Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #76
ColeV
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMNOMNOMS View Post
Hello...I'm brand new to the DISboards and came across your wedding. So it took me a few days but I've finally finished reading your PJ and TR... and am now a huge fan of yours! You've done an amazing job!!! I'm in the midst of planning my own DFTW for 4/10/2011 at the WP/ADH/Isola west. You are one of my new planning heroes ^_^... Our wedding is 8 months away and I havent even started looking at dresses...I feel so overwhelmed and have no clue where to start...I just wanted to say "Aloha" and mahalo (thanks) for the inspiration!
Welcome and thank you! I didn't decide on my gown design until about 8 months out, and I had to make it! Oh, and I love your screen name by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley94 View Post
wow!!! such a beautiful and classy wedding! the umbrellas are fantastic and I cannot believe how gorgeous the cake is!!!
My favorite part! I couldn't wait to get to the reception just to see how that cake turned out! I almost didn't want to eat it. Almost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
Everything is just beautiful. You both look so happy and the Roots - well, they are awesome.

Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! And yes, yes they are. I want another wedding just to have an excuse to use them again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
Nicole,

More lovely pics thank you! The food looked wonderful. Love the mercury glass votives, did Disney provide them? Your reception dress is amazing.
They did. Our florist sent us tons of pictures of vases and votives to pick from.
And now I just need to find an reason to wear that gown again!
ColeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #77
ColeV
Mouseketeer

Alright, I think I'm just going to push through and do two final posts to make it through the rest of the pictures. So! We first have the awesomeness of Kathryn Flocken and her magic scissors. Seriously magic. She had a crowd all night long it was so impressive. I do silhouettes at home, but I draw them out first. She just goes at the paper with gusto and is done in what seems like seconds. Here's my niece as her first sitting:

The end result:

She makes two of each. One for the guest to take home and one goes in a small book that can be used as a guest book. Two in one!

And only the Roots can make Soy Sauce look this amazing:

For the toast we used my grandparents wedding glasses circa 1942. We have a huge set of them, but only brought two for us. We didn't want to risk the possibility of breaking that many!

Since both of the groomsmen weren't speech giving types, my bridesmaids and my aunt gave speeches. I think this was the point they were proud of themselves for setting up my elaborate proposal.

They ended with a really cheesy comment about wishing upon a star and dreams coming true, which was supposed to be funny. Then Erin started to tear up and I had no hope!

I gave my Aunt less than 24 hours notice for her speech. Which may seem last minute. But you don't know my family. I did that so there would be no props involved and no grand skits written. They've done everything from a surprise redneck wedding to a fake funeral to parades to taking my Aunt to "court" over her misadventures (with a real judge). I knew she'd manage something great on short notice!

Next came cake. Yum. Ken even showed us how and where to cut, thank goodness. You may have seen a dozen weddings, but when it comes time you have no clue!

The story of our lives. I'll let you do it so I won't screw it up. Or get stabbed.

I still want to lick the screen every time I see this.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #78
ColeV
Mouseketeer

I'll be honest, I don't know Evan's cousin's kids very well. But, this kid is adorable! The hat was at least three inches longer than his head.

Evan by this point had discovered that the whole front section of the cake was all sugar, and therefore edible (except for the LEDs of course). He proceeded to inform EVERYONE.

The lights were still my favorite part though.

Next came the first dance. I'm awfully proud of this. I choreographed an Astaire/Rogers type number to "Beyond the Sea". Which doesn't seem long until you have to choreograph it all!

Evan managed it quite well considering I only had a month to teach him (and me).

Lots of lifts:

We almost made it through without mistakes. But we both forgot about four eight counts near the end! Still fun though.

I dragged the bridesmaids out for one dance:

And Evan made extra sure to prove, for all posterity, that it is really edible.

Wave goodbye!

Old 08-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #79
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

I know this has been said over and over...but your pictures are so beautiful...they come off with so much grace and style...

btw those pieces of cake look huge!!! yummy though
Old 09-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #80
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on being featured on ruffledblog.com!

http://ruffledblog.com/2010/05/art-d...root-weddings/

Proof of what we on the DISBoards have all said. Your wedding was amazing and you are an extremely talented and artistic person! Your wedding was amazing!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #81
evey82
Earning My Ears

wow what a gorgeous wedding, your photos are amazing!
evey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #82
Hayley94
Baking up a storm and dreaming of Disney!

oooh I love your reception dress! it looks gorgeous in the shot of the first dance lift :

Hayley94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #83
v_misses_epcot
.-.

Just amazing!! Knowing that you can choose your favorites from other Disney restaurants makes me happy. Thank you for showing us your beautiful wedding pictures.
v_misses_epcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #84
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Stunning

Reception just as stunning as your ceremony!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #85
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Wow, your pictures are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing, I really liked all of the unique touches you added to your wedding.
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #86
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I didn't realise you'd posted more photos!

Happy 1 year anniversary for next week.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #87
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

I know Kathryn Flocken, you were indeed lucky to have her at your wedding!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #88
jake&samsmom
Jordan's Mom too!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful day with us.
You are the most elegant bride I've seen.
Gorgeous pictures!

Oct. '07 Photo Trip Report: My 6 and 4 year-old park commandos -- How we conquered the World!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1628926
July 2008 Photo Trip Report: They Tried to Make Me Go To Rehab, But I Said No, No, No!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post26362581

jake&samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #89
LissaBell
Earning My Ears

I'm new to the boards, and as I want a Disney wedding, this is the first place I looked! Your wedding looked amazing! The boardwalk photoshoot is beautiful. Such a perfect fit for your theme! I can only imagine the work you put into the wedding but it seems to have paid of! Congrats on your wedding!

Melissa
LissaBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #90
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

lovely pics :

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: