Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
flyingcat2003
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

New DDP Rules @ the Goofy Candy Company

We just returned from a 7 night stay at Walt Disney World on 1/2/2010. We went to The Goofy Candy Company at DTD to get the Mickey Rice Krispie Treats and Cookies that can be customized. In the past you could choose as many dips/toppings as you wanted. They have now limited the choice to 1dip, 1 topping and 1 drizzle (carmel is no longer a choice). These used to be 1 snack credit on the DDP (we were just there last July and they were then). When we went to check out, we were informed that these now count as two snack credits...1 for the cookie or rice crispie treat and 1 for the toppings!

There are no signs and no one telling you this BEFORE you select you treat....so be warned.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
LAWalz23
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the warning! I have always found Gooofy's Candy Company to be very uneven when it comes to what is a snack on DDP and what is not not. Last year one day you could get the chocolates from the case and the next day I was told no!
LAWalz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
momlee4
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the warning! I think we'll just stay away from Goofy's.
momlee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The usual caveat I see on here about Goofy's is to use your snack credits for the pre-made snacks rather than the make your own, as they are very inconsistent as of August 2009 (when the rules on the make your own snacks changed) as to what you can get as a make your own snack and how many toppings or whatever you are entitled to. Apparently only certain items are permitted and then only with one dip or topping. This is the first I have heard of them charging two snack credits per item.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

When we were there Dec 19th, neither the make your own rice crispy treats, nor the cookies were even included as a snack at all. We were told the only make your own treats that we could get were a single pretzel stick with one coating and one topping (we used to get three pretzel sticks for one credit), three marshmallows with one coating and one topping, or one Mickey gingerbread man with one coating and one topping. It was the same way when I was there Oct 2nd. I couldn't get a rice crispy Mickey head treat or a cookie either time. Both visits other people were asking about them and complaining that they had gotten them in the past. It looks like Goofy's decided to add them back to the snack list, but to make them count as two credits.

Something else I noticed both trips, is that Goofy's no longer has the chocolate covered mint slab smoothies that I used to love so much. Does anyone know if any of the other candy shops still have them? Also Dec 19th my diabetic mom was with us and planned to use her snack credits for the sugar free chocolates they usually have. They didn't have any of these either, but I did get her some in October.

Last edited by aubriee; 01-03-2010 at 02:42 PM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #6
disdrmg
Mouseketeer

We were there the week of Dec. 13th and they told us that only the marshmellow could be used as a snack credit and it was one dip and one topping. The day we were there they didn't have any milk choc. only dark so we didn't do it anyway.
disdrmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Something else I noticed both trips, is that Goofy's no longer has the chocolate covered mint slab smoothies that I used to love so much. Does anyone know if any of the other candy shops still have them? Also Dec 19th my diabetic mom was with us and planned to use her snack credits for the sugar free chocolates they usually have. They didn't have any of these either, but I did get her some in October.
Do not tell me it is so. Man, I love those slabs! They also sell them at the Mainstreat Confectionary. Or better said; at least used to. Last time I got them was in september 2009. With all these snack changes, who knows what is where by now?
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
dansamy
DIS Veteran

I was unaware that Goofy's had changed the allowance on the make your own treats. When I was checking out, I informed the young lady that I had gotten all these types of treats in June as snacks. She told me the only thing allowed was the marshmallows. I was kinda peeved. I told her they could keep the others we had made because I was certainly not paying cash for them.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #9
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
This is the first I have heard of them charging two snack credits per item.
Somebody posted about this around Christmas time and I seem to recall that the poster mentioned the new 2 credit system was specifically for the make your own treats. It really doesn't bother me this way or that, but it would be nice to have some consistency if they are now introducing Signature Snacking!

All they need to do is have a sign up briefly detailing what counts for a single/double snack credit. This way guest AND CMs would be clear on credit usage. I suspect part of the problem is that not all the CMs are on the same page and let's face it: Goofy's isn't exactly the most simple location to specifically list all snack credits specifically.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #10
RivieraMaya05
Mouseketeer

I don't understand how one establishment can have such a problem sticking to a policy.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #11
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

2 snack credits is just plain.......GOOFY!
I'd only use 1 snack credit at a time, so guess that place is Out for us!!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #12
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

We went January 19-29th and visited Goofy's a few times throughout our trip to use our snack credits. We were never offered a 2 snack credit option for anything.

Your best bet at Goofy's is to ask a CM what is included for a snack credit before looking at anything. Then ask again before you check out (We had one instance that a CM told us an item was covered as a snack credit, and the CM at the checkout said it wasn't)
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:54 AM   #13
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post

Your best bet at Goofy's is to ask a CM what is included for a snack credit before looking at anything. Then ask again before you check out (We had one instance that a CM told us an item was covered as a snack credit, and the CM at the checkout said it wasn't)
It's true the CMs there seem to have no idea what the policy is. When we were there Dec 19th, we were on the DxDDP and had ALOT of credits (about 40) to use up. We were in a hurry and I knew how many credits we had, so before we went in I just divided our total three ways and told my mom and husband how many to pick and said we'd meet outside as soon as we got through since it was so crowded in there. Once we got back to the resort I started putting all the snacks into one bag. When my husband saw a couple of the things I got, he made the comment that he had picked up the exact same bags and was told by the lady that checked him out that those two items were not included as a snack, because they weren't considered single serve items. I know one of them was a bag of cherry sours, but I don't remember what the other was right now. The lady checking me out didn't say a thing about them. If they weren't allowed as a snack credit then how did she get to go through the cash register?
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #14
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

I posted this when we returned from our October trip. It was the first time we had used DDP so it wasn't the two credits that offended me (not knowing it had previously been 1 credit) but the fact that you could only have one topping (even if paying oop) not the previous all!!!

It didn't end up any better than the ones you can buy pre-packaged at WDW to be honest.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #15
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

I think this store has gotten almost too confusing to use snack credits in. I know I would almost pay for anything out of pocket when I go there. Thanks for the heads up.
ASMo 2006, POFQ 2007, WL 2008, Disneyland Paradise Pier 2008, Polynesian 2009, AKL 2010, Grand Floridian 2011, DIS ABD Backstage Magic 2/11, Wilderness Lodge 2011, Beach Club 2012, DCL 2012, AKL Kidani Village 2013, ASSports 2013, Disneyland 2013, Boardwalk & Saratoga Springs 2013

[/url]
stitchlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: