Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Airfare booked!!!

Jet Blue Love them!!! arrive at 9:29 am on 10/6, and fly out at 7:05 pm on 10/10.

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Sept 30- Oct 4, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 07-26-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #17
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
Airfare booked!!!

Jet Blue Love them!!! arrive at 9:17 am on 10/6, and fly out at 7:16 pm on 10/10.

Woohoo!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #18
Mommy2Aedan
Earning My Ears

Hello! I'm enjoying reading your PTR so far. We will be in DL either the same time as you in October or the week after... still waiting on approval from my DH's work!

Since this will be our 1st DL trip, I am watching your posts closely for reccomendations!

We really like character meals and sit-down restaurants as well for the "break" that it gives us... what are your favorites (especially with kids) at DL? My DS will be 3 when we go in October.

-Lauren

Last edited by Mommy2Aedan; 03-24-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Mommy2Aedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:19 PM   #19
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Hi Lauren! We love character meals... We've done them all, but we are partial to Storytellers--I know that isn't everyone's favorite--it seems like Goofy's is most people's favorite...

We like Storytellers because we get to see more woodland creatures--we've had as many as 11 in one breakfast... including multiple bears: Koda, Kenai, Baloo, & Brer Bear! Plus the food is yummy, and then the park entrance is right there... no long walk after breakfast to get in line. Just be warned that Koda and Kenai have too long of claws to sign books... no problem with Baloo or Brer Bear though!

We also adore Ariel's--for obvious reasons--dd is a princess fanatic! and the food is the best I have had at the park...

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Sept 30- Oct 4, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 03-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #20
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Following along as I am going close to the same time you are! Hope you don't mind. Sounds great so far.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #21
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

6 months to go!!! (well a couple days ago...) Getting excited... I need to pay for tickets or put more $$ on the hotel soon, so I can pay more off. Hopefully we'll hear about WOC soon, and whether they will have special seating!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #22
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
6 months to go!!! (well a couple days ago...) Getting excited... I need to pay for tickets or put more $$ on the hotel soon, so I can pay more off. Hopefully we'll hear about WOC soon, and whether they will have special seating!
Woo hoo!! Six months puts you on the down slide.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #23
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Well, Jet Blue has already bumped my morning flight two times... by 15 minutes each time... so we don't arrive to LGB until 9:47 am now... from experience, I would venture to guess we'll be in the car a few minutes after 10 (we don't check bags) and will hopefully be at the check-in desk by 10:30... I think I'll make my ressies for Ariel's for 12:30 instead of noon, so we have a little time to hit a ride or two before lunch!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #24
kaoden39
Hugs

That is rough that they keep bumping your flight times around.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

5 months to go (tomorrow!!)

Now with more WOC stuff coming out, I am really glad we aren't going until October... let everyone be guinea pigs and we'll learn from their mistakes. Still want to do special seating if they have it though... and now it looks like TOTP will be at DL, which should be interesting to see how that works. We could do it either Wed or Thurs night, although I was banking on Thurs, wonder if they will do mid-week though to keep from closing the park early on peak nights? I do hope they close the whole park though and not just part of it, that is what I loved about the TOTP at DCA, felt very uncrowded, and there were hardly any lines at all for the rides, made it really fun!

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 05-06-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #26
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
5 months to go (tomorrow!!)

Now was more WOC stuff is coming out, I am really glad we aren't going until October... let everyone be guinea pigs and we'll learn from their mistakes. Still want to do special seating if they have it though... and now it looks like TOTP will be at DL, which should be interesting to see how that works. We could do it either Wed or Thurs night, although I was banking on Thurs, wonder if they will do mid-week though to keep from closing the park early on peak nights? I do hope they close the whole park though and not just part of it, that is what I loved about the TOTP at DCA, felt very uncrowded, and there were hardly any lines at all for the rides, made it really fun!
The whole WOC thing has me wishing we weren't going when we are. It is gonna be insane I am afraid.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #27
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
The whole WOC thing has me wishing we weren't going when we are. It is gonna be insane I am afraid.
As they say, even a crazy day in DL is better than no day at all... that's what I keep telling myself anyway... we are going to be there over Columbus Day weekend--however dd has the days off before the weekend, not the Monday after, so hopefully Wed-Friday (afternoon?) we'll be able to get plenty done and be able to go with the flow Friday night-Sunday afternoon!

Old 05-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #28
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
As they say, even a crazy day in DL is better than no day at all... that's what I keep telling myself anyway... we are going to be there over Columbus Day weekend--however dd has the days off before the weekend, not the Monday after, so hopefully Wed-Friday (afternoon?) we'll be able to get plenty done and be able to go with the flow Friday night-Sunday afternoon!
I think the Wednesday-Friday ought to be pretty good, and should make up for the weekend crowd.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #29
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

This WOC stuff is killing me!!!

Originally I had such a nice evening entertainment plan based on last year's stuff!

Wed--fireworks
Thu--ToTP
Fri--F! seating
Sat--WOC seating (hopefully!)

Now, its all screwed up!! Rumors have it that the fireworks might only be during the ToTP, and if they only do F! when there is no ToTP, it could be they only run it on Saturday, which means it'll conflict with WOC (at least the early one, which is what I'd like to do.) So, with all that craziness in mind, this is what I am now hoping for:

Wed--To bed early I guess--looks like no fireworks
Thu--F! seating??
Friday--ToTP with fireworks during the party
Sat--WOC seating

Since it is Columbus Day weekend, I was really hoping for a laid back Wed-Friday, so that we'd feel ready to deal with the masses Friday night-Sunday... I guess the masses won't be much of a problem Friday night, if we are at the ToTP though...

Wait and see I guess...

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 05-28-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #30
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I am worried about it all too!

We are going to be 4 adults with no kids. We were looking forward to spending the nights in the parks until closing. But I don't want to be kicked out at 6 or whatever time the Trick or Treat party is on a Friday night. We want to be there until midnight! I kind of hope they just host it in a section and don't close out the whole park for the party.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: