Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #16
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

We love ours. I love the flavoured coffee so I buy k-cups sometimes but they aren't that widely available here so I bought two of the reusable filters and I buy the little packets of flavours in the grocery store.

Also my kids make hot chocolate by putting their powder in the cup and then letting the water run through the k-cup holder and do the same with cup-a-soup and instant oatmeal!

Best invention since sliced bread!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #17
georgemoe
Beverages? There were beverages?
Will always remember Norway (even if he did forget his wife)
AKA Señor Jorge

Our B70 (now B77) is used morning and early evening, seven days a week. I drink a lot of coffee so I now use the My-K-Kup for my own grind. (Currently Cafe Bustelo in the big yellow can) Personally I prefer coffee flavored coffee and the extra bolds. Deb likes her flavored.

We also refill the reservoir with filtered water. In three years daily use we have not had to descale at all!

The singleservecoffee forums are a great resource and you can trade for kcups you'd like to try. Nice friendly community. http://www.singleservecoffeeforums.com/

I also use www.coffeewiz.com for most of my purchases. They are in NJ and offer free Fedex shipping for $50 orders. I usually get my coffee in a day if they ship same day. Pretty quick! There are some other popular sites like bettercoffee and coffeegiant but being on the east coast, coffeewiz works best for me. Coupon code 2010sale for 10% off through 1/5. (No I'm not affiliated.)
Old 01-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #18
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Thanks for the good info George! Checking the websites now.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #19
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Just got mine too and I am completely addicted. My favs are the Donut shop coffe by Green Mtn and the India Spice Chai tea from Celestial. It is so convienient for people who have different tastes. DH is extra bold kinda guy and I like light roast. Now we are both happy.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #20
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

A few of my family members have them and they came in very handy around the holidays. Everyone was able to drink what they wanted.

I am a tea drinker and do not drink coffee at all. DH doesn't either. He like his tea too. I was amazed how good the tea was. It really was tasty. My DH wants to get one, but I can't justify the expense for just tea. We do entertain on occasion so it would be handy for that.

Does anyone know if there are a wide variety of teas available. I might be able to give in if I knew there were many tea options.

My mother has the little cup that you can put anything in, even teas.Hmmmmm?

Last edited by DVCJones; 01-01-2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: typo
DVCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #21
mom2threets
Mouseketeer

I got the kuerig mini and love it.

I have 10% coupons to bigcatcoffees for k-cups. PM me your email addy if you would like one.

mom2threets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #22
MinnieGarden
Sweetie, let's focus on vacation..... step away from the techie stuff
Life would never been the same after the Podcast Cruise

Mike and Ian got me one for my birthday last week and I love it! No more wasted coffee, if I want tea and he wants coffee, everyone is happy! Love it!

MinnieGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #23
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

I have a question for anyone that has both the Tassimo and Keurig. We have a Tassimo and absolutely love the Gevalia Creama Coffee, does Keurig have a coffee similar to that? While I love my Tassimo there is only one store within forty minutes of my house that sells the T-Discs. And I like the option that the Keurig gives you of using your own coffee.

TIA.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #24
simonkodousek
438 Miles From My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGMom View Post
I have a question for anyone that has both the Tassimo and Keurig. We have a Tassimo and absolutely love the Gevalia Creama Coffee, does Keurig have a coffee similar to that? While I love my Tassimo there is only one store within forty minutes of my house that sells the T-Discs. And I like the option that the Keurig gives you of using your own coffee.

TIA.
Does the Gevalia Crema have milk or cream in it? If so, I don't think there is anything similar offered for the Keurig.

If you read the instruction manual closely, it says something about running hot water through the machine after using the hot cocoa mix because the powder or syrup could clog the internal pipes of the Keurig. Because of this, I doubt anything that could potentially damage the machine would be offered.

There are over (200?) K-Cup varieties available, most of which you can order online through coffee wholesalers. I've also found that K-Cups are MUCH more widely available than T-Discs. I'm sure you will be able to find something you like.

Simon

simonkodousek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #25
dvcfamily41801
Has realized you can NEVER have too many DVC points
Would love to be a teachers assistant in an elementary school
Florida Project station takes me to my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threets View Post

I have 10% coupons to bigcatcoffees for k-cups. PM me your email addy if you would like one.

Just sent you a PM!

We got ours last December and I LOVE it! I want to get a Mini to leave in our Owners Locker at WDW because I miss it so much.

Our favorite flavor is Golden French Toast by Green Mountain. It will be coming out any day now and its only available until March.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #26
bluecruiser
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any recommendations for decaf coffee that is also bold/strong? I know, it sounds like an oxymoron, but I love a good strong coffee flavor, yet want to stick with decaf as much as possible.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #27
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecruiser View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for decaf coffee that is also bold/strong? I know, it sounds like an oxymoron, but I love a good strong coffee flavor, yet want to stick with decaf as much as possible.
I'm searching for that too. The link that George provided looks like a great resource for finding just what we are after.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #28
mom2threets
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcfamily41801 View Post
Just sent you a PM!

We got ours last December and I LOVE it! I want to get a Mini to leave in our Owners Locker at WDW because I miss it so much.

Our favorite flavor is Golden French Toast by Green Mountain. It will be coming out any day now and its only available until March.
I just sent you the code. Enjoy your coffee.

Funny that you mention getting a mini for your Owner's Locker. We are going to BLT in Aug and I was thinking it would be great to pack it. (don't have a Locker).
mom2threets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #29
simonkodousek
438 Miles From My Happy Place

Quote:
Have you tried the Timothy's Decaf Colombian? It's probably the best decaf coffee I've had at home.

simonkodousek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #30
georgemoe
Beverages? There were beverages?
Will always remember Norway (even if he did forget his wife)
AKA Señor Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
A few of my family members have them and they came in very handy around the holidays. Everyone was able to drink what they wanted.

I am a tea drinker and do not drink coffee at all. DH doesn't either. He like his tea too. I was amazed how good the tea was. It really was tasty. My DH wants to get one, but I can't justify the expense for just tea. We do entertain on occasion so it would be handy for that.

Does anyone know if they are a wide variety of teas available. I might be able to give in if I knew there were many tea options.

My mother has the little cup that you can put anything in, even teas.Hmmmmm?
There are quite a few teas available in kcups. But I'm useless when it comes to tea. We are not friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threets View Post

The mini B30 is awesome. A co-worker bought one for us to use at work. It is suppose to have a travel bag as an accessory. It's small enough to be packable and no water remains inside after use. It takes longer to use than the bigger home models but it is still awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkodousek View Post
Does the Gevalia Crema have milk or cream in it? If so, I don't think there is anything similar offered for the Keurig.

If you read the instruction manual closely, it says something about running hot water through the machine after using the hot cocoa mix because the powder or syrup could clog the internal pipes of the Keurig. Because of this, I doubt anything that could potentially damage the machine would be offered.

There are over (200?) K-Cup varieties available, most of which you can order online through coffee wholesalers. I've also found that K-Cups are MUCH more widely available than T-Discs. I'm sure you will be able to find something you like.

Simon
This doesn't make sense Simon. Only water runs through the plumbing of the Keurig. Nothing else. Water (only) is injected into the top of the kcup and the hot coffee of cocoa exits the bottom of the kcup into your mug. The only thing that would ever need cleaning from chocolate residue would be the kcup holder. Personally I don't like the hot cocoa kcups. They are very thin tasting. The best hot cocoa for the Keurig is Ghiradelli cocoa packets. Pour that in your mug and then just run a water drop from the Keurig into the mug.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I'm searching for that too. The link that George provided looks like a great resource for finding just what we are after.
Coffeewiz has a couple extra bold choices in decaf. Green Mountain Dark Magic would be a good choice. Timothy's Rainforest Espresso is also very good. These are perfect for those who don't like a stronger cup of coffee but do want a larger drop. Say the 11oz from the B77 model. There are also dark roasts in decaf that may be good. Most are french roast and I find that over roasted for my taste.

The fun thing about the Keurigs is experimenting with the different strength roasts and drop sizes. You are bound to find the perfect cup that suits you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: