Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #496
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedac View Post
Well, darn. That's going to be some expensive coffee. Any where special to get a good deal on coffee?
We get ours at several places:
Bed, Bath and Beyond has a large selection and you can easily find 20% off coupons for them.
Walmart has recently started carrying a lot of varieties - some better than others - at pretty good prices.
BJ's Wholesale Club for bulk (80 cup) purchases.

Our goal is $0.50 per cup.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #497
dgthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedac View Post
How many cups of coffee can you get out of a k-cup?
My father & his super frugal lady friend get two cups of coffee from one k-cup, but I'm firmly on the one cup per k bandwagon myself. It's still way less expensive than buying a cup of coffee anywhere, so I'm ok with it.

There are a couple of filters on the market that allow you to make your own k-cups, using other coffees, which might be a savings. Look for EkoBrew or Solofill cups. I think BB&B carries both.
dgthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #498
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

You can also get fairly good deals at The Christmas Tree Shoppes. I second Bed, Bath, & Beyond as well. My parents tend to get theirs at Costco.

I am allergic to coffee so I only can drink the tea options, which aren't many. I typically buy the Chai latte cups and get them at Target because not many places carry them.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #499
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Another option for K- cups is to buy them online.

I get mine direct from Green Mountain. If you join their Cafe Club, you can save on each box purchased & if you buy 4 boxes the shipping is free.

I have a standard order that gets delivered every 6 weeks. If I want, I can change my order whenever I want. Right now I've changed out some brew over ice varieties for some seasonal flavors.

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #500
dalt01
DIS Veteran

our company got an industrial strengh Keurig for our customer lounge and the customers keep breaking it............the one thing they do the most is pull off the whole cup seat instead of just pulling the used pod out.........then instead of telling someone, they throw it away.........i have been trash can diving four times in the last 2 months. we finally put up a sign......PLEASE JUST PULL OUT THE USED POD NOT THE PLASTIC THING IT IS RESTING IN AS IT IS PART OF THE MACHINE. we also have some older customers and they will stand there and scratch their heads for 5 minutes and then go get a glass of water instead.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #501
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

A french press k-cup "machine". Might be good for traveling purposes.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #502
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
That is kind of strange.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #503
Abby's Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
My father & his super frugal lady friend get two cups of coffee from one k-cup, but I'm firmly on the one cup per k bandwagon myself. It's still way less expensive than buying a cup of coffee anywhere, so I'm ok with it.

There are a couple of filters on the market that allow you to make your own k-cups, using other coffees, which might be a savings. Look for EkoBrew or Solofill cups. I think BB&B carries both.
Have tried the EkoBrew and Solofill cups, and they do work better than the reusable K-cup that Keurig sells, but the very best option that we have come upon, and the one we use exclusively now (for over a year) is the EZ-Cup (www.perfectpodmaker.com). This is a plastic "k-cup" that takes a disposable filter. The perfect answer to reducing costs, and countering the arguments of those that dislike the K-cups because of the plastic cups not being able to be recycled. The EZ-Cups and replacement filters are available from the company, as well as Meijer stores here in the Midwest. Many online companies also stock them, including coffeeam.com. The disposable filters are about a dime each, and you can use any brand of coffee that you desire, including fresh ground from beans right before you brew it. Works great for us. (and we keep a supply of these with our Keurig mini in our Owner's Locker)
WDW: October 1976 - Offsite, January 1979 - CR, September of 2007 - POFQ, Christmas 2011 - CR, MNSSHP and F&W - October 2012 - AKV, Flower & Garden - April 2013 - BLT, and MNSSHP and F&W - October 2013 - BLT (our DVC home resort) AKV-Kidani.
Abby's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #504
dgthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
After being told that they could not buy a Keurig to keep in their area, a group in my office bought one of these. They seem to like it. Personally, I keep an Aeropress at my desk and use ground coffee. It's pretty handy, and makes great coffee for iced lattes. =)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: