Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Redbudlover
DIS Veteran

Shocked by availability for ADRS in March

I just made ADRs for my early March trip with my dgd4 and was shocked by the availability of everything! Last time I took her in Sept I got up at 5 am on the 90th day and got Cindarella but still couldn't get 50s Prime Time. This time everything got away from and I thought well here comes a CS trip. Not so! I got Chef Mickey's, Tusker House breakfast, Jiko, 50s Prime Time, and the princess dinner at Akershus all at the time I requested! All I can imagine is that the lack of free dining and changing the advance times to 180 days has taken the pressure off the 90 day window. This was wonderful and amazing.
Is everyone having the same experience getting what they want?
Redbudlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
nancydrew79
Next we will have to park our own cars

I know! I just made my late May-early June ADRs with no problems at all.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Same here for early March. I kept reading how hard it was to get reservations, but we got V&A, CA Grille (8pm on a Friday!), Le Cellier... etc. And I only booked a few days ago.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Same here....just over the weekend we booked our March trip (3/23-3/29) and got all of our ADRs that we wanted AND it is for 6 people too (4 Adults and 2 Children). We got Prime Time at 5:50pm, Crystal Palace at 3:40pm, and Akershus breakfast at 8:05am. I was so excited. I am hoping when it comes time to make ADRs for our Sept trip it will go just as smoothly.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:31 AM   #5
ancestry
Trees Without Roots Fall Over

Yeah! I'm glad you got everything you wanted.

With the exception of Sci Fi, I was able to get everything I wanted when we went this past June.

I also had no problem getting everything I wanted for our upcoming trip for this coming May.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

We needed one more TS for the last day of our May 26- June 4 trip so I decided I would check for availabilty at Chef Mickey's and couldn't believe I had my choice of times. I was very surprised to say the least!! Now is this because numbers are down or because it's still 140 days out?? Just curious...

Carla
Old 01-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #7
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

I was modifying my January and March trips last week and had no problem getting many of my ADRs switched around. However, had to keep my Coral Reef and LeCellier on the days I had them as there was no options for those, even lunch.

Edit to say that yesterday I also had no problem changing some of my ADRs for April to include LeCellier and Coral Reef (4 months out). Also changed my Coral Reef ADR for my trip in 2 weeks. I'm very surprised at the availability for these 3 upcoming trips, but as a side note, there is no free dining being offered during any of these trips, so I'm sure this comes into play.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

Last edited by n2mm; 01-05-2010 at 07:06 AM.
n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
aripantaloon
DIS Veteran

I just had the same experience for the first week of March. We JUST decided to book yesterday and I was really nervous that all the places we wanted to go would be completely booked since it's so soon before the trip. The last time we went (May '08), I got up early and called at the 180 day point to make sure we got everything.

This time, the only one I couldn't get was Le Cellier. Considering I got CRT at noon, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's at 8:20 am, and a host of other popular places at awesome eating times for us(like noon and the 5:30-6:30 dinner range), I can't complain. I think I made over a dozen ADR's with no issues!

1979 - offsite; 1988 - offsite; 1989 - offsite; 2000 - Poly with DH (then DF); 2008 - May 10-17 AKL as a family!!! May 9 at ASMo; 2010 - February 27-March 6 CSR!; 2012 - May 4-12 Poly; 2014 April 26-May 4 BC

aripantaloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

A few weeks ago I changed our dinner one night to Le Cellier. DH decided to wanted to go twice our next trip. Its a later dinner for our (8:30) but still I couldn't believe it was available.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #10
Lisa loves Pooh
DIS Veteran

This morning--I tried booking CRT online for my DD's birthday (she's near 4th of July). Couldn't get anything.

Reluctantly I got on the phone and I was surprised that my options included B, L, or D for our family of 6.

She's very excited as we are doing BBB first thing that morning, we'll ride a few rides then have lunch.

I'm just surprised at how easy it was as I thought for certain that we'd be out of luck.

I'm wondering how much of this is the economy and how much of it is Disney cutting back on incentives (heard that in a report a couple of months ago).
Lisa loves Pooh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #11
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Imagine my shock when I was able to get the time I wanted for Crystal Palace and 'Ohana just the other day for an imprptu quick trip over President's Week next month! What a difference no free dining promo makes. Of course, I am guessing that the crowds will be considerably bigger as they were last time I was there President's week as opposed to end of August which was pretty quiet. Still, it was nice to be able to get the ADR's without a bunch of hoopla.

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #12
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbudlover View Post
I just made ADRs for my early March trip with my dgd4 and was shocked by the availability of everything! Last time I took her in Sept I got up at 5 am on the 90th day and got Cindarella but still couldn't get 50s Prime Time. This time everything got away from and I thought well here comes a CS trip. Not so! I got Chef Mickey's, Tusker House breakfast, Jiko, 50s Prime Time, and the princess dinner at Akershus all at the time I requested! All I can imagine is that the lack of free dining and changing the advance times to 180 days has taken the pressure off the 90 day window. This was wonderful and amazing.
Is everyone having the same experience getting what they want?
I know..we just booked our April Resv's last night and was able to score Le Cellier 3 times and even Chef mickeys....I was so surprised!

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

I know right? It's crazy how different this is compared to last December. It took me 2 weeks to get the ressies I wanted. This time, it's taken me two days...it would have been shorter, but I keep changing my mind. LOL! With the exception of Le Cellier, I got everything I wanted!

I got: Crystal Palace for the evening fireworks, Rose & Crown , House of Blues , Kona for the morning I leave, and......Chef Mickey's!!!!! Awesome! And I'm going mid-March...spring break to boot!

Anna
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #14
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Free dining is in Sept and that probably has a lot to do with it. More reservations are being made that month due to many more having dining. We don't eat at as many TS when we don't have the FD. Also, when did that date range to book go back to 180 days, that may have something to do with it since for a time it was 90 days if I recall correctly.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:06 AM   #15
DunksWife
Earning My Ears

No problems here!!

Oldest Son Mike **WDW College Program January 2009** Drove The Monorail
First Disney World Vacation March 2009

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2x4mxd4hgb9do.png[/img]

DunksWife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: