Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #16
ColeV
Mouseketeer

I'll get back to posting as soon as the pictures arrive, but in the mean time here's the link to our proofs! Password is unger.
ColeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #17
BrittLeshea
Merry Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeV View Post
I'll get back to posting as soon as the pictures arrive, but in the mean time here's the link to our proofs! Password is unger.
Your pictures are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!!

My Trips to Disney
July/Aug 1992: First trip to WDW! - Offsite ~~~ Jan - Aug 2007: WDW College Program ~~~ June 2007: Youngest bro's first trip to WDW - All-Star Sports ~~~ Aug 2007: Dad's first trip to WDW - Pop Century ~~~ April 2008: Offsite ~~~ Aug 2008: Offsite ~~~ Dec 2008: Christmas trip with the family - Port Orleans Riverside ~~~ April 2009: Offsite ~~~ July 2009: Birthday trip! - Offsite ~~~ Oct 2009: Offsite ~~~ March 2010: Surprise trip for my youngest bro - All-Star Movies ~~~ Aug 2010: Offsite ~~~ Oct 2010: Offsite ~~~ Dec 2010: BFF Trip! - Wilderness Lodge ~~~ June 2011: Big family trip! - Off Site
BrittLeshea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2010, 01:06 AM   #18
disneylove69
DIS Veteran

I loved the slideshow. Especially th epics in b/w. I felt I was watching a vintage moment.

disneylove69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:51 AM   #19
jessicarabbituk
Mouseketeer

Wow, I rarely post but I thought your photos were just wonderfull. I remember seeing your early sketches, what a talented person you are.
jessicarabbituk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #20
ColeV
Mouseketeer

Tuesday 12/29

We started out the morning by walking down to SBP and doing a "run-through" of the ceremony with the bridal party. A pair of pants from the rental suit which were hemmed were waiting for us upon our return. I then sent Evan over to the conference center to pick up our package of umbrellas *squee!* and called my planner, Ken, to check in for the day. I realized the night before that I had no clue when or where he was meeting us, which freaked me out, but of course they have every thing down to a science and I shouldn't have worried. My bridesmaids had decided to get appointments with the salon in the hotel for their hair rather than have me do it. Time-wise, it saved me a headache, but I think it ended up giving them one instead. We weren't exactly asking for "normal" up-do's, but I sent a vintage hairstyle book with them to help. Erin's hair went quickly, but Nicki's was near disaster. Just the front though (oddly the back was gorgeous). I was actually done and dressed before they got back and their appointments were almost an hour before mine (and they didn't get makeup!). So, I suppose that's one for the list of things I wish I had done. Had Patricia do their hair as well.
Meanwhile, the guys were getting ready and surely running amok. I got back to the room just before Patricia LeJeune got there. We got started right away, talking through what I wanted. I never found any pictures that really inspired me, so I gave her free will. She pin curled my hair up, then got to work on the make-up. By this point I was getting calls from the Bridesmaids frantically trying to figure out how we could get food since our original plan fell through (they were going to pick it up). My family was all busy, so my mother ran downstairs to grab some sandwiches. Of course, this was the point that everyone kept coming to the door, including Evan, or calling my cell for checking in.
Patricia was having a sorts of fun with my porcelain skin and kept saying I looked like a china doll . I can see it, but my skin is usually more problem than anything being too light for most foundations. But she found one that worked! Mid-way through the make-up Nathan Root showed up with Sarah, our second photographer to stand-in for Jensey. And here's where the pictures begin:

My mother returned, food in hand, and they took over her room turning it into a mini-shoot of all of my clothes. I walked in a while later to an explosion of gowns, shoes, and umbrellas. But they were having fun!

My hawaiian dress from the night before (don't know why they pulled that out!)

Wedding gown! All 12 yards of it

Patricia positioned my hairpiece (the Polly from Topsy Turvy on Etsy) which was the first official wedding item I bought.

I adored Patricia and certainly recommend her highly! I have a difficult complexion and hair which she mastered beautifully. We had all sorts of fun chats about pin-curls, finger waves, and stage makeup (I studied that in college).
Next up: getting dressed, the BMs return, and the boys get their camera time.

Last edited by ColeV; 02-27-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #21
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

You makeup was gorgeous!
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #22
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

I love the umbrella shot! Isn't Patricia great? I loved her too.
Can't wait to hear more about your day!
spacerangerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:15 AM   #23
KrisJenn1210
Awaiting the Return of My Prince

Oh My Goodness!! Your pictures are amazing!! I hope mine turn out that wonderful. Your theme was beautifully executed. I'm doing a 40's theme ceremony at SBP and hope it turns out as elegant as yours.

So your DH is deployed? What boat/ship is he on? I went to the same school, as an enlisted mechanic. That's where I met my DF (who was also enslisted, but is now an officer on the Columbus out of Pearl Harbor). Welcome to the Navy family! PM me if you ever need to chat.

Jenn
Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #24
ColeV
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisJenn1210 View Post
Oh My Goodness!! Your pictures are amazing!! I hope mine turn out that wonderful. Your theme was beautifully executed. I'm doing a 40's theme ceremony at SBP and hope it turns out as elegant as yours.

So your DH is deployed? What boat/ship is he on? I went to the same school, as an enlisted mechanic. That's where I met my DF (who was also enslisted, but is now an officer on the Columbus out of Pearl Harbor). Welcome to the Navy family! PM me if you ever need to chat.

Jenn

Thanks! I'm pretty sure you could do nothing to SBP and it would still be gorgeous!

Yep, he's on the Ike currently. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #25
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

All I have to say is, WOW!!! Gorgeous!!
I used Patricia also and just loved her! She also made me feel relaxed and she did such a perfect job with my hair and make up! We also used Kathryn Flocken and felt the same about her. One of the highlights of the event! Can't wait to hear and see more of your day.
Our Disney Vacations: SSR AUG 2014 * PoP, DISNEY DREAM, AKV JAN 2014 * AoA, BLT AUG 2013 * AoA, WLV Xmas 2012 * AKV AUG 2011 * SSR AUG 2010 * BWI, AKV JUNE 2010 * GF NOV 2009 * POLY JUNE 2009 * AKV, BCV JAN 2009 * BWV JULY 2008 * OKW APRIL 2008 * AKV, SSR NOV 2007 * CR MK VIEW! OCT 2007 * BWV APRIL 2007 * SSR NOV 2006 * BWV, SSR MAY 2006 * SSR, VERO JUNE 2005 * POR, WL, BWV NOV 2004 * ASMo, BWV NOV 2003 * BWI May 2002 * GF NOV 2001 * CSR, VERO NOV 2000 * Offsite Oct. 1998, July 1997 and 1983
Our Disney Vow Renewal TR
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #26
ColeV
Mouseketeer

12/29 Part 2

Alright! I'm back! Or rather, my laptop is (it only took a month to fix).
Around this point things were getting hectic. The bridesmaids weren't back yet, no one in our room had eaten lunch, I was attempting to steal my gown back from the photographers, the boys kept calling us to see if we were done yet, and I was waiting for Ken to show up and hopefully take over the insanity. Fortunately, he did! He went with Nathan down to find the boys and start taking pictures of them. The florists then showed up and I finally got dressed. Seeing how they had to pin through leather to get those flowers to stay on, it's amazing no one stabbed themselves.

But the muffs turned out lovely!

Of course, there wasn't any pomp to getting dressed, my mother had gone down to get sandwiches, so Sarah helped hook me in! A few extra details and my mother got back. Thank goodness, because I was tired of answering the door (half the time it was Evan and he'd never warn me, so I took to hiding behind it when opening!). And I was starving.

I love this shot just because you can see a glimpse of Nathan in the background, trying to hide behind the door:

Shortly after, the first bridesmaid returned. I actually left before Nicki got back (that's how long her hair took!), but I do have an ever so lovely shot of Erin making a sandwich she'll forgive me for....

A few last fun shots for the photographers and I headed downstairs.

Now, in the mean time the guys had all sorts of fun. When Nathan had come back up to the room he was all excited and started showing Sarah pictures he had taken (I wasn't allowed to see them). Something about monkeys. At the beginning you can tell that they're all big goofballs that don't usually like the camera.

Especially Evan who is obviously trying hard not to smile like a 3rd grade school photo or bust out laughing.... it's hard to tell which.

But, then they loosen up and "act natural". The LAST thing I would ever prompt them to do.

The requisite "mobster" shot:

And here is where I come in. We had originally planned a different location to meet, but the light was so lovely outside. Even if it was cold.

And here is the look I get from all of my sewing projects: confusion.

I had to double check to make sure he was dressed correctly. Found a pocket welt I forgot to tack...oops. And he didn't have his jacket buttoned. Ahem.

And still confused....

A few more random shots and we move on to the staged ones:

I still wish I had found a better fabric for that coat. Too many wrinkles (but we'll blame that in part on his not buttoning it).
By this point I began to realize just how much help we would have during the day. Ken had gone over to SBP to get things started up, but we still had two people with headsets making sure everything was running smoothly with us. Somehow they knew to bring a wheelchair for Evan's dad (I don't remember asking for one, but they knew he couldn't walk well). So, they were making sure where it needed to be, when they would get there, etc. I was rather impressed!
Next we get the fun photo shoot and every one shows up! Finally!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #27
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Can't wait to read more. It was freezing on the 28th I remember that well.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #28
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Beautiful pictures!!
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #29
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

I just love your style!! Everything looked so gorgeous.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #30
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

I saw your pictures posted on another post and had to check out your TR. Your pictures are beautiful, I love all the details and the vintage style.
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: