Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #46
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 4 - continued...

We also had a look in the Writer's Corner store/cafe

Next up.. the Animation Tour – the little show part of this with Mushu is really cute, we do miss the Robin Williams/Walter Cronkite version – but it is good how it is now.

We looked around the Princess & the Frog displays in the next room (we hoped to see the movie the next day at DTD!!) - and then onto the character meet & greet area.
We saw Frozone from The Incredibles, and Mickey in his Fantasia outfit.. but most exciting of all for us was.. Carl Frederickson from Up!!

We got in line – we commented it was a shame that Russell and Dug weren't there to, but it would be cool to meet Carl.. and within minutes, Russell came out too!
This probably was our longest line of the whole vacaction.. we waited about 25 minutes!

When there were only two families in front of us.. guess who comes out to join Carl & Russell.. Dug!!

I shouted out “IT'S DUG!!!”... like I was four years old .. a Dad in front of us turned around and smiled at me.. and said “do you guys not have kids with you?! You're awesome!!”

So we got to meet our latest favourite Disney characters..

Carl kissed my hand, and Dug pretended to 'lick' our faces – so cute, real magical moment!
Verity even said to Dug “I have just met you, and I love you”.. to which he held up his paws like he was laughing.. wow.

By now it was time for our FP for TSMM – so we headed back over there. I found a few more of the 'Easter Eggs' to get higher points, but Verity still won!

It was really warm and sunny now, so we decided to get a WDW treat... Mickey Bars! We got them from an icecream stand on the corner of Sunset Boulevard.

There were a few more things we wanted to do at DHS, but as we would be back the next evening for EMH, we strolled back to the BW – with our icecreams!
As we went through the turnstile – a CM said “Are you eating Mickey?!”.. Verity replied “Yup.. and he tastes really good!”

Old 01-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #47
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Another great update. I loved the input from your sister. I love the tea cups too. One of the things I liked about going with just my husband was that he got to spin me. Usually we divide up between the kids. He is the strongest of the bunch so therefore the fastest spinner. I love to spin.

You are lucky you have this time with your sister before you get married and start a family. Congratulations by the way, I see on your ticker that you are headed that way sooner than it probably feels.

I would love to go on a trip with just me and my sister. We are very close but are ten years apart in age. I am just getting to the point where I can leave my children and she just started having hers so we probably won't be able to do it until I am 55 and she is 45 (13 years). I just hope I don't out grow all the tea cups by then.

Keep the updates coming.

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #48
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy for Disney View Post
Another great update. I loved the input from your sister.

You are lucky you have this time with your sister before you get married and start a family. Congratulations by the way, I see on your ticker that you are headed that way sooner than it probably feels.

I would love to go on a trip with just me and my sister.
Keep the updates coming.
Thank you! We did have an amazing time - now that I don't live at home anymore, it was nice to spend nearly a week together - we both adore all things Disney so much, it was the perfect place to be!

Rest of day 4 coming up...
Old 01-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #49
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 4 - continued...

Once back at the BW, we got showered and ready for an afternoon & evening in Epcot – Verity wore her birthday button as this was our 'birthday party' for her 21st!

We walked over to Epcot and through to Future World, and rode Spaceship Earth. I still really like this but miss the Jeremy Irons narration & the finale music when you reached the top of the sphere.
We sent our 'postcard of the future' to our parents (they always do this for us when they go to WDW without us!).

Verity was getting a lot of 'Happy Birthday!'s from Cast Members and other guests because she had the birthday button on!

By now it was 3pm and we wanted to go to another All About the Mouse meet – starting at Innoventions West for.. Kim Possible!
We'd not done KP before and thought this was a good way to do it & meet some other Disney fans
We went in a team with two guys – Craig Wheeler (who sometimes does segments on WDW radio) and Brian Fee who is a photographer.
First we made a quick stop at Club Cool.. Verity got to try her first shot of Beverley...

Our mission was in China – another part of the challenge was to find Hidden Mickeys in our country and take pictures.. the team that got the most HMs would win a prize!

KP was really good fun – it's not just for kids! We saw a lot more of the China pavilion than we'd ever seen – the clues & effects are very well hidden.

We also met Mulan.. there was no one around her!!

We finished our mission and headed over to the French Pavilion to meet up with the other teams – We got our first cocktails of the day from the French cart.. champagne for Verity & a pomegranate champagne cocktail for me!
As our team was first back, Bryan gave us each a prize!! Verity got HSM3 soundtrack cd & I got a black Mickey scrapbook (I wanted to buy a scrapbook for the trip anyway so this was perfect!)

Bryan was recording a segment for the next week's podcast.. you can hear Verity and I speaking on it!
We're mentioned on show #140 at 0h37m & 1h08m and then we speak at 1h15m42s !!! (It's so weird hearing our voices on a podcast that we listen to each week!)

http://www.pupuplatters.com/pupuplay...m/themouse.xml

(scroll down to show #140 .. or you can subscribe for free on iTunes – we love Disney podcasts like this one, it's a great way to keep up to date with WDW news and enjoy a bit of the 'magic' each week!)

We donated a prize to the show (an 'Up' pin that was exclusive in the UK) which Bryan gave out during the meet..

We also gave him a Christmas card & a small gift to say thank you for doing the podcast – it was a pin from the Disney Store in London and also a framed photo of 'Disney Place' which is a street name in Southwark, London.

We spoke to some lovely people – we were getting much better at these meets now!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #50
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 4 - continued...

Soon the time got to 5.30pm and it was time for our ADR at Teppan Edo.

I had eaten here on both of my last two trips but it was Veriy's first time although she had eaten at Tokyo Dining before.

We waited with a buzzer for about 5 minutes in the waiting area, and got talking to a lovely lady who seemed to be there by herself – she complimented us our nice outfits & wished Verity a Happy Birthday!

We were sat with a family of 6 – we said hello to each other at the beginning but didn't really speak during the meal – I think that's a good thing about Teppan Edo, although you sit on large tables with other guests – you're so busy watching the chef that there's no awkward silences!

We were doing the Candlelight Processional dining package – so we could choose one of six appetisers and anything from the entrees and also a dessert (this was a 'tier 1' restaurant and it cost about $54.99 each).
I had shrimp & wasabi cocktail then 'Hotate' – scallop stirfry, and Verity had Tempura followed by Steak & shrimp stirfry.

Our package included soft drinks, so we had iced green teas – and also ordered green tea martinis (continuing our 'drinks around the world'!)

We had a female chef who was fantastic – I have been impressed with each of the chefs I've seen at TE – each does things slightly differently.

The servers had noticed Verity's birthday badge.. and much to her 'delight' (!) when our desserts were brought out, hers had a candle stuck in the top – and all the servers chanted a Japanese version of 'Happy Birthday' with lots of clapping – everyone joined in.. Verity also got a tall chef's hat placed on her head too!!

After an excellent meal, we walked over to the American pavilion to find out where we got in line for the CLP – our show was at 8.15pm, so the CM suggested we join the line (on the right hand side of the theatre – left side is for standby guests) about 30 minutes before.

It was about that time anyway, so we decided to join the line.. which ended right back at the Morocco pavilion! It showed how popular the CLP is! I kept our place in the line while Verity went to the Tangerine Cafe to find out what kind of cocktails they had.. she returned with a very fruity drink, which the CM had made up especially for her – as it was her 'birthday'!

Soon the line started to move, and once at the theatre we chose some seats just to the left of the stage.

The guest speaker for our show was supposed to have been Vanessa Williams – which we were really excited about because we both love Ugly Betty! Unfortunately, Vanessa was unable to attend the shows and we saw Chita Rivera instead – she was very good though and seemed to love listening to all the Christmas carols, she even sang along!

CLP was excellent and I'm glad we saw it – it definitely gets you in a festive mood!

During the show, I noticed several choir singers be helped off stage – I wondered if the lights were very hot and making them feel faint?

Our CLP dinner packaged included a private viewing area for Illuminations, however – the show didn't finish until nearly 9.15pm – and the area was right over by the entrance to World Showcase!

We walked around there, but didn't quite make it to the viewing area – we still had a great view, between the Mexico Pavilion and the Christmas Tree.
We stopped on the way for our fourth drink.. a Baileys Coffee from the Norway Bakery – it was getting a bit cooler outside again so it was a perfect drink!

Illuminations was breath-taking, again! The holiday tag is unbelievable, it lights up the whole sky.

We walked through Canada and the UK back to International Gateway (the 'short way' this time!) - we're always amazed how many people are queueing to get the Friendships back to the Crescent Lake area hotels – it's really not that far?!

We decided to walk under the bridge that leads to the BW, and go to the Beach Club to check out the Gingerbread carousel & the other decorations.

We walked through the Yacht Club and back to the Boardwalk –

Ready for a good night's sleep... as tomorrow, we'd be going backstage at the Magic Kingdom!

Emma x x
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #51
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I had never seen these posters! (Muppets) Did not even know that this line was there. Gotta go see it this year.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 01-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #52
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I had no idea they had the Bailey's coffee at the Norway pavilion. Only went there for the schoolbread. Ohh... now this it tempting.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 01-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #53
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
I had no idea they had the Bailey's coffee at the Norway pavilion. Only went there for the schoolbread. Ohh... now this it tempting.
It was a lovely coffee! They also do one called 'Viking Coffee' which I think has a coffee liquer in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
I had never seen these posters! (Muppets) Did not even know that this line was there. Gotta go see it this year.
It is to the right of the muppets entrance - behind the stroller parking area.. we hopped over the railing to go take a peak!!

Emma x
Old 01-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #54
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

It's incredible how sometimes you settle into routines lol

I normally go to the writer's shop for coffee and a pastry.

I will try and change that, and go to Starring Rolls this time.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #55
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I can't believe you did so many of those "meets!" I guess it helps to mix it up and do different things like that, especially for people who go to WDW so often.

You guys looked so pretty that night! I NEVER get that dressed up!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #56
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
I can't believe you did so many of those "meets!" I guess it helps to mix it up and do different things like that, especially for people who go to WDW so often.

You guys looked so pretty that night! I NEVER get that dressed up!
Aww thank you! .. we made sure we had nice outfits to wear for MVMCP and also for Verity's 'birthday party' around World Showcase! I did feel a little over-dressed earlier in the afternoon at Epcot, but it was fun!

We had chosen to go for the second weekend in December partly because it used to be known as 'mousefest' (although that was cancelled for 2009!) when people from DIS, disney podcasts etc all head to WDW to meet up - we wanted to say 'hi' to some of the people we'd listened to for years!

It was great to include some 'meets' into our schedule, but I wouldn't go and do everything they had planned, 'WDW Today' had days & days of things scheduled!!

Thank you for reading so far!

Emma xx
Old 01-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #57
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Hi, Emma! I followed you over here from Becky's PTR. I just caught myself up-- I love how you guys did basically everything that Disney offers for the holidays. I've never had too much interest in any of the special parties (Pirate and Princess, MNSSHP), EXCEPT MVMCP! You guys look like you had a wonderful time!
Also can totally appreciate the getting dressed up-- DBF and I always wanted to look nice for dinner. Mainly so our photos would turn out nicely!!
Can't wait for more
Old 01-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #58
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

WOW!! What a great update full of fun memories!! I love that you got to meet the characters from Up! That is something I wish we had done on our last trip--visit the Animation building. It is definitely on our list for this May!! And boy you did a lot of meets!! How fun!! I cannot WAIT to see the Candlelight Processional this December!! Which restaurants can you choose from to get the CP package?! Can you use that on the dining plan?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #59
Sweet Pea UK
DIS Veteran

Enjoying this report as much as the last Emma xx
Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #60
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea UK View Post
Enjoying this report as much as the last Emma xx
Thank you for reading so far! This trip was very different to July's, many more magical moments .. we got so much done in 5 days too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I cannot WAIT to see the Candlelight Processional this December!! Which restaurants can you choose from to get the CP package?! Can you use that on the dining plan?
Hi! There are three 'tiers' of restaurant for the CLP dinner package... This page on WDWINFO explains it well!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/cand....htm#narrators
It looks like you can use two TS credits per person for the lunchtime package.
I'd definitely recommend the dining package though - it guarantees you a seat in the theatre & a relatively shorter line.. everytime we walked through World Showcase in the evenings we were amazed by the queues for CLP.. this really is a popular show!!

Emma xx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: