Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #91
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Sounds like a fun first day! Can't wait for more!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #92
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

The Christmas tree is huge at Epcot!!!

Tutto Italia is one of our new favorites! Loved our meal there, and you are right, we didn't feel rushed at all.

I can't wait to plan a Christmas trip -- I hope they still have the Three Kings there when we go in a couple of years.

Who did you order the baskets from or did you do them yourself? They are so cute!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #93
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I always love that little boat over by Mexico too.

I don't mind watching the Norway film, but it really needs to be updated. My last trip we were getting a good laugh out of the clothing.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 01-06-2010, 01:10 AM   #94
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

GREAT update!! The food at Tutto Italia sounds delicious!! And I just love the huge Christmas tree!! WOW! The boys goodie baskets are too cute!! I bet they were thrilled when they saw the goodies!!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:56 AM   #95
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

The tree is awesome! I watched the HGTV special about Disney at Christmas and how the trees are put up and such. I know it is coming, but how do you have Santa at WDW?? Would love to go there or anywhere it snows for Christmas, but I didn't know if Santa could find us??
Old 01-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #96
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Sounds like a fun first day! Can't wait for more!
It was a pretty good day! I'm going to hold off a bit before I start day 2, I'm waiting for my photopass CD to get here. It shipped on Monday so it shouldn't be too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
The Christmas tree is huge at Epcot!!!
So many of the trees were huge like that! I can't imagine putting those things together.

Quote:
Tutto Italia is one of our new favorites! Loved our meal there, and you are right, we didn't feel rushed at all.
I liked it so much that I cancelled another ADR that I had made for May and replaced it with Tutto

Quote:
Who did you order the baskets from or did you do them yourself? They are so cute!
I got the baskets from Memories by Betsy. She was great to work with. She'll put whatever you want in the baskets except food items, Florida law prevents her from doing that. Then she delivered them to the resort the morning of our arrival and the hotel staff put them in the room while we were gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I always love that little boat over by Mexico too.

I don't mind watching the Norway film, but it really needs to be updated. My last trip we were getting a good laugh out of the clothing.
I've never stayed for the film Maybe this May when it's just mom & I and we don't have kids dragging us to the next thing on the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
GREAT update!! The food at Tutto Italia sounds delicious!! And I just love the huge Christmas tree!! WOW! The boys goodie baskets are too cute!! I bet they were thrilled when they saw the goodies!!
They were excited. Can you guess what their favorite thing was? The arcade card! They couldn't wait to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsa1969 View Post
The tree is awesome! I watched the HGTV special about Disney at Christmas and how the trees are put up and such. I know it is coming, but how do you have Santa at WDW?? Would love to go there or anywhere it snows for Christmas, but I didn't know if Santa could find us??
I saw that HGTV special too, pretty impressive operation isn't it?

I struggled a bit with how to do Santa, but finally decided that doing it in a hotel room was just not feasible. I didn't want to ship all the gifts there and back, where would we put them before Christmas, etc. We finally told the boys that it was a logistics nightmare for Santa to have to find kids in their hotel rooms, he only delivers to your home. (Of course, my kids are older too) Santa delivered our gifts at home while we were in WDW and they were waiting for us when we returned.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #97
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful first day. The food sounds totally great. I think I could have eaten all of your choices. They sounded really good.

Your surprises for the boys are so cute. It's so fun when such little things can make them so happy. Love the Santa ears.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 01-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #98
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

Finally made it over here and now am all caught up.

Loved the pics of Port Orleans. I'm thinking we may stay there on our next trip. (if I can ever figure out when that would be).

Next: Jan '14 DL / May '14 DCL 2 day to Nowhere / Jul '14 DCL Alaska
Past: Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
Old 01-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #99
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here, but haven't read yet - just wanted to get it added to my subscriptions and say HELLO! I will catch up ASAP.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #100
Dizneydawn
One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna Come too?

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Love the pics of your family at Epcot and how clear they turned out! I really regret our Epcot day - we did not get there till late and I wish we had gone back for a second time but alas...it will have to wait till later!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #101
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I had to ask Don about Sum of all Thrills since I didn't get a chance to ride it myself. He said there were stations (he couldn't remember if it was 3 or 4) where you designed your ride. You could make it a bobsled, rollercoaster or jet. Once you finished designing the ride they gave you a card with your design on it, you took the card upstairs and waited in another line for a ride vehicle to open up (again, there were 3 or 4 of them). Hope that helps!

I keep meaning to head over and check out your PTR - it's on my list, I just haven't made it over there yet! When in April are you going?
Thanks for the info on the Sum of all Thrills! From the videos I've seen, it looks like there were only 2 so knowing there were more ride vehicles makes me think more about possibly giving it a try!

I'll be going the week of April 4th with my parents, brother, and DBF! I see you've made it to my PTR so yay for another reader

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the things that were inside the baskets! They're all useful things! I see a lot of baskets with chocolates and all that, but if I'm in Disney, I want Disney things! I feel like I can get chocolate anywhere. Did you choose the specific items for the baskets?

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 01-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #102
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
What a wonderful first day. The food sounds totally great. I think I could have eaten all of your choices. They sounded really good.

Your surprises for the boys are so cute. It's so fun when such little things can make them so happy. Love the Santa ears.
Tutto was good, I think it might make it onto the 'we have to eat here everytime' list like Le Cellier.

I was happy with the gift baskets, I thought they turned out great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2travel View Post
Finally made it over here and now am all caught up.

Loved the pics of Port Orleans. I'm thinking we may stay there on our next trip. (if I can ever figure out when that would be).
I'm thinking the first week of May would be a great time for you to visit Monica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here, but haven't read yet - just wanted to get it added to my subscriptions and say HELLO! I will catch up ASAP.
Yay, you made it over! I haven't written too much yet, so it shouldn't take you long to catch up. I even took a cue from you and put links to my updates in the first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydawn View Post
Love the pics of your family at Epcot and how clear they turned out! I really regret our Epcot day - we did not get there till late and I wish we had gone back for a second time but alas...it will have to wait till later!
There is always next time, right?! We probably spent more time in Epcot than in any other park, I it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Thanks for the info on the Sum of all Thrills! From the videos I've seen, it looks like there were only 2 so knowing there were more ride vehicles makes me think more about possibly giving it a try!

I'll be going the week of April 4th with my parents, brother, and DBF! I see you've made it to my PTR so yay for another reader

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the things that were inside the baskets! They're all useful things! I see a lot of baskets with chocolates and all that, but if I'm in Disney, I want Disney things! I feel like I can get chocolate anywhere. Did you choose the specific items for the baskets?
I did send her a list of what I wanted in the basket and she made suggestions as well. The arcade card was her idea and it was a great one, the boys were thrilled!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #103
NMW
DIS Veteran

subscribing awesome tr
Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #104
stace208
DIS Veteran

Great first day! We'll have to try out The Sum of All Thrills. My dd and I did the waste management thing too-pretty cool. Did you do the fire safety house game? That was fun as well.

I just those baskets. Thanks for saying where you got them...going to check out her site now!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #105
floridascgirl
DIS Veteran

Hey there! I found my way to your TR and I'm all caught up. I also used Memories by Betsy. She did a great basket for my DH and DS a few years ago. She had fun ideas and even e-mailed pictures for me to preview the basket before she sealed it up.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip. Your boys are cuties.

Many trips as a child! 2005 Thanksgiving Wilderness Lodge2008 Jan. Wilderness Lodge
2009 Jan/Feb Animal Kingdom Lodge2009 Dec. Animal Kingdom Lodge2010 July Boardwalk Inn2011 Feb. Animal Kingdom Lodge2012 Nov. Pop Century

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: