Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #31
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 3 continued...

Then we went back to Asia to do the Maharajan Jungle Trek – again, we looked in the HM book and found some great ones! A couple walking behind us started to look for them too!

(in his earring) (in the brown mountains!)

We also saw De-Vine …

We wanted to see the Festival of the Lion King show next – so we went over to Camp Minnie Mickey... we just wanted a light lunch as we had an early dinner ADR, so we had... icecream!

While we ate it we wandered around the camp and saw some unusual characters doing a meet & greet...

Once we'd finished our icecreams we went to watch the show.. I hadn't seen it for a few trips, it was still amazing – but, as usual, we were sat in the Giraffe section – I don't think I've ever sat anywhere else?!

We headed out of the park after this, we got the bus & decided to get off at the first stop – The Swan, and walk back to the Boardwalk.

(our room is end window of red building, top floor!)

We'd planned to swim or go in the hot tub for this afternoon, but due to the cool weather we just hung out in the room, watched some tv (Disney Channel, of course!) and then made ourselves pretty, ready to head off to The Contemporary Resort for dinner!

We got the bus to MK then walked to CR – it was much closer than I thought it was. We found The Wave and checked in – the CM was from England and we chatted to her about the International College Programme

We were given a buzzer but had barely sat down in the stylish blue waiting area, when our table was ready!
We had a great server called Yvonne – she was originally from Germany but had moved to Orlando & worked at WDW for over 10 years! She knew the menu inside out & made recommendations for our meals.
We considered doing a Wine Flight (we both like Sauvignon Blanc the best!) but decided to splash out on a bottle lol.

The meal was excellent, really nice sized portions – we made it to dessert and felt full at the end, but not stuffed!
Verity had tomato & lentil soup, chicken pot pie & then the indulgent trio

I had the chilli, fish of the day (trout, that looked like salmon!) with edamame bean salad, then the sugar-free trio

After our meal, we explored the resort a little,

and visited the restrooms so we could add some more sparkly makeup.. had to look festive for our next destination.. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!!
Verity had also bought us some fairylight necklaces which were perfect for the party.

We got the monorail to MK – when we stopped at the Polynesian resort I noticed a lady get on the train who had a Dis LGMH on her bag, I wish now we'd said 'hi' !
Old 01-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #32
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 3 continued...

Onto the party!!

By now it was even colder, a CM at the entrance asked us if we were cold (we were wearing party dresses & cardigans!).. Verity said “oh no, we're English – this is like summer for us!”

Main Street USA was breath-taking.. the lights looked beautiful, the christmas tree and.. the castle!!

It was about 8pm so a lot of people were getting ready to watch the 8.30pm parade, we decided to wait for the 10.30pm one & do some other things in the meantime.

We'd missed the castle lighting ceremony (that's at dusk so about 6.30pm) but it still looks stunning!

First we went to Haunted Mansion, we decided this would be pretty creepy at night time.. it was!

Next to Fantasyland to do Peter Pan's Flight (the line is always soo long for this! We only waited 10 minutes), just after we got in the queue, the area around the back of the castle and FL was closed for the fireworks, we were lucky to get on the ride!

It had started to rain a bit, so we headed to Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland.

We saw Pluto & Goofy having a dance-off on stage to Elvis, Michael Jackson & Queen songs!

The Queen of Hearts & Alice were on the dance-floor with the children dancing, so cute!

We got our free cookies & hot chocolate from the counter... mmmm!

We wandered back to the hub and found a good spot to watch Holiday Wishes, lucky the rain was easing. While we waited we drank our hot chocolate and listened to all the great festive songs that were being played!

The fireworks started at 9.30pm and were amazing.... seemed much much bigger than normal Wishes (which I also love!!) and they came from all around us, set to a lovely medley of holiday music.

After the show we went to Tomorrowland to watch the new 'Totally Tomorrowland Xmas' show – there were announcements to say it would be delayed due to the weather, but it started about 10 minutes later.
It was a nice show, better than expected!

Unfortunately we missed the show in front of the castle, so we headed to the Emporium to buy some of the MVMCP merchandise .. I got a pin & tree decoration, we bought a few other items so that we could purchase the blanket for $15.95! It was perfect to wrap around us while we waited for the parade to start.
We stood on Main Street, the parade was fantastic – so many floats & characters!

The 'snow' was great too, so much more than I thought there'd be – it even stuck to our hair and clothes!

We wandered along Main St and saw the Mickey's Christmas Carol window displays.. we watch this movie every Christmas eve so it was great to see them!

We stopped for a photo with Pooh & Eeyore before we headed out the park.

There was a HUGE line for the Boardwalk bus.. then we noticed there was no line for the Y&B bus, just in front of it?! So we got that one.

Once we'd walked back to the BW, it was nearly midnight, but we still had one more thing to do today – an All About the Mouse podcast meet at Jelly Rolls!
We popped to our room to freshen up makeup and drop off Pal Mickey – then headed to the Boardwalk!

We'd never been in Jelly Rolls before, I play piano and was really impressed – there are two pianist who sing & play a huge range of music, you can request practically anything!
There was a $10 cover charge to get in, as we walked in – I straight away recognised the podcast presenter, Bryan Ripper, we walked over and introduced ourselves; a lot of people had left already (the meet had started at 10pm, we were fashionably late!) but we met some other listeners & Bryan's wife, Amy.
We stayed there for nearly two hours, chatting.. making friends! It was really good fun, it was great to talk about all things Disney & they also asked us lots about England – we met one of the piano players when he took a break & walked around the bar; he asked “who are these two movie stars?!” when he saw us (we were pretty dressed up still from MVMCP!) and put us on the guestlist for the next night (unfortunately we didn't make it again, but I definitely want to go on another trip)

It got to nearly 2am, we decided it was time to go to bed.. we wanted to be at DHS for extra magic hours at 8am!!

Coming up tomorrow.. Hollywood Studios, then Epcot for Kim Possible, drinking around the World (nearly!), Teppan Edo & Candlelight Processional!

Emma x x

Last edited by disneybarbie; 01-08-2010 at 01:33 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #33
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
OMG no way!! Were you sitting along a wall, to the right from where you enter the restaurant?! .. there was a couple sat next to us... our ADR was at 5.30pm !!!!

Emma [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Yes that is where we sat but our ADR was at 7:15 but I don't think you were there too long. I also think we get in before our ADR time. I know when we left there was a family with a young child there so we may have been there just on the end of your dinner. I can't remember for sure. If you got your picture taken I am sure I will recognize it when you post. I just remember the kids because one the reasons I picked the wave was because when I was picking restaurants I did a thread on good places for adults to dine and many many people suggested the wave. I felt like I was surrounded by kids the entire meal, except for the two girls to my left (you?). At the end of the meal there was a toddler that screamed as loud as he could nonstop for about a half hour. Not I am tired or hurt scream but just a scream for no other reason than he didn't want to be there. My guess is that you were gone by then.

Ok, I just saw that picture. Yep, I am 99% certain that I was sitting directly to your left as that picture was taken. Lets all sing It's a Small World After All. Oh, and if I looked cranky it was because we closed jelly rolls the night before. lol Weren't you cold in those outfits? It was so cold that night. brrrr

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Old 01-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #34
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Wow, what a fun day! I can't believe how much you got done at the AK...in just a half a day, no less! MVMCP sounds so much fun! Tom and I went to Jellyrolls once and we had a blast! The only problem was getting back to our resort at 2am! Lucky for you, you were already there!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #35
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Wow, looks like you had a great day! I was excited to see all your pics from the Christmas Party! Can't wait to read more! Oh, and we ate lunch at The Wave while I was there, and Yvonne was our server too!!
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

Old 01-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #36
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy for Disney View Post
Weren't you cold in those outfits? It was so cold that night. brrrr
We were a little cold but had long cardigans to wear too - the whole vacation we wore shorts & vest tops though, it really did feel warm to us compared to England! But then other people were wearing jeans, coats & scarves!

I meant to post some photos of the window displays on Main St - of Mickey's Christmas Carol...

Emma x

Old 01-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #37
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I loooooved MVMCP!

I wish I could go again.

Did you enjoy the atmosphere? During the second parade, we were walking in Adventureland. Pirates was a walk-on, and there was no one in sight for a while.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 01-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #38
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
I meant to post some photos of the window displays on Main St - of Mickey's Christmas Carol...

Emma x

OH those are AWESOME!!! We watch that every year too! It's not Christmas without certain Christmas specials, and that is one of them!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #39
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

You are so right Nikki. Mickey's Christmas Carol is a tradition here too.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 01-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #40
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

What an eventful day you had!! It looks like you had a lot of fun! I especially liked the pics from MVMCP and the window displays!! Gorgeous!!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #41
Wazowski31
Earning My Ears

Catching up!

You certainly have been busy Emma! I have also been snowed in but it has affected our wireless internet so have been struggling to fix that!
So please travel back in time with me, to our first full day! Magic Kingdom...I loved all the christmas decorations, there was so much to see and take in! I noticed this trip that there were a lot more photopass photographers, probably due to the time of year. I really love the idea of photopass and we always try and take advantage of it whenever we can, it's great to have the 'magical' ones done too! It's something to look forward to when you get home, helps to soften those Disney blues!
In MK I really liked the speedway, I was surprised by how long it was, and that you really did have to steer! Emma drove and I laughed! We found it strange with no clutch or gear stick and being on the wrong side of the road! I wouldn't wait more than 15 mins for this attraction but I would do it again in the future, it's good fun.
The teacups is another family favourite, our mum absolutley loves this ride, yet our dad hates it and refuses to ride. Our mum loves to get it spinning as fast as possible then shouts 'Change direction'! and we have to spin it the other way! I took some good video on this, looking at the screen made me feel a bit sick but it was worth it! I have been trying my best to upload my photos but it seems my sony camcorder and hp laptop do not like each other so i'm hoping to buy a new cable this afternoon that will solve my problem then I can upload a few short videos, keep your fingers crossed for me!
This was actually my first time eating at the Main Street Bakery, when we have gone as a whole family we normally use the facilities in our villa at Boardwalk and get some cereal or pastries at the boardwalk grocery store then don't need to stop till later in the day to refuel! However this trip we were planning on eating a lot and trying out lots of new things...the Bakery was at the top of my list! The smells in that place are incredible, they have some of the biggest pastries I have ever seen! I was going to have one of the apple turnovers then I saw the ham, egg and cheese croissants and my decision suddenly changed!
I'm so proud of us that we joined in at the Dole Whip meet, sometimes the Disney online community can be a bit overwhelming, especially when people have done cruises together and have been to many reunions. It was a little awkward at first but I think the first one will always be the hardest, now we will be able to recognise a few faces in the future. Yay us!
That afternoon I found the jetlag really crept up on me, our dinner at Kouzzina was really lovely but I was so glad my bed was just a few steps away!
Emma...you just had to mention that I knocked off that decoration! I was trying to straighten it up! I had good intentions but then it just fell off and it took me a good few minutes to fix it! Emma was no help at all as she was too busy giggling and taking photos of the carpet! Thanks big sis!
The next day I was so excited for our breakfast at Tusker house, getting to AK when it was so empty was such a great perk of the breakfast! All the cast members who were getting things ready for opening kept saying 'hope you brought your appetites!' I think the character breakfasts are perfect, especially for us english folk, as you are already up early from the time change, it gets you in the park before the crowds and you get a great meal without worrying about timing and whether you are missing out on fastpasses etc. I really liked the set up at Tusker house, the food area was very big and never felt crowded, the choices were great, so nice to see some authentic african breakfast items, although I think we were some of the only few brave enough to try them. Our server there was great and was able to give us rough timings for when the characters would be coming to our table, meaning one of us could go do a quick pastry run!
Here is the photo pack we bought at our breakfast, there is one large print then 4 smaller copies. A perfect package!

More very soon...
Old 01-09-2010, 08:06 AM   #42
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Lovely picture of the both of you with Donald.

We did that breakfast once, and liked it. Especially the decor and how relax it was. Well I have to say we were the last sitting that day hehe

Old 01-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #43
Wazowski31
Earning My Ears

Sorry I tried to resize that photo but I'm fairly new to DIS and photobucket so I just gave up and left it at that larger size.
That evening we got all glamed up to head to the Wave and MVMCP, I really like the Contemporary resort, I ate at California grill a couple of years ago and was eager to return to this resort. One thing I really admire about the disney christmas decorations is how they are so well suited to the individual resorts, the 'hidden mickey' on the side of the contemporary was so apt and fitted in so well with the style of the hotel. I would definitely like to stay at Bay Lake some day.
The Wave was probably my second favourite meal of the trip, my favourite was saturday night's restaurant......nothing wrong with a little tease!
I really liked the decor, the food was amazing and the service was excellent. I especially loved the desserts! I always love sampler platters so to be able to try three desserts is right up my street!
As we waited for the monorail to MK we looked out for the 5 legged goat in the large mural next to the monorail platform and successfully spotted it!
MVMCP was great, I was surprised they shut off so much of Fantasyland before Wishes, I remember back in about 2005, watching Wishes from outside Winnie the Pooh, then going straight on the ride when the fireworks finished?! The extra shows were great, nice to see so many people dressed so festively too! and the dance off between Goofy and Pluto was a real Disney Magical moment!
Another part I really enjoyed and stands out as a really great memory from the holiday was when we were waiting for Wishes to start, we were in the hub, near the bridge to Tomorrowland, whilst we sipped our cocoa they were playing some classic christmas songs and it was great to sing along, made the waiting go so quick!
I can't belive we still went to Jellyrolls after such a busy day, we must have been running on so much adreneline! At first I thought, $10 cover charge...is it worth it..but it definitely is, it's a great place to relax, listen to some excellent pianists and great music, have a drink and unwind after a full day of Disney fun. It also was a great place to hold a podcast meet, being in a proper venue seemed to make it less intimidating than just gathering in adventureland, for example.

Looking forward to our next day!
xxxx
Old 01-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #44
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

You girls seem like so much fun!

Old 01-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #45
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 4

Day 4 – Disney's Hollywood Studios & Epcot – Teppan Edo & the Candlelight Processional

Saturday December 12th 2009

Despite our late night, we still managed to get up & be at DHS just after the EMH opening at 8am!

We just missed the rope drop ceremony, so headed straight to Toy Story Midway Mania!

The line for the FP machines was longer than the standby line (this always seems to happen at TSMM first thing in the morning!) so we rode it straight away, wait was about 10 minutes & we got to see Mr Potato Head interacting with guests in the queue which was fun (he says things like “hey, you in the yellow shirt!” and can really 'see' people in front of him!)

Verity won, we both got the beaver virtual prize (I always seem to get that one?!).
Afterwards we got a FP for TSMM for 12-1pm and headed to Sunset Boulevard for the WDW Today meet.. Tower of Terror with Beci Mahnken!

We saw Beci, Lori, Craig Wheeler & Bryan Ripper again – also some of the presenters of WDW today like Annette Owens & Matt Hotchberg.

Big group shot in front of the Hotel!

(we are stood at the back on the right)

There were 35 (!) of us all together, so we filled nearly two lifts..

I really enjoy the random drop sequences now, you never know if you're going to go up or down at the start!

Next, the group was heading to Rock n Roller Coaster – most had got Fast Passes but as we'd got ours at TSMM we just rode the standby line (less than 10 minutes) and decided to do our own thing – it was fun meeting & talking to people, but it's much easier travelling around the parks in a group of 2 rather than 30+ !

(the ceiling as you enter G Force Records!)

After RnRC – we went to our favourite breakfast spot at DHS.. Starring Rolls!
I had a cinnamon roll and orange juice, Verity had a cherry danish with apple juice.
Next up.. the Great Movie Ride, another family favourite!

(The Big Cheese's hand & foot prints outside the attraction)

We had the gangster scene, the Cast Members were really fun & in character.

As we exited, we caught a few minutes of the High School Musical 3 show in front of the Sorcerer's Hat.
We both adore the HSM movies (yes, even at our ages!!)

We stopped to look at the new AI attraction – still not done this, we'd even
talked about auditioning for it!! No time today though..

We headed to the Streets of America next – Verity showed me where the 'Singing in the Rain' umbrella was – I'd never been able to find it!

And we walked around to the Muppets area of the park, and spent a lot of time exploring, there's some great touches – we even stepped over a rope to the outside queue area for Muppets 3D (rarely used now), it's really well themed, such a shame that hardly any guests see it any more!

We saw Muppets 3D next – we adore this show, the jokes never get old!
Next to the Muppets store,

Verity bought a new t-shirt.. Pal Mickey pointed out a pair of his shorts that were hanging up on a washing line!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: