Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Our "Totally Tinsel" Christmas vacation! UPDATES Page 14 - two!!

Hello to all of you!

We are back from our extravaganza Christmas vacation, where we stayed for a total of 9 nights at the AKL Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs. I hope to entertain you with our pictures, stories, and relating of our trip! So buckle up, and let's get started!

For those of you who did not read my PTR (and shame on you ), here is an introduction to the cast:

Me: 27 year old Disney lover, and the author of this report.

DSister: 18 years old, and also enjoys Disney vacations.

DUncle, DAunt, and DCousins: (kids are ages 3, 9, 14 and 16) Both my sister and I have gone quite a few times with our aunt, uncle and cousins. They are DVC owners and so we've spent quite a bit of time at Disney World!! Back in February, we started planning this trip - that 10 months went FAST!!

I am uploading pictures as we speak, so stay tuned for those! In the meantime, here is a pic to hold you until I continue this report:

See you real soon!

INDEX:

Day 1, Part 1: Page One
Day 1, Part 2: Page Two, Post 23
Day 1, Part 3: Page Two, Post 24
Day 1, Part 4: Page Two, Post 25
Day 2: Page Four
Day 3, Part 1: Page Five
Day 3, Part 2: Page Six
Day 4, Part 1: Page Seven
Day 4, Part 2: Page Eight
Day 5, Parts 1 and 2: Pages Nine and Ten
Day 5, Part 3: Page Ten

Last edited by DWGal210; 04-16-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Hi....Read and enjoyed your pre trip report. We were at Disney around the same time, so I can't wait to read your trip report, and see how your vacation went. Ours was great!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a really fun trip with cousins and your aunt and uncle! Can't wait to read all about it (and love TR's with lots of pics!) hint-hint

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Hi....Read and enjoyed your pre trip report. We were at Disney around the same time, so I can't wait to read your trip report, and see how your vacation went. Ours was great!
Hi there! Nice to "see" you again! I bet we passed each other during that week and just never knew it! We had a great time, I can't wait to share it with everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Sounds like a really fun trip with cousins and your aunt and uncle! Can't wait to read all about it (and love TR's with lots of pics!) hint-hint
Welcome!!

I am loading 500 pics into Photobucket as we speak I kept a trip journal this time around so I could better remember what we did, and when, etc. So I am getting that organized tonight and I should have an update soon! Thanks again for reading!

Old 01-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Helloooo Katie! Glad to see you started! I'm subbing!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Hey! Just saw you were back and had started your TR. I started mine too---but have only done part of one day so far. I've been so super busy, it's been hard to make time for TR writing.

Anywho, signing on for this one and really looking forward to hearing all about the trip!

Ann
Old 01-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Helloooo Katie! Glad to see you started! I'm subbing!
Hey Anita!! So sorry I was unable to make the meet on the 27th...we had dinner that night at Sci Fi and by the time we got back to the room, it was getting late and the kids were restless. I've been reading your TR so far as well - sounds like you guys had an interesting time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
Hey! Just saw you were back and had started your TR. I started mine too---but have only done part of one day so far. I've been so super busy, it's been hard to make time for TR writing.

Anywho, signing on for this one and really looking forward to hearing all about the trip!

Ann
Hey Ann!! How have you been?! I know, I have only done a few things, too....I hope to write more as the week goes on. I'll go over to your TR and subscribe!

Old 01-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

woohoo! im in!

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Nov/Dec 2015- Hoping to rent DVC points at AKL

Old 01-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #9
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY!!! I'm here, Katie!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:26 AM   #10
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hey Anita!! So sorry I was unable to make the meet on the 27th...we had dinner that night at Sci Fi and by the time we got back to the room, it was getting late and the kids were restless. I've been reading your TR so far as well - sounds like you guys had an interesting time!

You missed some interesting dancing, for sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your pictures, especially around Kidani. It was a good week for us, but I sure would have loved a full ten days. Our long summer vacations have spoiled us, so a week or less just seems to fly by now and we feel like there is so much we don't get around to.

We enjoyed meeting everyone on NYE. Sorry we didn't all get to sit around and really talk and get to know each other too much. The entertainment was a bit of a distraction , Brook was busy trying to get Joe and Henry over there before fireworks (glad they made it by the time the evening was completely over), and Bella needed to be walked around. It was all over so quickly. You guys were wonderful to let Brooklynn hang out with you. She was quite happy.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #11
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 01-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #12
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
woohoo! im in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY!!! I'm here, Katie!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I'm joining in!
Yeah!! Thanks, everyone!! I am hoping to do Day 1 today.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #13
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You missed some interesting dancing, for sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your pictures, especially around Kidani. It was a good week for us, but I sure would have loved a full ten days. Our long summer vacations have spoiled us, so a week or less just seems to fly by now and we feel like there is so much we don't get around to.

We enjoyed meeting everyone on NYE. Sorry we didn't all get to sit around and really talk and get to know each other too much. The entertainment was a bit of a distraction , Brook was busy trying to get Joe and Henry over there before fireworks (glad they made it by the time the evening was completely over), and Bella needed to be walked around. It was all over so quickly. You guys were wonderful to let Brooklynn hang out with you. She was quite happy.
Hey there!! No worries, it was a busy time. My sister and Brooklyn were having the best time - I'll be sure and post some pics of them playing, they were so cute!! Thanks for organzing that...it was a lot of fun! And if we are ever down again for NYE, for SURE we will be at the Poly - that is THE place to watch the fireworks!!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #14
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Hey! I am excited to read your TR! I was in and out of your PTR for a while....I forgot what dates you were there. Were we there at the same time??
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #15
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Day 1....We're off and running!

In an effort to stretch out this TR for as long as humanly possible, I am going to do each day in multiple parts. Not only will it leave you in suspense, it will also allow me to remember better exactly what we did each day.

So here we go!!!!

The morning of the 26th came VERY early for me. I went to bed right at 9, but of course, didn't actually fall asleep until around 11:30. It was comical - that clock was just tick-tocking by and my eyes would not close. I thought for sure that last glass of Christmas wine would knock me out, but no dice.

I then awoke before my alarm, bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 3:00AM!! Was I excited, or what?!

Now, for those of you that do not live in the Midwest, this week we had a LOT of winter weather. A LOT. West of us was hit the hardest; they had about 21" of snow (yes, you read that right, 21 inches of snow) and travel in the western half of the state was non-existent. But after checking the weather reports and road conditions, we made our way on the road, right on time at 6AM.

As I mentioned in my PTR, I had made goody bags for the kids to take on the trip. A few days earlier, I let my goddaughter in on the secret and had her help me decorate the gift bags; below is the finished product.

The kids later told me "Thank you!" and thought it was fun. I'll for sure do that again - it was a nice way to get in the mood of going!

My uncle and I caravaned down to the airport. We left at 6AM, but due to 2 bathroom breaks (for the adults, not the kids), and the blowing snow that was making the driving a bit of a slow go, we got to the airport at 9AM and got in line to check in!

Not everyone was in the picture-taking mood...

But I did get a great shot in front of the tree in the Moline airport! Thanks, kids!

And we were off, on time! Woo hoo!! It only took about 15 minutes to de-ice the plane, and we were off!!

Orlando, here we come!!

Coming in Part 2....will we get to Raglan Road in time?!?!?

Stay tuned!

Last edited by DWGal210; 02-24-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: