur and since I found out that they will accomodate my dietary needs due to some pretty extreme food intolerances we are planning on that for sure. Also I was thrilled to find out there's an Earl of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood. I really wanted to try it at WDW but we never made it to Downtown Disney. We will do at least one probably two other shows just not sure which ones, possibly a Cirque Show. We took Jenna to a Cirque Show in Branson last summer and loved it. All the kids were supposed to go to summer camp but hers was closed do to lack of interest so John and I took her on a mini vacation just the three of us and let her pick one show. She picked the Cirque Show.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:44 AM   #150
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Lets back up a moment...

While I was uploading pics onto photobucket I realized that there was one thing I had forgotten to tell you about that Thanksgiving morning. While the kids and I were out doing laundry and such we made a souvenier stop at the gift shop. That place is huge for a gift shop. I went in with a purpose but the kids really wanted to spend more of there souvie money. Tessa chose a rather good sized Tinkerbell doll, Jenna a mini Minnie Mouse set in a clear heart shaped bag that she used as a purse for the rest of the week + and Jonnie a bus set complete with minature characters.He got pretty obsessed with all forms of transportation this trip. My purchase wasen't for me though. John is way to independent to not try to push himself in a wheelchair (he actually has gloves somewhere from when he was stuck in a wheelchair for several months after the accident)and his hands were getting pretty torn up so I was looking for any gloves that might help even a little. I found a pair of knit Mickey gloves with the help of a CM and we all went up to pay for our purchasses. As soon as I paid I asked the CM for a pair of scissors. She handed me them while looking at the customer she was helping at that moment and while she did she mentioned that I would want to be careful so I diden't cut the gloves. Just imagine the look of horror on her face when she turned and saw me cutting the fingers off the gloves I had just bought. . I could tell she thought I was nuts. I laughed when I saw a pic from later that day of John with his cut up gloves and coulden't believe I forgot to share that story. Next up "We return to your regurarly scheduld TR". I have a few getting ready picks but I may work them into the report a little instead of just doing a picture post but we shall see.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: