Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Life Changing Day Where Dreams Come True (Very Personal)

This won't be your typical trip report. I haven't read very many to begin with so I won't know how you generally set them up. However yesterday my mother and I made a trip to the Magic Kingdom. It was a bitter sweet moment. Sweet in the fact that I was finally back at Walt Disney World. Bitter in that the other 4 times I went I was with my grandmother among other family members.

The trip was actually a trip to Orlando for personal reasons. I went along with my mom for support. We didn't get great news on the situation at hand. My mom was very upset so I said mom lets go to Disney. We talked about it understanding it wouldn't be for long. 5 hours tops. But the trip meant more to us than just being there. In 2006 when my grandmother passed away I was 17. I held back all of my anger and sorrow and tried to move on. Even thought I had until yesterday.

We headed from our room in downtown Orlando onto I4 around 9:30 in the morning. Got on to Disney property shortly after and were in the park around 10:30. Not bad being we purposefully waited on the Ferry. As we went through the ticketing gates we stopped by Mickey's News Stand to buy a camera. We walked out in front of the Train Station and took a picture of the population sign and of course the grass that shows a Mickey Mouse head.

As we walked through the tunnel and onto Main Street USA. I felt an odd feeling of being at home. I saw the castle from afar while riding the ferry but when I looked down Main Street I realized in a flash I wasn't over my grandmother death. I had a few tears stream down my face as did my mom. However we decided we would stay as the feeling we had were for a good reason. So we did your typical Disney tour. The parade at 3 down main street brought more tears as did the multiple shows we watched at the Castle. We ate in the Cafe' in Tomorrowland. Rode a ride or 2. Took a lot of pictures and before I realized it it was 5 in the afternoon. We were heading back to SC.

My life changed yesterday at Disney. I realized I have spent the last 4 years hiding behind denial. I haven't had as much fun as I did for those few hours yesterday since 2006. I realized that my life is just beginning I have so much time left in front of me. I got a fair share at how great I want my life to be. I know that Disney is a fairy tale land. But that I should strive to have a life like that. My grandmother put Disney in my heart at a young age for a reason. I remembered that yesterday.

I learned yesterday that dreams do come true and that all you need is someone/something to touch your heart like Disney touches mine. I hope that every trip I take to Disney here on out is just as moving. Thank you for reading my report. I guess this shows while a lot of people are having the time of thier lives at Disney others are getting life lessons at Disney. I know my life will never be the same due to one trip on February 23 2009.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Colt Blackwood
Mouseketeer

That touched my heart and made my day. When the twins get home I'm going to hug them.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Blackwood View Post
That touched my heart and made my day. When the twins get home I'm going to hug them.
Thank you very much. I'm not sure how old your twins are but I promise you trips like this means the world to these kids when they get older.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
Colt Blackwood
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW_lover_in_SC View Post
Thank you very much. I'm not sure how old your twins are but I promise you trips like this means the world to these kids when they get older.
I found that out. They had a lot better time than I did. I got a trip report going also. Like you, i just joined.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2404520
Old 02-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

You brought tears to my eyes. I always say that this trip will probably be my last with the kids, since my oldest is almost 14, but he surprises me and still wants his Disney moment.... I will cherish every moment and not dwell on little things.
I want to bring my Mom when we go in Oct... she just adores it there, but told me that she is too tired to make it this time (she will be 70 in April and went through breast cancer). It's killing me thinking that she might not be around for longer and I want to make as much memories as I can for me and my kids... am I selfish?

My thoughts are with you!

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
Old 02-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNat View Post
You brought tears to my eyes. I always say that this trip will probably be my last with the kids, since my oldest is almost 14, but he surprises me and still wants his Disney moment.... I will cherish every moment and not dwell on little things.
I want to bring my Mom when we go in Oct... she just adores it there, but told me that she is too tired to make it this time (she will be 70 in April and went through breast cancer). It's killing me thinking that she might not be around for longer and I want to make as much memories as I can for me and my kids... am I selfish?

My thoughts are with you!
No way. There are very few things as human beings we can do to help someone but a day where 95% of it is spent smiling is the next best thing. I mean seriously I'm 21 and the trip took me by storm like I was 12. I stood in line an hour or so to meet Mikey. It's honestly the greatest place on earth. It's only natural to want to take someone you love and care about there. Not selfish at all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: