Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
mekay1012
Earning My Ears

New to disney and need help planning adr

We are going to wdw in June and are getting the dining plan. I want to go ahead and start booking our reservations, but don't have a clue about where to eat and when. I want to book 5 character meals that a 4 year old girl will love. My dd loves the princesses, peter pan and tinkerbell if that helps any. Thanks!
mekay1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

for character meals I would definately do 'ohana at the Poly for breakfast its fantastic. And the breakfast at Norway. The food is ok but lots of prinesses and princess time. Plus, free photos. The Tusker House Breakfast is good as well. Personally, 3 is enough, 5 may be overload

I would eat somewhere at night at the World Showcase. Its an attraction in of itself when you walk around it eat and then watch illuminations. Choose the country you prefer and go for it. My personal choices would be Chefs de France and the San Angel Inn

Some other choices would be Boma and Kona Cafe for meals. She may enjoy the Whsipering Canyon Cafe for its shenanignans. Same is true for Prime Time Cafe.

Eat at Cosmic Rays at CS place. Sonny Eclipse, the AA alien lounge singer, is a hoot

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

another thought is to check out the T-Rex Cafe is is ok with dinosaurs. My daughter thought the baby wooly mammoth was cute

Another choice would be the Rainforest Cafe although I personally find the T-Rex to be superior in food (although its the same company)

The Coral Reef at Epcot might be nice since she can watch the fish in the aquarium. Thats assuming the adults like seafood

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
perkinsrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekay1012 View Post
We are going to wdw in June and are getting the dining plan. I want to go ahead and start booking our reservations, but don't have a clue about where to eat and when. I want to book 5 character meals that a 4 year old girl will love. My dd loves the princesses, peter pan and tinkerbell if that helps any. Thanks!
How many nights will you be staying?

WDW (offsite) late 70s, DL (offsite) early 80s, WDW (offsite) mid 80s
Contemporary Jan 2006
All-Star Sports Feb 2007
All-Star Sports Feb 2008
Polynesian ! Feb 2009 Buy4getFree!
Beach Club Jan 2010 Buy4getFree!
POFQ Jan 2011
Beach Club July 2012
Beach Club June 2013
Boardwalk April 2014
perkinsrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

I LOVE the character meals. We did nine on our last trip. I have a DS7 and DD5. My top 5 are 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella + family), Garden Grill (in Epcot), Cinderella's Royal Table (2 TS credits), Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace. We hit those every time. The kids just love them. Everyday they would ask who the were eating with. Mickey's BBQ is also fun, but 2 TS as well.

FYI, Rainforest and T-Rex are not on the dining plan.
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
angelmav
DIS Veteran

Echoing the pp, it really depends how many days/nights your going to be there. Keep in mind their are plenty of character meeting opportunities outside the restaurants as well. She may enjoy some of the non character activities like limbo/coconut races at Ohana for dinner rather than characters for bfast. I dont think Peter Pan appears at any restaurants though we usually see him and wendy by POTC.
angelmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I would say Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends), and Tusker House (Donald and Daisy) would be ideal for a 4 year old girl. For the princess experience, I think the castle for breakfast or lunch is amazing - not the food- but the location. It is expensive (2 credits if on plan).

I've heard Akershus has a great princess experience. My dh and I enjoyed the food at 1900 Park Fare the best; if your dd likes Alice and Wonderland this would be better than Crystal Palace.

I love Ohana for dinner, but the character breakfast is Stitch (with Mickey and Pluto) - depends on your dd.

For our age 6 twin daughters' first visit, we rode the boat from the Poly, bought autograph books and had lunch with the princesses at the castle. It was a magical memory- mostly for me! I hadn't been to Disney but for one day as a child. (It's a shame that they weren't all about the princesses anymore. My one daughter was gaga over Daisy at Tusker though.)

Enjoy!
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #8
TinkerbellinLouisian
I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

Character Meals

My votes are for

1) Breakfast at "Ohana! "Ohana means family...and family means No one ever gets left behind...

2) Dinner at CRT! How can you beat eating in the CASTLE!!! I believe everyone should go once at least...although it's a family tradition for us!

Have a magical visit!

Mary
1970 - (I was 5...it was just a movie being shown back then...still being built)...1974 - WDW - ?...1976 - DL - On the way to moving from CA to FL...1977 - WDW Lake Buena Vista...1981 - WDW High School Dance Competition...1982 - H.S. Dance Competition.....1983 - H.S. Dance Competition...1985 - Offsite...1991 - Offsite (HJ)..1993 - AS Movies...1994 - Offsite ...1995 - AS Music .....1997 - Offsite...1998 - Offsite...2000 - Offsite...2002 - Polynesian (Got Married!)...2004 - Beach Club...2006 - Beach Club...2008 - Beach Club...2010 May 9-14 BCV Graduation Celebration with DS18...2012 Surprising Family on details May Visit to WDW

TinkerbellinLouisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
TinkGirl
DIS Veteran

4 year old girl--eat in the castle! Even the boys think it's cool with it's swords and armour.

POR, DVC since 2005 (SSR, BWV, AKL, BCV, VWL, OKW, HH, BLT), Disney Dream, HR Universal, Gaylord Palms, 2015 Princess 10K
TinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:25 AM   #10
shawnh199
Mouseketeer

Our must do character breakfast for our 2 girls (2 & 6) is the princess breakfast at Epcot.

We did 6 character breakfasts on our trip earlier in December. Our favorite other than Akershus was Tusker House (Donald, Daisy, Mickey & Goofy). It is a large buffet with lots of variety and rather good food. We loved Ohana (Lilo, Stitch, Pluto & Mickey) and Crystal Palace (Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, & Piglet) as well. Chef Mickey's (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, & Pluto) was good, but had some "fishy" tasting eggs and sausage gravy compared to the other buffets. We also enjoyed the taste & variety at Hollywood and Vine(Leo and June from the Little Einsteins and Jo Jo and Goliath).

We also ate Dinner at Garden Grill (Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale) but I probably will not return to it next time.

We were on the deluxe plan, so we were able to eat at alot of the other restaurants listed on your post, so I don't feel as though we missed out at all.

Yes we got a lot of character meeting opps in the parks, but we liked having the option to skip them in the parks if the lines were too long. We had one on one with most of the characters at our character meals. We went through 3 autograph books and got 42 different character signatures while we were there. We doubled up on some of the bigger characters since some were wearing different outfits for our girls books (but that's not included in the 42 count total). Our girls had a awesome trip!

Enjoy your trip!
shawnh199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:26 AM   #11
perkinsrose
DIS Veteran

We like
Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh & Friends (Magic Kingdom)
Chef Mickey (Contemporary Resort short monorail ride from MagicK )

--I wouldn't miss those two--

Play &Dine at HollyWood &Vine (Hollywood Studios) is pretty good and I'm sure a hit with a 4 yr old

We've done Garden Grill which was just so-so though its very cool to look over into the "Living with the Land" ride.

TuskerHouse breakfast with Mickey, Goofy, etc. at Animal Kingdom was pretty good too

ohh---If you don't want to use up 2 dining credits or can't get reserv. at Cinderella's Royal Table, we also did dinner at Grand Floridian Resort with Cinderella & Friends (stepsisters, stepmother) that was pretty good though kids did NOT like the stepmother. She really stayed in character!

Contemporary Jan 2006
All-Star Sports Feb 2007
All-Star Sports Feb 2008
POFQ Jan 2011
Beach Club July 2012
Beach Club June 2013
Boardwalk April 2014

Last edited by perkinsrose; 12-31-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:48 AM   #12
mekay1012
Earning My Ears

We are staying 6 nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkinsrose View Post
How many nights will you be staying?
mekay1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:00 AM   #13
perkinsrose
DIS Veteran

Disney's mainsite will have dining info though I often find it running very slow.

www.allears.net has great info on DINING and even has menus

this book link below is a great all-around resource
some people complain its too big--I like it because of that! It covers just about everything and its unbiased. It will have a section on dining and has a grid on character dining in the world. Its only $14 on amazon, more like $20 in stores.

Unofficial Guide to DisneyWorld

http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Gui...2264382&sr=8-1

Contemporary Jan 2006
All-Star Sports Feb 2007
All-Star Sports Feb 2008
POFQ Jan 2011
Beach Club July 2012
Beach Club June 2013
Boardwalk April 2014
Old 12-31-2009, 07:45 AM   #14
Disney Crazy Debbie
DIS Veteran

We always do CP, CRT, and Chef Mickey. This year we are checking out some other "characters." We also did Liberty Tree Tavern but they do the characters there anymore.

1975 - Holiday Inn, Orlando; 12/1975 (WDW), 2/1976 (WDW), 4/1976 (WDW) and 4/83 (DL) - day visits; 6/80 - Lake Buena Vista; 9/2000 Caribbean Beach Resort; 8/2004 POFQ; 8/2006 BCR and Disney Cruise; 6/2007 Disney Land Paris; 07/31/2012 Port Orleans French Quarters
Disney Crazy Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: