Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #31
mom2threets
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemoe View Post
There are quite a few teas available in kcups. But I'm useless when it comes to tea. We are not friends.
The fun thing about the Keurigs is experimenting with the different strength roasts and drop sizes. You are bound to find the perfect cup that suits you.
At bigcatcoffees you can make your own variety boxes - 5 flavors in a box (25 kcups total in each box. I love doing that.

10% coupon if you PM me your email addy.
mom2threets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #32
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkodousek View Post
Does the Gevalia Crema have milk or cream in it? If so, I don't think there is anything similar offered for the Keurig.
It is just a coffee but I think the way that it is brewed makes it a little frothy on top. The ingredients are listed as "100% Arabica Coffee" so that is why I'm thinking it is just the way that it is brewed. It is very good and smooth but often hard to find here. It seems that the K cups are much more readily available.

Trying to justify buying a Keurig (due to the larger number of available flavors and the My K Cup) for the house and then either DH or I could take the Tassimo to work.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #33
simonkodousek
438 Miles From My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemoe View Post
This doesn't make sense Simon. Only water runs through the plumbing of the Keurig. Nothing else. Water (only) is injected into the top of the kcup and the hot coffee of cocoa exits the bottom of the kcup into your mug. The only thing that would ever need cleaning from chocolate residue would be the kcup holder. Personally I don't like the hot cocoa kcups. They are very thin tasting. The best hot cocoa for the Keurig is Ghiradelli cocoa packets. Pour that in your mug and then just run a water drop from the Keurig into the mug.
Sorry about wording that wrong. I guess I didn't really make much sense of it when I read about the possibility of clogging in the manual.

Simon

simonkodousek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #34
dalt01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecruiser View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for decaf coffee that is also bold/strong? I know, it sounds like an oxymoron, but I love a good strong coffee flavor, yet want to stick with decaf as much as possible.
Quote:
Have you tried the Timothy's Decaf Colombian? It's probably the best decaf coffee I've had at home.
i agree, that was one of the samples that came in mine. it was very good. i ordered a box online. by the way as stated by another poster the discount when registering is significant. i got four cases of 24 each for 25 bucks free shipping
Old 01-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #35
Jimham4
Just a Dad

Quote:
Sorry about wording that wrong. I guess I didn't really make much sense of it when I read about the possibility of clogging in the manual.

Simon
Actually you are correct. The Cocoa cups don't have filters in them like the coffee cups do and as the water runs through them some of the powder comes out into cup holder of the machine. This powder needs to be rinsed out so it doesn't mix with the water coming through for the next cup of whatever. I could see where the powder could also get lodged in the lower needle of the dispenser if allowed to sit. If you run just water into a cup after making cocoa you can see how much residue comes through the system.

1985-1988 DL Attraction Host 1990 Disneyland Hotel (Wedding) 1990 CBR (Honeymoon) 2002 Grand Californian 2003 Poly Club Level (First Trip for the kids) 2008 Paradise Pier Club Level 2009 Disneyland Hotel (Upgraded to 3 bedroom suite) 2010 Poly (It snowed that week and we still did the water parks!) Disneyland more times than I can count.
Jimham4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #36
sydconmom
Mouseketeer

Ok...trying to convince DH! Can you help me with the following:

1) Approx. how much $ per cup of coffe?
2) If you choose to make a 6oz cup, is your kcup done? Or can you make 2-6oz cups out of 1 kcup?

His concern is that is way more than the old fashioned Folgers....but how much?
sydconmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #37
kent285
DIS Veteran

Love this thread...we just bought the Keurig yesterday and love it!
kent285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #38
tekoa
DIS Veteran

I love my Keurig. I drink both the coffee and tea.
tekoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #39
dalt01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydconmom View Post

2) If you choose to make a 6oz cup, is your kcup done? Or can you make 2-6oz cups out of 1 kcup?

about 50 cents..............it makes a regular size cup if you want to pour half of it in another cup thats up to you.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #40
Jimham4
Just a Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydconmom View Post

You can usually get a box of 18 cups for 9.99. Depending on the brew you may get two cups out of it. I have the three button version (not sure of oz sizes) and can combine the large and small in a travel mug and it tastes fine. Likewise, at work I can use the medium twice and get two decent cups out of it (of course I work midnights so we're not to picky!!)

1985-1988 DL Attraction Host 1990 Disneyland Hotel (Wedding) 1990 CBR (Honeymoon) 2002 Grand Californian 2003 Poly Club Level (First Trip for the kids) 2008 Paradise Pier Club Level 2009 Disneyland Hotel (Upgraded to 3 bedroom suite) 2010 Poly (It snowed that week and we still did the water parks!) Disneyland more times than I can count.
Jimham4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #41
georgemoe
Beverages? There were beverages?
Will always remember Norway (even if he did forget his wife)
AKA Señor Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimham4 View Post
You can usually get a box of 18 cups for 9.99. Depending on the brew you may get two cups out of it. I have the three button version (not sure of oz sizes) and can combine the large and small in a travel mug and it tastes fine. Likewise, at work I can use the medium twice and get two decent cups out of it (of course I work midnights so we're not to picky!!)
The 18 packs are "retail store" packages. Everything online is the 24/25 pack and those can be had for the same $9.99. Unless you are combining with brick and mortar coupons, online is the way to go if you are shopping by price. I have nothing against supporting local merchants though.

Processing a single kcup twice can work but it could come with a cost. Flavor, body, etc. You could also add some bitterness. It doesn't hurt to try though. As Bob would say, "They can't hit ya!".
Old 01-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #42
two-foxes

Love a man in a suit!!!

My favorite is Coffee People Donut Shop. Good stuff. Also like Deitrich French Roast, Carabou Roast and Timothy's Columbian. We order just about all our K cups from Amazon. We are "Prime" members (we get so much stuff from amazon, its worth it....), so 2-day shipping is free and additional discounts are available when you do the subscribe and save as well. We get 48 cups for around 19.50. I have one in my office and one at home and WE LOVE IT!!!
two-foxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #43
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-foxes View Post
My favorite is Coffee People Donut Shop. Good stuff. Also like Deitrich French Roast, Carabou Roast and Timothy's Columbian. We order just about all our K cups from Amazon. We are "Prime" members (we get so much stuff from amazon, its worth it....), so 2-day shipping is free and additional discounts are available when you do the subscribe and save as well. We get 48 cups for around 19.50. I have one in my office and one at home and WE LOVE IT!!!
What Jill said.

I'm the only coffee drinker in the house. I tried the Senseo first. Blech! Never found a decent pod of coffee. I bought my Keurig about a year ago and haven't looked back since. My favorite is Coffee People Donut Shop too. The Coffee People Kona Blend is tasty also. I used to order the 24 packs straight from Keurig, but have since discovered the Amazon option, which is a much better deal, particularly once you find something you really like, i.e., the 48 cups for <$20 and free shipping (I'm a Prime member too).

Last edited by Dodie; 01-02-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Dodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #44
kafitty
yep, that almost sent snot flying out of my nose

LOVE our Keurig!! it is one of the things i will miss most about living at my mother's house, hahahah.

like other posters have mentioned, i use it as a quick hot water dispenser as well. so convenient!

"I believe in naps."
kafitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #45
Joshua_me
Today's Sustainable Fish

I received a BB&B gift card for Christmas, so I think I'm going to "take the plunge" and get a Keurig.

Two things still confuse me:

1) What's the difference between the large version and the smaller size ? If both make just one cup at a time, why would I want the larger one ? Does it heat the water more quickly ?

2) And yet another hot chocolate question. If I want to, say, make a cup of cocoa and then make a cup of coffee, do I have to clean the machine in between the two ?

Thanks.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Joshua_me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: