Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
luvmylilangels
Why would I go to the gym and punish my body for something my mouth did!

Anyone Want To Participate in Y.E.S. And Going To Disney World March 14th-18th?

Okay, not sure if this is the thread I should post this in but I think it fits best here. So I was looking into the Y.E.S. Program and I am soooo interested. Not only because of the awesome learning experience for my children but also because of the deep discounted price on park tickets. But I have ran into a snag that the wonderful Staff over at the Y.E.S program have offered to get me out of LOL. Because we are going to Disney World in March 2010 we are not able to participate in the Open Enrollment in January. Sooooo they suggested that I organize my own group of at least 10 children and register the group for a date I will be at Disney in March. My problem is I don't know anyone in my immediate circle who can go to Disney in march. So I would like to know if there is anyone interested in joining up with me. I am a Stay At Home Mom so I would do all the leg work I just need others who would like to be apart of my group so that we can have a wonderful Disney experience. So here is what I am looking for:

My children that will be participating range in the age of 5-10
. So it looks like the "How Things Move" or "Synergy In Science" would be the two programs to choose from. Click Here For More Information

We will be at Disney World between March 14th-18th so anyone who will be attending between these dates would work.

We would only be required to be together for the class. The rest of your family's time at Disney World is up to you.

Y.E.S. Online Program Brochure

UPDATE: Tickets have arrived!! Disney Here We Come!!

Ticket Pricing

If you are an Annual Pass Holder the cost is $26 to add the class. Otherwise if you already have regular tickets you must still purchase a special separate one day ticket that includes the class for $76.

Brand New Facebook Page for the group L.E.A.P

The master list for those who are interested in a specific week for a specific age group has been started.

Master List Of Those Interested

If you would like to be added and/or want a specific week for your Disney World trip please let me know and I will add it.

Discussion groups have been started on the L.E.A.P Facebook Page:

Discussion Groups Listed By Weeks

Thanks so much to everyone for their interest! This is really turning out to be sooooo wonderful!

Last edited by luvmylilangels; 02-18-2010 at 03:24 PM.
luvmylilangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

This is an awesome program and you can't beat the price! We are signed up for January. I hope you get enough people to participate!!
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
chartle
DIS Veteran

Just so you know with the YES program you can only get one extra ticket per child. So if you sign up 10 kids you can only get 10 extra tickets.

At least this is how the YES program works for marching band program that we will be doing in (look at first ticker in my sig).
Old 12-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
luvmylilangels

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
Just so you know with the YES program you can only get one extra ticket per child. So if you sign up 10 kids you can only get 10 extra tickets.

At least this is how the YES program works for marching band program that we will be doing in (look at first ticker in my sig).
Yep! That also works great for me and hopefully for some other family. Great tip!
Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post

I don't think that's true. I have one child participating in the program and purchased tickets for the other 2 adults.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #6
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
I don't think that's true. I have one child participating in the program and purchased tickets for the other 2 adults.
I just remember reading this when I was pricing everything for our trip.

Quote:
What provisions are made for our chaperones?

TWO (2) complimentary chaperone packages are provided for each of your groups purchasing Disney Y.E.S. multi-day packages. Also, for every one paying student, one chaperone may purchase the corresponding Disney Y.E.S. package at the student price.
When the number of your chaperones exceeds the above guidelines, any additional chaperones are charged the current, front-gate admission price. If there is a change in the number of your paying students at the time of purchase, your group must recalculate its chaperone numbers to maintain correct ratios. All of your chaperones may purchase corresponding recreation and dining add-on options at the student rate.
http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.c...age=YESFAQPage
Old 12-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
luvmylilangels

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
Also I believe if you purchased the tickets for the open enrollment event they let you buy as many as you want for the discount price. Is that what your tickets are for?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
luvmylilangels

Added this info on the budget board for those who didn't see it:

Thank you minnieforme! I am getting more excited about the idea!

@kibbycat and polkadotminnie LOL we were not planning on buying our tickets until February anyways so by the time I register the group and hear back from them it should be by the end of January or so. Imma go ahead and register the group on monday stating about 15 children(that should include about 3 or 4 families who may be interested). I can always add a few more later after the registration goes through should someone be interested later on. I will start a list of all who are interested and once I get the registration approval I will get definite confirmations from those who are interested. In the meantime if you are interested please let me know and I will add you to the list. And I will let you all know once I recieve the confirmation. It truly is a great deal no matter how you see it. And I'm excited for those who would like to get involved.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
mh1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylilangels View Post
Added this info on the budget board for those who didn't see it:

Thank you minnieforme! I am getting more excited about the idea!

@kibbycat and polkadotminnie LOL we were not planning on buying our tickets until February anyways so by the time I register the group and hear back from them it should be by the end of January or so. Imma go ahead and register the group on monday stating about 15 children(that should include about 3 or 4 families who may be interested). I can always add a few more later after the registration goes through should someone be interested later on. I will start a list of all who are interested and once I get the registration approval I will get definite confirmations from those who are interested. In the meantime if you are interested please let me know and I will add you to the list. And I will let you all know once I recieve the confirmation. It truly is a great deal no matter how you see it. And I'm excited for those who would like to get involved.
When you talked to someone with the YES program did they say you could organize your own group any month? You don't have to be homeschoolers, just a group of at least 10 or more children? If so, we could definitely organize a family trip, with cousins and all we have at least 10 kids.
mh1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #10
luvmylilangels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh1973 View Post
When you talked to someone with the YES program did they say you could organize your own group any month? You don't have to be homeschoolers, just a group of at least 10 or more children? If so, we could definitely organize a family trip, with cousins and all we have at least 10 kids.
They said any group as long as there are at least 10 children minimum. It's just amazing! Here are some direct quotes from the website as well:

What constitutes a "group" qualified to participate in a Disney Y.E.S. program?
Disney Y.E.S. programs are available exclusively to K-12 student groups of 10 or more residing in The United States of America, Puerto Rico or Canada. Your student participants must be under 22 years of age and meet specific grade level requirements for the program requested. Some experiences require that your students meet certain height specifications. For detailed information, see the program itinerary.

Do we have to be affiliated with a school to participate in Disney Y.E.S.?
Any domestic youth group is welcome to take part in Disney Y.E.S. program. If you are an International Group, please contact us or call 1-877-939-6884 for more information.

You can see the rest of the FAQ Here
Old 12-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
delmar411
DIS Veteran

I might be interested. Those dates match up to our college spring break and I've been checking into airfare. I have 4 kids and in March they will be 4,5,6,and 11. I'd only need to buy park tickets for 2kids and 1adult so that would leave 1 extra chaperone ticket available, right?

Anyway, just let me know once you have something put together.

Also can these tickets be upgraded or are they as is? That might effect our decision.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #12
mh1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They said any group as long as there are at least 10 children minimum. It's just amazing! Here are some direct quotes from the website as well:

What constitutes a "group" qualified to participate in a Disney Y.E.S. program?
Disney Y.E.S. programs are available exclusively to K-12 student groups of 10 or more residing in The United States of America, Puerto Rico or Canada. Your student participants must be under 22 years of age and meet specific grade level requirements for the program requested. Some experiences require that your students meet certain height specifications. For detailed information, see the program itinerary.

Do we have to be affiliated with a school to participate in Disney Y.E.S.?
Any domestic youth group is welcome to take part in Disney Y.E.S. program. If you are an International Group, please contact us or call 1-877-939-6884 for more information.

You can see the rest of the FAQ Here

so on you registration for what did you put for the name of your group or organization?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
luvmylilangels

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
I might be interested. Those dates match up to our college spring break and I've been checking into airfare. I have 4 kids and in March they will be 4,5,6,and 11. I'd only need to buy park tickets for 2kids and 1adult so that would leave 1 extra chaperone ticket available, right?

Anyway, just let me know once you have something put together.

Also can these tickets be upgraded or are they as is? That might effect our decision.
I know that they offer several ticket packages. So no doubt after the registration goes through you can decide on what ticket package you would like. And your scenerio would leave 1 adult ticket yes. BTW they state that you must purchase tickets for all children who are attending so for the two that you would possibly be buying for they are the only 2 that can participate. Does that make sense? But I will add you to the list of inquiries.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #14
luvmylilangels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh1973 View Post
so on you registration for what did you put for the name of your group or organization?
I want to name the group something that represents the families coming together at Disney World to learn. I have a few names in mind LOL! If anyone has any cool names between now and Monday when I register let me know.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #15
mh1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I want to name the group something that represents the families coming together at Disney World to learn. I have a few names in mind LOL! If anyone has any cool names between now and Monday when I register let me know.
When you come up with something let us know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: